Guest Posted July 5, 2025 Share Posted July 5, 2025 Hello! I've tried to Mimic Ego's explanation of what happened for the past few minutes, [my game crashed at least 20 times so far] And I just cant get it to work that way, I change my resolution of my PC and Gmod, I've changed it in every possible Ratio and Resolution, I get the white screen but each time my model freezes, I cant physically move at all. The CLOSEST Explanation I believe that could be dished here is: Changed resolution/ratio of screen [In game, since out-of-game does fuckall in terms of affecting gmod] It white screened he was tabbed out He clicked into gmod the second it returned, and it snaps [Im not sure if the Anticheat has detected this previously, but this happens to me alot when im tabbing between my two monitors] I've tried what I just listed, and I dont believe I've activated the Type 1 Anticheat [Im not staff so I can't confirm] At the end of the day, it's possible that maybe he accidentally left another cheat open [Weemod, his Rust one, ect] and it did some magical fuckery and the Anticheat sniffed it up Hope this helps! If not, feel free to hide it, Just trying to give insight as a fellow player! Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/23387-egos-cheating-ban-appeal/page/2/#findComment-161178 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rubik Posted July 5, 2025 Share Posted July 5, 2025 6 minutes ago, Sanzu Zahard said: Hello! I've tried to Mimic Ego's explanation of what happened for the past few minutes, [my game crashed at least 20 times so far] And I just cant get it to work that way, I change my resolution of my PC and Gmod, I've changed it in every possible Ratio and Resolution, I get the white screen but each time my model freezes, I cant physically move at all. The CLOSEST Explanation I believe that could be dished here is: Changed resolution/ratio of screen [In game, since out-of-game does fuckall in terms of affecting gmod] It white screened he was tabbed out He clicked into gmod the second it returned, and it snaps [Im not sure if the Anticheat has detected this previously, but this happens to me alot when im tabbing between my two monitors] I've tried what I just listed, and I dont believe I've activated the Type 1 Anticheat [Im not staff so I can't confirm] At the end of the day, it's possible that maybe he accidentally left another cheat open [Weemod, his Rust one, ect] and it did some magical fuckery and the Anticheat sniffed it up Hope this helps! If not, feel free to hide it, Just trying to give insight as a fellow player! You need to be shooting a weapon for a number of ticks consecutively to trigger this detection. Standing still, timing out, or with your client frozen will not trigger this. 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/23387-egos-cheating-ban-appeal/page/2/#findComment-161179 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chessmond Posted July 5, 2025 Share Posted July 5, 2025 I am -1 for you to be unbanned from what rubik said I believe that his anti cheat is right and you are cheating. 2 7 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/23387-egos-cheating-ban-appeal/page/2/#findComment-161181 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rubik Posted July 5, 2025 Share Posted July 5, 2025 I want to make it clear that no anti-cheat is 100%, and that when I refer to TYPE 1 being 100% accurate, I mean that, for what it's designed to detect, it is going to detect it 100% of the time that it happens on your client, and what it detects should not be possible without modifications to the client itself. What we know is that your client DID do what it detected you did. That being said, it relies on data sent by the client and it is possible under some circumstances for the client to provide false view position details to the server, either under heavy lag or through the use of cheat clients. Due to this, we have checks in place that prevent this data from being reported as cheats if you are lagging or with high packet loss. Without any sort of evidence proving that you were in fact lagging, it's simply ego and mali's word against what the server is reporting. I don't feel confident reversing this ban under those conditions alone but I'm not going to deny this because of that chance that you are telling the truth. I'm going to leave this up to the staff team to determine what they feel is the best course of action is. I've also added some additional logging to determine if the client is in fact lagging but still gets detected anyways to determine if there is a pattern of users being detected with high packet loss. 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/23387-egos-cheating-ban-appeal/page/2/#findComment-161183 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Malicious Posted July 5, 2025 Share Posted July 5, 2025 (edited) i’m +1 due to the fact that during the 1-2 hour call i had with Rubik we both had a lot of things to talk about, false positives, there was also a code malfunction that we changed during the call, i know for certain that Ego isn’t cheating as i’ve played multiple games with him and his aims always consistent, in every game it’s around the same skill level and aim level, we both play csgo and r6 together and he’s the same, at the end of the day i think this was a false positive as things do break, nothing is perfect and they 1% chance that it can happen is very possible. so im +1 and i know that hes not cheating and it was just a anti-cheat malfunction. im not trying to say that the anti-cheat is completely useless im just saying that its a 1 in a million chance for this to happen. Edited July 5, 2025 by Malicious 7 3 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/23387-egos-cheating-ban-appeal/page/2/#findComment-161185 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blue. Posted July 5, 2025 Share Posted July 5, 2025 We unbanned hammy because F did not have 100% proof, and yes this is AC - not a hour long video of rdm zone fights but still. If you are 100% certain that ego was properly flagged for client manipulation then we can't really argue against that, we can try to reason that maybe video evidence should be required as well but if its certain, then it is certain. I think personally if there's a chance to be falsely flagged then it probably should've been noted to the admins to watch ego extremely closely to see if there cant be more proof found vs just going for the kill. In an ideal world if there was a possibility of it not being true then we should've worked to prove it without a doubt. That is all I have to really say. I can't confidently say Ego is or isn't a cheater. I'm not ego, im not rubik. I didn't make this anti cheat, I'm not gonna pretend to understand the inner workings of it past what has been explained by rubik. 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/23387-egos-cheating-ban-appeal/page/2/#findComment-161191 Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Worst Dad Posted July 5, 2025 Share Posted July 5, 2025 This situation is definitely interesting. This specific flag is supposed to be infallible in it's detection but after speaking with Slippery Banana, another player who apparently had triggered the same exact flag and angle, I'm questioning the system. Because nothing came of that case either to their recollection. That is one very niche case, for sure, that happened years ago. Maybe the system changed over time. Right now I can only offer conjecture from playing with Ego for the last couple months that I have known him, I have not seen him cheat or hack in Garry's Mod, or the other games he has streamed. I can only offer my own experiences as I do not have more knowledge of this anti-cheat besides someone else's experience with it. I do not know the inner workings of it either. I'll be +1 for now. 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/23387-egos-cheating-ban-appeal/page/2/#findComment-161204 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rubik Posted July 5, 2025 Share Posted July 5, 2025 Quote If you are 100% certain that ego was properly flagged for client manipulation then we can't really argue against that, we can try to reason that maybe video evidence should be required as well but if its certain, then it is certain. I can say that he was 100% detected for shooting outside the normal range of what is normally possible. Now how this happened is what we don't know for sure. He says it was due to lag which is possible, but we don't know with 100% certainly if he was in fact lagging because there's no evidence on either side to support it. I don't mind either way if people give him the benefit of the doubt, he's been around for a long time. 2 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/23387-egos-cheating-ban-appeal/page/2/#findComment-161209 Share on other sites More sharing options...
1304 Posted July 5, 2025 Share Posted July 5, 2025 Hello I do not have a single bit of coding knowledge nor cheating knowledge but I question why would ego cheat also speaking with mal yesterday if in fact ego is cheating and mal knew why would mal ruin there reputation I’ve have watched both of them play I just don’t see the benefit of cheating once again I have no knowledge into coding but In my opinion not enough evidence was put forward anti cheat systems can fail no anti cheat system is 100% and that is why I feel some more in depth of looking would help why would ego cheat as a mod that has helped and saw bans for cheating would they have not known the same fate as other players that have cheated in the past would get to them eventually with this being said I don’t believe egos ban is valid as of right now if more evidence unless more evidence comes out but then that leads me to my other point should we just unban other players that got console ban for aimbot because there is no evidence besides console saying so not sure unfortunately for now I have no option as I don’t understand how and why the system says ego cheated unless someone can explain better why and how it says ego was using aimbot I have no option I know this doesn’t help much in a vote but I must leave this here for everyone to see if someone cares to explain more to me I’ll be glad to cast a real vote soon Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/23387-egos-cheating-ban-appeal/page/2/#findComment-161212 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Decent Human Being Posted July 5, 2025 Share Posted July 5, 2025 I have tried to remain as impartial as possible in regards to this but this situation feels a little insane to me. No regular player would be given the privileges Ego has been given especially because it was a console ban. The server has become writhe with cheaters and unbanning a staff member who turned his entire profile into a cheating joke would be crossing the line. The joke (even if ironic) was taken too far, especially for a staff member. You made your name egoware, your join message was that you cheat and made a DMA card as your profile picture for some time. You trigged the anticheat and your explanation for why just does not line up as been stated before by Rubik. I have to agree with this sentiment, what are we going to do just unban all console bans because there isn't enough evidence now? I guarantee there is probably a check in place to prevent the false flag like you claim. I am -1 3 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/23387-egos-cheating-ban-appeal/page/2/#findComment-161215 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts