Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DannyMagik said:

This honestly seems like trying to start drama where there wasn’t really an issue. -1 for any punishment for Grelof. 
 

The issue is that Grelof should 100% know better. If it was so bad that he felt the need to double punish it should have probably been a ban. The issue is that double punishment comes up when you sign up to become mod, its in the mod guidelines AND in the punishment guidelines. It's one of the most clear mod rules there are and he violated it, resulting in someone who apparently is extremely toxic staying on the server when a more harsh punishment should have happened. 

I'm sorry that there are mods who think its drama when you do not follow your own rules but I think there should be some bottom of the barrel standards to be held accountable for.

No Piklas, it's drama because you're inserting yourself into a situation in which you have no equity.

 

Grelof did not double punish in my eyes. The warn and gigamute act as two parts of one punishment. A warn to indicate on his profile that he has a history of spouting racial slurs and the gigamute to stop him from doing it again.

 

Gigamutes, much like cpbans, act as preventative measures to stop rulebreakers from continuing their offending behavior. The idea being that if someone just joined the server to yell racial slurs or cuff as many people as possible, if they are prevented from doing so for 30m or so, they may decide to instead go to a different server to cause problems.

 

 

  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Slick said:

 

 

Gigamutes, much like cpbans, act as preventative measures to stop rulebreakers from continuing their offending behavior. The idea being that if someone just joined the server to yell racial slurs or cuff as many people as possible, if they are prevented from doing so for 30m or so, they may decide to instead go to a different server to cause problems.

 

 

Show me a single message in mod chat, guideline or higher up ever saying that gigamutes are not punishments. You inventing that right now will not fly

I honestly agree with Slick here I dont consider this a double punishment. Like if the guy already had recent verbals for toxicity then a warn with the gigamute would make sense especially as gigamutes are not kept on record on someone’s profile.

 

Additionally I think the whole idea of reporting or appealing on someone else’s behalf is not something we should be doing.

 

Edited by DannyMagik

I never said that gigamutes are not punishments, in fact they are used as punishments regularly as I'm sure you know. I said that gigamutes are helpful tools in order to prevent rulebreakers from reoffending.

 

To draw on a real world example, If someone has a history of driving their car drunk, taking their license away to stop them from doing it again can be a punishment on its own. But to say that someone who recieved a fine and had their license taken away has had their rights against double jeopardy violated would be absurd.

Edited by Slick
2 minutes ago, DannyMagik said:

I honestly agree with Slick here I dont consider this a double punishment. Like if the guy already had recent verbals for toxicity then a warn with the gigamute would make sense especially as Gigamutes are not kept on record on someone’s profile.

 

The punishment guidelines disagree with what your feelings consider punishments unfortunately. If you're warning someone for something you are telling them to not do something again or there will be harsher punishments. 

 

2 minutes ago, Slick said:

I never said that gigamutes are not punishments, in fact they are used as punishments regularly as I'm sure you know. I said that gigamutes are helpful tools in order to prevent rulebreakers from reoffending.

 

To draw on a real world example, If someone has a history of driving their car drunk, taking their license away to stop them from doing it again can be a punishment on its own. But to say that someone who recieved a fine and had their license taken away had their rights against double jeopardy violated would be absurd.

A real world example is someone speeding and getting a formal warning and still having their drivers license removed. "I never said that gigamutes are not punishments" "Grelof did not double punish in my eyes" When 2 punishments were given for one offense. Make it make sense

I do not give a single fuck about what the mods feel when there is literal written explicit rules for you to follow. Either you follow the written rules for staffing or you should be demoted if there is any competent leadership left.

  • Crybaby 1
40 minutes ago, 1-800-Suicide said:

This report has nothing to do with you no matter how much you want it to, the link is only to demonstrate that I can make reports on the behalf of others. Mods please delete the post.

 

key word "or" there are multiple places where it tells mods to not double punish, yet grelof did.

Once again the warn was added in value for other mods to see 

 

the gigmute was to stop player from saying what was said 

 

am I in disagreement with your whole statement no I do see your point of view 

14 minutes ago, 1304 said:

Once again the warn was added in value for other mods to see 

 

the gigmute was to stop player from saying what was said 

 

am I in disagreement with your whole statement no I do see your point of view 

Bulletpoint #2 on punishment guidelines :

  • Don't punish multiple times for multiple rule breaks in one act, punish once, and the user should learn from it. If they don't, punish them again.

Key words: "If they don't, punish them again." 
It's literally written so clearly that a 5 year old could understand it. It's not a question about viewpoints, feelings or inventing rules.

 

Grelof blatantly went against proper procedure to double punish someone. The fact that you "people" won't even do one of your fake "talking to" decisions is honestly such a picture of what the staff team is rn. A collection of freaks who are all just biased for their own friends, and I do mean all staff.

Hello, I was on during this time before this player was warned and after. The person who was double punished, joe shmoe 22, had multiple !votemutes due to his comments he made in OOC. He was saying something about African Americans that was not appropriate to say in TitsRP. Grelof had dealt with him as you can see by warning the player and muting him afterwards. How he should of properly handled this was to bring the player to a sit and tell him that if continued to say these inappropriate comments in OOC that he would Gigamute and if he continued after the Gigamute he would be banned for 3 days for "Player Toxicity" then he would  leave a note for staff showing that he was punished. If you warn a player that is a punishment in itself, a Gigamute is also a form of punishment therefore, he was double punished in this situation. You need to follow the correct format of the Guidelines to help you punish a player accordingly to avoid situations like this in the future of you TitsRP staffing career. I was a former Senior Moderator for TitsRP, I am affected by this as well so please do not remove my post.

he prob shouldve just been warned and then left to it and if he continued banned.. or muted with a note (notes are not punishments) then warned or banned if continued after the mute ends.

i don't think this is anything big enough to warrant something like a demotion or strike though, but i do agree i dont rly see the need in warning and then muting, 1 or the other is prob the most i'd do.

also lets not make side-reporting or side-appealing a thing, if ur not the person affected then u shouldnt be the one to make the report unless the other person literally cannot make one (brain damage?). im not sure of the hex post (havent checked it) but if its not them who is being affected and theyre reporting for someone else w/o that person asking them to then its a little silly, opens the doors for reports of RDM or harassment reports when its between 2 friends and a user has no context and is just making a useless report.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...