Current poll status

wolf2297

Literally just learned we had reaction limits that's weird.

https://imgur.com/a/HQ8y8EY

And i do agree the newer players face a massive skill gap, but getting raided 2 to 3 or 4 times per player just drives the newer players away. The biggest problem with the state of raiding is that the skill gap is large enough that newer players would rather quit then deal with it

8 minutes ago, Sae said:

Personally, I think there's a huge issue with the current staff apps. If you go and look at how staff apps used to be on the forums and then look at the Discord apps, there was a HUGE change in how easy it was to apply. I think it should either be changed back or somehow implement the difficulty of the previous apps on Discord. I think increasing the difficulty of the staff apps will drastically help reduce both the amount of the staff as well as the quality of who is being accepted.

Im ngl I dont really. (IF current staff continue asking their questions in staff apps).

Yes, current staff applications ask a lot less questions and dont ask you to write a biography for yourself. However, the questions our SMOD team and other mods ask applicants are just as hard if not harder than the previous template.

I copied all the questions I had to answer back in 2017 while applying for staff and you can compare it to a question asked by one of our existing staff team on applications that are still up right now.

Older template questions:

Player X claims that player Y is using printers with a building sign up

Player X shoots player Y with a stun gun for 1 armor of damage. Player Y kills player X. Player Y makes a sit on Player X for stun gun abusing them

3 players report a player for Mass RDMing. You try to bring the player in question but it says "This player has not been found.":

Player X crossfired player Y in a raid. Player Y makes a sit claiming he RDMed him. How would you investigate to check if it were crossfire?

Player X calls a sit saying "Admin to me":

Player X teleports into Player Y's base using !sleep and kills player Y because he is Jigsaw. However player X starts to blow up player Y's printers. Player Y calls a sit on Player X:

Somebody dies in a raid. They come back and stand on the sidewalk outside their base and get killed again by the raider. They call a sit for RDM:

Somebody dies in a raid. They come back to their base at exactly the 10 minute mark and get killed by the person who was raiding. They call a sit for RDM:

You are in a sit and decide to give somebody a verbal warning for an accidental RDM. The offended user calls you a bad staff member and says that you need to ban them for 3 days:

Somebody calls a sit complaining that a user FDA'd during a raid:

New unique questions:

Player "X" is being targeted and harassed by player "Y". Player "Y" is calling them names and racial slurs, Player "X" reports him and says that he is doing this to him because Player "X" killed Player "Y" in crossfire. Player "Y" was saying this through voice chat and not through text chat. How would you go about solving this, what would you check and, or ask Player "X" for. Also let me know what you would check if Player "Y" did say this though text chat.

Player A and Player B were recently in a sit that didn't go Player A's way; Player A is constantly placing hit on Player B. Player A often goes up to Player B and is verbally calling them slurs,  Player A has been previously told to leave Player B alone. How would you handle the sit and what kind of evidence would you be looking for? 

Player X and Y are basing together and get raided by Player Z. Player Z makes it through Player X's dupe, but before player Z could kill them both, they destroy their entities inside. In this situation can you describe what this would be called and how would you handle the situation?

Player X says he got rdmed by 2 people and Player Y says he was shooting him while he was in his base, Player K says the same thing but when you check the death positions and you see he is outside the base looking like he is walking past not raiding, how would you solve this?

Idk who but someone asked this applicant 5 questions in one comment LOL

1) Player A reports Player B for attempting to crash the server with props. You have just claimed the ticket and have not brought either parties just yet. How would you proceed? 2) Player A reports Player B for using a cop job to unlock doors to the mayors office, then switching to the mayors assassin and killing him. You have just claimed the ticket. How would you proceed? 3) Player A reports Player B for building on the sidewalk, saying that it's a nuisance because he has to cross the street to keep walking while there's jwalking laws and he keeps getting arrested because of it. Upon claiming the ticket you see that Player B is on the Hobo job. How would you proceed? 4) Player A reports Player B for being extremely toxic, he is telling Player A to kill himself in voicechat, you have no evidence when you claim the ticket. How would you proceed? 5) Player A reports Player B for Fading Door Abuse and building while being raided. You have just claimed the ticket. How would you proceed?

Again, all of this is just found by me clicking random accepted staff applications.

Now you tell me, is it harder to get into staff now or before when all the questions were templates and you can just ask your friend billybob to copy his homework

5 minutes ago, wolf2297 said:

And i do agree the newer players face a massive skill gap, but getting raided 2 to 3 or 4 times per player just drives the newer players away. The biggest problem with the state of raiding is that the skill gap is large enough that newer players would rather quit then deal with it

idk when i first got raided and got destroyed i thought it was cool that i could eventually get to that level and that the raid system is so much more in depth than lockpick and keypad crack.

if every argument is new player vs experienced player, they would lose even if it was a diff raid system. at most make !guide include raiding advice and push !guide to new players more -- advice could include just general awareness on base building, raid tools (and the fact that most of them are radius based so dont put all ur props at ur front door), dont make ur whole thing fences, propblock doesnt work etc -- make !guide better ig is the only takeaway unless u want to completely kill the raiding system and go back to stoneage lockpick and keypad cracker (no1 even knows !guide command rn)

the raiding system isnt that bad its just that new players arent ready to get hit with the C4 and Blowtorches. Most other servers are less subtle when it comes to raiding. IE /advert raid and C4 is LOUDD and usually hyper expensive. On tits everyone has c4

Ill also say that basing is incredibly boring and time consuming and there are a TON more ways to get money on this server besides putting down 2 printers and staring at them for 6 hours
New players should be steered towards the more unique jobs in the server to learn instead of them defaulting to putting down a dupe that doesnt work for shit on the server and getting raided within two seconds by a player with more game knowledge than them

10 minutes ago, Crabroll said:

Im ngl I dont really. (IF current staff continue asking their questions in staff apps).

Yes, current staff applications ask a lot less questions and dont ask you to write a biography for yourself. However, the questions our SMOD team and other mods ask applicants are just as hard if not harder than the previous template.

I copied all the questions I had to answer back in 2017 while applying for staff and you can compare it to a question asked by one of our existing staff team on applications that are still up right now.

Player X shoots player Y with a stun gun for 1 armor of damage. Player Y kills player X. Player Y makes a sit on Player X for stun gun abusing them

3 players report a player for Mass RDMing. You try to bring the player in question but it says "This player has not been found.":

Player X crossfired player Y in a raid. Player Y makes a sit claiming he RDMed him. How would you investigate to check if it were crossfire?

Player X teleports into Player Y's base using !sleep and kills player Y because he is Jigsaw. However player X starts to blow up player Y's printers. Player Y calls a sit on Player X:

Somebody dies in a raid. They come back and stand on the sidewalk outside their base and get killed again by the raider. They call a sit for RDM:

Somebody dies in a raid. They come back to their base at exactly the 10 minute mark and get killed by the person who was raiding. They call a sit for RDM:

You are in a sit and decide to give somebody a verbal warning for an accidental RDM. The offended user calls you a bad staff member and says that you need to ban them for 3 days:

New unique questions:

Player "X" is being targeted and harassed by player "Y". Player "Y" is calling them names and racial slurs, Player "X" reports him and says that he is doing this to him because Player "X" killed Player "Y" in crossfire. Player "Y" was saying this through voice chat and not through text chat. How would you go about solving this, what would you check and, or ask Player "X" for. Also let me know what you would check if Player "Y" did say this though text chat.

Player A and Player B were recently in a sit that didn't go Player A's way; Player A is constantly placing hit on Player B. Player A often goes up to Player B and is verbally calling them slurs,  Player A has been previously told to leave Player B alone. How would you handle the sit and what kind of evidence would you be looking for? 

Player X and Y are basing together and get raided by Player Z. Player Z makes it through Player X's dupe, but before player Z could kill them both, they destroy their entities inside. In this situation can you describe what this would be called and how would you handle the situation?

Player X says he got rdmed by 2 people and Player Y says he was shooting him while he was in his base, Player K says the same thing but when you check the death positions and you see he is outside the base looking like he is walking past not raiding, how would you solve this?

1) Player A reports Player B for attempting to crash the server with props. You have just claimed the ticket and have not brought either parties just yet. How would you proceed? 2) Player A reports Player B for using a cop job to unlock doors to the mayors office, then switching to the mayors assassin and killing him. You have just claimed the ticket. How would you proceed? 3) Player A reports Player B for building on the sidewalk, saying that it's a nuisance because he has to cross the street to keep walking while there's jwalking laws and he keeps getting arrested because of it. Upon claiming the ticket you see that Player B is on the Hobo job. How would you proceed? 4) Player A reports Player B for being extremely toxic, he is telling Player A to kill himself in voicechat, you have no evidence when you claim the ticket. How would you proceed? 5) Player A reports Player B for Fading Door Abuse and building while being raided. You have just claimed the ticket. How would you proceed?

Again, all of this is just found by me clicking random accepted staff applications.

Now you tell me, is it harder to get into staff now or before when all the questions were templates and you can just ask your friend billybob to copy his homework

Nah, the older staff applications were much better in that you were supposed to go into more detail of how you would handle sits and it also had more of a variety of situations to handle. The current one has five questions and only two refer to actual sits with no real situation behind them, thus allowing someone to be as vague as possible.

Edited by Sae

2 hours ago, bugman said:

no one is raiding a new players solo base like this btw

The people who raid a new player like this are the same people who complain about terry basing. Terry does not raid a new players solo base like this.

• Like 1

As someone who EXCLUSIVELY lockpicks/keypad Cracks into bases I can say I have successfully raided the top players about 5 times of playing because they dont expect anyone to either raid them or they expect someone to go into the base loud as fuck. The meta has changed in a way that if new players want to play fuck around and find out they have the ability to.

C4 and the extra shit make it easy for raiders. It's why the older guys who have tons of equipment look like they're cheating every time they raid. They use ALL of the equipment at one time. Just some food for thought. 

10 hours ago, Crabroll said:

New unique questions:

both old and new questions are toddler level. start asking what their credit score is or if they have setup a 401k yet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1