Review of Harrassment rules

Xyleena

When I saw the UNICEF, UN, and stopbullying.gov stuff, I thought this was a joke post.  I realize that this is indeed a serious post. Oh boy...

First of all, harassment is against the server rules. Clearly the definitions of harassment differ. The server's definition is repeated targetting over a proven significant period of time. Yours seems to be intentional misgendering(?) or something.

As for the hate speech part. That's also against server rules. Everything you mentioned (except the misgendering nonsense) is against the server rules. You just have to gather actual evidence if you want anything done about it.

You must be new here because this is actually the most tame period in the server's history. I can only imagine the meltdown you would have had in the pre-2020 days (IYKYK).

Take a step back and realize you came on the forums of a server on a game that's almost 16 years old to talk about harassment and hate speech. Don't take this place too seriously. You're taking it way too personally.

Just find your people and chill. Then shoot anyone starting shit (after 3 adverted warns of course).

6 minutes ago, Makoto said:

When I saw the UNICEF, UN, and stopbullying.gov stuff, I thought this was a joke post.  I realize that this is indeed a serious post. Oh boy...

First of all, harassment is against the server rules. Clearly the definitions of harassment differ. The server's definition is repeated targetting over a proven significant period of time. Yours seems to be intentional misgendering(?) or something.

As for the hate speech part. That's also against server rules. Everything you mentioned (except the misgendering nonsense) is against the server rules. You just have to gather actual evidence if you want anything done about it.

You must be new here because this is actually the most tame period in the server's history. I can only imagine the meltdown you would have had in the pre-2020 days (IYKYK).

Take a step back and realize you came on the forums of a server on a game that's almost 16 years old to talk about harassment and hate speech. Don't take this place too seriously. You're taking it way too personally.

Just find your people and chill. Then shoot anyone starting shit (after 3 adverted warns of course).

Nah, I don't think misgendering is actually an issue by itself, I have seen admins see people call me "guy" on OOC  "male" etc INTENTIONALLY to attempt to hurt me, but the people didn't even read the post at all immediately start saying take harrasment and move on proving the point there. And yes, I am mostly trying to protect the childeren, they can actually self-harm due to bullying if it is severe, even if nothing changes  I can tell myself I tried. And thanks for your response, probably I'll quit though, even though people called me like piece of shit trans? something like that but no action taken because it is not the "f slur" or intentionally said man, if you aren't man you take no offense right ? man etc , there is for sure malicious intent as their profile had several -rep for being a transphobe. 

42 minutes ago, Xyleena said:

I have seen admins see people call me "guy" on OOC  "male" etc INTENTIONALLY to attempt to hurt me

If you dont mute players and try to avoid them then they wont be punished for things like this. You have to take the first step in ending the situation. Continuing to interact with them in OOC and not taking the easiest solution (muting them) shows a lack of desire to actually stop the interaction. 

Edited by bugman

4 hours ago, Xyleena said:

Nah, I don't think misgendering is actually an issue by itself, I have seen admins see people call me "guy" on OOC  "male" etc INTENTIONALLY to attempt to hurt me, but the people didn't even read the post at all immediately start saying take harrasment and move on proving the point there. And yes, I am mostly trying to protect the childeren, they can actually self-harm due to bullying if it is severe, even if nothing changes  I can tell myself I tried. And thanks for your response, probably I'll quit though, even though people called me like piece of shit trans? something like that but no action taken because it is not the "f slur" or intentionally said man, if you aren't man you take no offense right ? man etc , there is for sure malicious intent as their profile had several -rep for being a transphobe. 

I appreciate your message and your method here, but I don't think this is a major issue on TitsRP and I think our current method of handling cases of harassment or abuse through reports on a case-by-case basis, as we have been for the past 8 years, is working fine. People can be edgy sometimes but everyone's pretty chill. I can not recall a single situation where someone has been bullied, a report has been brought to us, and nothing was done. We take that stuff pretty seriously. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this process, feel free to reach out directly! My discord is @rbik 

edit: I think people just need to be reminded that at the end of the day, you don't know other people's history, their traumas, a shitty upbringing, family issues, abuse, their mental state, etc. Just be a nice to everyone and don't intentionally fuck with people. On the flip side, maybe your bully is going through some shit and no one ever taught them how to control their emotions or vent. Look at it for what it is and move on. Don't let their words / actions affect your ability to socialize with others, make friends or feel good about yourself.

• Like 1

Hello Xyleena, thank you for taking the time out of your day to post this. I would like to point out a couple of flaws in this though; First and foremost the whole "cyber bullying" thing, sure bullying might be bad but it is the source of growth for a lot of people. It seems a tad silly to me that cyber bullying is apparently this big of an issue when it comes to gender identity or sexuality. If it was hate speech then I could understand it, however hate speech is not subjective just because it hurt your feelings. Hate Speech that is punishable by law is this; "hate speech can only be criminalized when it directly incites imminent criminal activity or consists of specific threats of violence targeted against a person or group.". You are asking us as a community to conform to every single persons ideals that comes in here? We already punish death threats and treat them very seriously; however it is absolutely ludicrous in my opinion to ask us to start moderating our community members in the aspect of who they call a dude or who they call a gal. Regardless grow a pair, seriously, it would be a different story if someone told you "hey go kill yourself" or "hey I hope you bleed out from your surgery going wrong". Those are vile and disgusting things to say to someone and will be treated as such, but you're asking us to nitpick so your feelings don't get hurt. If they are using slurs, death threats, or anything related to the aforementioned comments, that is a different story. I hope that I'm not coming off as aggressive, however the stance I'm taking on this is one that I believe you need to hear. I can promise you that us as a staff team will definitely be there when it is necessary, however for such trivial matters it's not anything we should be doing. We already don't allow slurs, we already don't allow death threats, I promise this is a decently tame community. All due respect, just grow some thicker skin.

Best Regards,

Ironfish1

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheRealHex said:

But isn't it oh so lovely that we're the one's expected to be forced offline because people wanna be little shit heads.

Look Ik it’s not perfect but there isn’t a lot that can be done about it Hex. Yea it would be great if everyone could get along and have fun but that’s sadly not possible on this server or any others. Some things can be done but not all can. I’m sorry it’s just how the world is 

Being nice to humans in garry's mod *wheezing face* am I right?

Cannot hold passive agression after reading all this, my sincerest apologies.  And I mean it.

It is just frustrating that everyone excpects the bullied to grow "thicker skin" and not the other way around. 

Yes people should try to be as strong as they can be, but their strongest might be weak due to mental stuff. Said billion times, just spend time to read maybe? 

Why would one want other to feel bad intentionally I still cannot comprehend that even though there are various reasons stated...

Edited by Xyleena
  • Like 1

• KDawg locked this topic