Revert to Old Mic Spamming Rule

Succ The Zucc

I think we should go back to when we allowed Mic Spamming on everything, it was changed a couple of years back to ONLY hobos to give the job class a purpose other than just being homeless. Now with the BattlePass and the whole dumpster thing they now serve a overall better purpose. I've seen people trying to go back to mic spamming as non-hobos and I have to correct it which personally I don't even care when people do as it hurts literally no one and now that Hobos have a purpose it's a good idea imo to allow it again as the old rule has served its purpose for the time.

• Like 1
  • thumbdown -1 1

I myself don't think this would be a good idea because yeah sure the hobo job does have a purpose now with dumpsters and stuff but letting everyone mic spam would make it chaos constantly. limiting it only to a certain job or jobs helps a lot because I don't think you wanna have to deal with everytime you leave spawn everyone and their mother just starts mic spamming like super loud stuff or music.  

• Like 1

Personal opinion is that this is a fucking horrible idea. The point of allowing a very select few classes/jobs the ability to mic spam, which I'm SURE you're aware of, as a senior mod, is to prevent insane amounts of chaos over mic. Yes, we have the mute function, which I'm sure we all utilize dearly when it comes to people micspamming annoying stuff, but I feel like loosening this rule could very quickly bring more soundboard audios of racism and other nasty shit because people think it's funny-- and then you guys end up needing to deal with the consequences for the most part (unless of course, NOBODY deals with it, in which case wtf?).

But yeah no, this is not a good idea at all. Leave mic spam to goofier classes. Long as people stick to soundboards and to audios that aren't excessively long or loud, people don't really care if you're playing shit over mic anyways...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRealHex said:

which I'm SURE you're aware of, as a senior mod, is to prevent insane amounts of chaos over mic.

You do understand I was around when the rule was made right? The rule was made specifically to allow Hobo classes to have a purpose other than being only homeless. It wasn't made to "prevent insane amounts of chaos over mic" it just so happened to be a result not the reason.

6 minutes ago, TheRealHex said:

Leave mic spam to goofier classes. Long as people stick to soundboards and to audios that aren't excessively long or loud, people don't really care if you're playing shit over mic anyways...

This still doesn't mean I am not forced to enforce the rule. Just because some people don't care that doesn't mean you're still not allowed to. That's explicitly why I'm looking to change it.

4 minutes ago, Succ The Zucc said:

You do understand I was around when the rule was made right? The rule was made specifically to allow Hobo classes to have a purpose other than being only homeless. It wasn't made to "prevent insane amounts of chaos over mic" it just so happened to be a result not the reason.

This still doesn't mean I am not forced to enforce the rule. Just because some people don't care that doesn't mean you're still not allowed to. That's explicitly why I'm looking to change it.

For the first quote, no, but that could either be because I simply wasn't AROUND yet (I joined a year and some months ago now), or I just don't pay enough attention/ memory things lmfao.

For the second, I think the tone of my initial reply might've been off? It's more so I'm CONCERNED for you guys because I've already notice intense strain from friends who are staff and the extra "bullshit" is just that. All this is purely opinion and doesn't mean any of this will or will not happen. I just don't want the staff who are actually really good at what they do to have to deal with extra on account of dumb/ immature people taking advantage of the potential rule change because... we *all* know people love taking advantage of a good time here.

• Like 1

You may micspam anything as a Hobo class as long as it isn't listed as not allowed.  You also may micspam as any other job if the audio played is related to the jobs/models RP. If the audio played is deemed not to be RP related and you are just looking for a way to micspam something stupid as a non hobo then you will be asked to stop. (Good examples: Playing the jaws theme as a shark, pig noises as a pig, or combine chatter as a combine soldier) (Bad example: Micspamming loud music as the job "Ear doctor" to check if everyones ears work properly)

This rule seems pretty fair tbh ^

• Like 3

On 5/6/2023 at 6:01 AM, GoatNuts said:

i would actually love to have this changed

Of course you would goat😂😂

On 5/5/2023 at 12:07 PM, {GN} Isaac said:

You may micspam anything as a Hobo class as long as it isn't listed as not allowed.  You also may micspam as any other job if the audio played is related to the jobs/models RP. If the audio played is deemed not to be RP related and you are just looking for a way to micspam something stupid as a non hobo then you will be asked to stop. (Good examples: Playing the jaws theme as a shark, pig noises as a pig, or combine chatter as a combine soldier) (Bad example: Micspamming loud music as the job "Ear doctor" to check if everyones ears work properly)

This rule seems pretty fair tbh ^

i agree with isaac succ, mic spam on everyjob would be chaos amongst the server the rule we got now its nice it allows us to still mic spam instead of completely getting rid of it.