Name on Doors Rule & Other Issues

caleb

27 minutes ago, caleb said:

Hobo bases or as they're called -- "free-standing-bases" would be heavily affected by this rule because if a group of hobos are being raided or attacked, no one can defend their base because there is no DOOR to own to defend it?

If someone destroys/ affects your props in any way you are allowed to kill them. 

28 minutes ago, caleb said:

Waterfall bases or other base locations that are completely allowed to the playerbase to base in but don't have doors.

You were never allowed to base in waterfall for multiple years, and it was usually used as a fun spot to hang out without ents until one day some staff decided they wanted to base there and now its allowed ig.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • cmonBruh 1

11 minutes ago, bugman said:

If someone destroys/ affects your props in any way you are allowed to kill them. 

You were never allowed to base in waterfall for multiple years, and it was usually used as a fun spot to hang out without ents until one day some staff decided they wanted to base there and now its allowed ig.

1. You're completely missing the point, it's not one sole player who is defending that base. There needs to be a way for people to defend said base who are actively living in the base without a DOOR. Did you even read the post? The issue with the rule is when MULTIPLE people are basing together and their name isn't on any door because there isn't a door to own, LMFAO.

2. I never said you could base in it in the past but there needs to be a rule change for multiple reasons or some solution to solve nonsense that shouldn't happen. Garage doors should also show names on them so raiders don't throw a hissy fit when they get killed by someone who owns it and waste people's time. There has to be a better way to go about defending your friend's base that doesn't cause an issue every time someone complains about dying to a defender. I don't care for the waterfall base as there's multiple locations that are just as good/if not better -- I could care less if it got removed or stayed but I do think that a lot of rules that are created prevent people from having creative base designs even though clearly in the rules it just states as long as it can be raided by default raid tools, it's allowed.
Edited by caleb

+1
As someone with unstable internet, the whole unowning doors on disconnect thing is really annoying when my steam loses connection to the servers and I have to rejoin, Only to find out someone bought my doors and claimed all my entities, or I find I am currently being raided and I can't defend cause I don't own the base anymore.

I agree that there should be some kind of way for your doors to stay owned for the same length or more than how long your props take to de-spawn on disconnect, Making garage doors display the owner would be nice as well.

• Like 2

+1 If your party owns a base location you should be able to defend it end of discussion really I own the dupe at the slums double garage and constantly deal with the dumb shit even when its my props I'm not just gonna sit in my base for hours on end just because of the possibility of a raid no1 is doing that makes for an unfun environment

• Like 1

I have fallen victim to the "Must be behind dupe in order to defend waterfall base" rule I dont think it should be removed but I think it should be altered to that you have to be inside of the water fall or something along the lines of that so I personally would love this being added getting a warn verbal and or ban for this would be very frustrating because   at that point if you leave your base and come back to defend all you can do is watch witch I'm not gonna call dumb but I would like you to see how this would be a Couse of issue  about the garage door issue that's just a thing that should non arguably be changed  I would also like to add to the water fall situation I be leave that that one door way area should just have a garage door (PS I have no clue how easy or hard it would be to add this) thank you for the time   

7 hours ago, HooDi said:

+1 If your party owns a base location you should be able to defend it end of discussion really I own the dupe at the slums double garage and constantly deal with the dumb shit even when its my props I'm not just gonna sit in my base for hours on end just because of the possibility of a raid no1 is doing that makes for an unfun environment

Yeah no there is a reason the server went away from using parties to determine who can defend or not (it was terrible and everyone loopholed) but then the "you have to be in the dupe to defend" is such a bandaid fix for the issue. Even having a fucking text screen with the people name on it is better than that but there is no real easy fix to an issue like this without people being able to take advantage of it. Reason why I think the rule of must be behind dupe to defend was made because you can't really loophole that. This is something for the "community meeting that is happening" and surely won't be a flop.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 7:22 PM, HooDi said:

+1 If your party owns a base location you should be able to defend it end of discussion really 

i think this should not be a thing and when it was a thing it was cancer because you can have multiple people added to the door and sometimes in different parties and then their party can defend... just use the add party members to door feature and f2 the door, and use calebs method of keeping the player added to door on disconnect so that there isn't any issues with crashes etc. allowing parties to defend bases again is silly and broken as the raider isn't allowed to fight the party member that isn't on the door unless the party member presses his '/yell party assist' bind - basically the raider 9/10 times will die or fail the raid because he is waiting for the party member stood next to him to party assist..
also the raider also cant use '/advert warn 1/2/3' because they are KOS to the guy they're warning the second they warn once, so still the raider loses.

for the other stuff, i think a flagpole or any other 'claimable' entity type thing where it shows who owns what and where could be good, only issue is if people just buy flagpoles and place them down in the streets randomly (not sure how the flagpoles would work in the first place in the sense of obtaining a flagpole to place it) - but then how would the raider know who is a base defender or not, would the flagpole have to be outside the entrance of the base? or would the names pop up?

the rule was mainly put in place to avoid the confusion/abuse of party assists and random party members coming to defend a base that they didn't own (they would own a base elsewhere and still be allowed to defend their party members base in a different location)