Make rock swep able to be picked up!

Coconut Overflow

Hello! I am here on behave of a lot of people asking me to make this post. In the CC editor, "The Rock" is a swep that is a brick reskin! It behaves just like a brick, being able to be thrown once, and doing the same amount of damage. However, unlike the regular brick which you can add, "The Rock" can NOT be picked up by other players! I suggest that this should be changed. If the rock is valued at $0, just like the brick, I see no problem in being able to inventory them just like you can with the regular brick. The fact that it could be duped and made infinite is irrelevant, because it would be worth nothing and there would be no monetary gain to doing so. This would also benefit the rock by being able to throw it multiple times, and not having to kill bind in order to receive the rock back. Any suggestions on how this should be done in the comments is greatly appreciated!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Considering around 10+ people bought this swep and had fun with how it initially worked pre-nerf, I really don't see why it's unable to be reverted to how it was initially

Although, I've said this before and I'll say it again, the rock was massively over-powered to a point where it was one-shotting people without any armor.

As it stands now, people can just throw the rock and it'll disappear without even being able to pick it up, which makes it literally worse than a brick. It's kind of lame and pointless now, and ultimately disappointing considering a ton of people bought it off Coconut.

My suggestion would be having it as an ammo count of sorts, like being able to throw 3-5 then disappearing completely. Either that, or allow us to pick it up again as that was the sole purpose to begin with.

Edited by Gilgamesh
  • Like 3

On release, the rock may have been one of the funniest custom items to come to the server. But now, it is simply a one life gag. I say we return this amazing item to its former, silly glory. 

+1 #UNNERFTHEROCK

• Like 2

You should be able to pick them up tomorrow. Basically what happened is when the swep was re-added a second time, I renamed it to reset perms so the new owner wouldn’t inherit the debt from the old owner. Initially this broke the pickup function bc it was trying to add a weapon which no longer existed (re-named). Initially I didn’t fix it because I was under the impression that it would create an infinite weapon dupe but it was later explained to me that the brick is pretty much worthless + the default brick can be picked up as well so I fixed this for the next reset. Sorry for any confusion, I was just trying to do what I thought was the right thing by not introducing anything that could be abused. 

#brickedup