the SVU question

bugman

While I am well aware that sugar has been working on updating the weapon base and that will take time I believe in the meantime changing the stats of one stand out weapon wouldn't take longer than a couple minutes to fix, especially seeing the jug mini nerf that was put out a few months back which drastically helped PvP.

Anyone that has done PvP on the server in the past year will know that the SVU is king. It is perfectly accurate at any range, scoped or unscoped, has a staggering 270 DPS, and has 15 rounds which is more than enough to take out a whole party of people in one magazine. I've been asking around with some other players about the SVU and have come up with a few ideas that could put the gun in line with the rest, and I believe a few simple changes could easily shift this weapon from being tier 0 to a more average gun.

Firstly, lowering the fire rate to 1.5-2 rounds a second instead of 3. In its current state you can kill someone in a second flat even if they have full armor and 235 hp. With just 50 armor you can kill them in well under a second. Nerfing its fire rate will allow other DPS guns like SMGs to become more useful close range and allow counter-play to the SVU. 

Second, lowering the pull out speed to be closer to 1 second instead of half a second. With its incredibly fast pull out speed combined with its fire rate you can end any firefight in under 2 seconds.

Third, lower the magazine size. 15 rounds is enough to kill 5 people with full armor if you hit every shot(you will because of its perfect accuracy). Lowering the magazine size to 7 allows you to kill 2 people even if you miss a shot.

I've discussed some other changes like lowering damage, lowering accuracy, but I feel like the main driving force behind the weapon is it's hard hitting, accurate shots. It's just that giving it an incredibly high DPS makes those stats stand out far above any competition. 

Also buff shotguns

• Like 3

+1 I truly think the SVU has been too op for way to long and the nerfs listed are more in line with what I think the gun should become. However I think damage should be changed to 80 / 75. This would get rid of 100 damage enchanted SVU's which would 2 shot players but keep it 3 shotting players in base form.

Edited by etho414

• 1 month later...