Kidnapping

Succ The Zucc

I have tried every route in the book Boys to get Sugar to redo kidnapping to at the very least undo some major damage he did from over 2 1/2 years ago. 

I want old kidnap circle back

I want times brought back down

I want the timer to be changed back to where I can hold someone captive for 3 minutes instead of just having them type kill in console 10 seconds of within waking up.

We need our old kidnapping back. I'm hoping that by making a discussion this gets a hard response from more people lol literally have tried everything else so far. 

• thumbdown -1 1

Sugar please hear us.

At the very least individual player cooldowns are a better route than a universal cooldown, I used to be a victim of kidnapping very often in the Wilhelm era and I loved it.

I loved being ragdolled and dragged away.

I loved watching helplessly through a fish eye lens as all the cops failed me.

I loved waking up in my new forever home.

Please sugar.

This post gets the fattest, wettest, stickiest most mold ridden +4 from me and for my long lost kidnapper mains who can no longer speak for themselves. 

Here now, they contact me via hypnotic osmosis, pleading from afar.

I can hardly scry their exact position for all the fog and fungi between us jamming the juju, they all plead in unison please sugar.

Hard hat.

Long cooldowns. 

Janky hit boxes.

KOS.

Give us something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I very respectfully disagree with this suggestion. Kidnapping is the way it is now because of community complaints.

At its peak (read: absolute worst), you almost couldn't walk the streets without a kidnap attempt made on you by a member of one of 4 kidnap bases in a small area. And was just CC kidnappers. Add in Cultists and Aliens, and it became unbearable.

That being said, I'd compromise on removing several kidnapping nerfs as long as the individual cooldown stays intact.

• Like 1
  • thumbdown -1 1

The cool down is too long in my opinion I wanted HALF of what it is now when I talked about it. The kidnap circle was something NO ONE WANTED. And the time to killyourself from when you got kidnapped was essentially removed. You cant trap people anymore for any time let alone kidnapping to make profit.

I kidnap you drop your box and if you don't want to pay it. It's 10 seconds then off yourself. Like the entire rp of kidnapping is essentially gone. 

Another thing I thought of is when a Spawn Of Hell is on the Cultists get a speed boost that matches CPs as a way to give them more playability. 

• Like 1

I think kidnapping is fine the way it is personally. (for non ccs)

A good change would be an on screen reminder or even a prompt you can click to respawn when your timer is up. (for the new guys that don't know they can kill in console) Also, hardhat. Fuck hardhat, even though its saved me more times than i can count. Also remove the stupid CC bludgeons that remove the swinging animations. 

42 minutes ago, Succ The Zucc said:

I kidnap you drop your box and if you don't want to pay it. It's 10 seconds then off yourself. Like the entire rp of kidnapping is essentially gone. 

this is because you are using a CC to kidnap. I wouldn't even bother trying unless you're on a non CC class. 

3 hours ago, Wilhelm Panderino said:

I think kidnapping is fine the way it is personally. (for non ccs)

Does this include the new garbage Satan Circle? Because spawning with it is trash as once its destroyed you'd have to respawn and you can't place it where you want. No phyguning it nothing. It's legit garbo imo. 

8 hours ago, Emperor Taint Rat Legend X said:

Sugar please hear us.

At the very least individual player cooldowns are a better route than a universal cooldown, I used to be a victim of kidnapping very often in the Wilhelm era and I loved it.

I loved being ragdolled and dragged away.

I loved watching helplessly through a fish eye lens as all the cops failed me.

I loved waking up in my new forever home.

Please sugar.

This post gets the fattest, wettest, stickiest most mold ridden +4 from me and for my long lost kidnapper mains who can no longer speak for themselves. 

Here now, they contact me via hypnotic osmosis, pleading from afar.

I can hardly scry their exact position for all the fog and fungi between us jamming the juju, they all plead in unison please sugar.

Hard hat.

Long cooldowns. 

Janky hit boxes.

KOS.

Give us something. 

All of those things happened because of kidnapping. Before I think the cooldown was 2 minutes or even 1 minute but as time went on, more and more people complained which is why perks, talents and tools were added to deal with it

I am more than happy to experiment with things though. A lot of players feel like kidnapping is a very anti gameplay mechanic. You basically get hit and you're forced to either pay x amount or wait. It makes it even more troublesome that ALL non cop cc's can kidnap.

Maybe what I will do is lower the kidnap time for cultists but keep it the same for CC's

7 minutes ago, Sugar Tits said:

All of those things happened because of kidnapping. Before I think the cooldown was 2 minutes or even 1 minute but as time went on, more and more people complained which is why perks, talents and tools were added to deal with it

I am more than happy to experiment with things though. A lot of players feel like kidnapping is a very anti gameplay mechanic. You basically get hit and you're forced to either pay x amount or wait. It makes it even more troublesome that ALL non cop cc's can kidnap.

Maybe what I will do is lower the kidnap time for cultists but keep it the same for CC's

Can we PLEASE at a minimum get the old circle back too. I'm dying over here. It's like the MAIN thing I've been wanting back. It was bugged when it got brought in (the new one) and I hate that you can't buy it in the f4 menu.