Suga Shop

Merhaculous

1 hour ago, Rubik said:

I feel like this would totally destroy the value in getting prestige if you could just buy it. 

Getting level 25 i think is only like 30% of the total xp you need to get max level.

edit its 25.2% of the xp you need for a prestige.

to put this into perspective that means if you buy the boost you still need to max out on 16 different xp categories if you have the reputation upgrade (23 without) . Realistically if you are spending 15 mil on this you are not saving much time spent on farming xp compared to the cost of getting the levels.

Edited by 1-800-Suicide
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 1-800-Suicide said:

Getting level 25 i think is only like 30% of the total xp you need to get max level.

to put this into perspective that means if you buy the boost you still need to max out on 16 different xp categories if you have the reputation upgrade (23 without) . Realistically if you are spending 15 mil on this you are not saving much time spent on farming xp compared to the cost of getting the levels.

Nice assist

18 hours ago, 1-800-Suicide said:

but this gives you a 25% advantage over people who cant afford to spend 15m. this literally just makes it easier for the rich to level up and acquire total server domination than it does for the average player to actually grind.

the grinding should be the same, even if it is a "small" advantage, an advantage is an advantage. being able to buy double xp and unlimited pooled for a category over and over again without it even affecting you is already way more than enough imo

• thumbdown -1 1

2 hours ago, Tuss said:

but this gives you a 25% advantage over people who cant afford to spend 15m. this literally just makes it easier for the rich to level up and acquire total server domination than it does for the average player to actually grind.

the grinding should be the same, even if it is a "small" advantage, an advantage is an advantage. being able to buy double xp and unlimited pooled for a category over and over again without it even affecting you is already way more than enough imo

What about how some of the ways players use to get xp, actually cost them money to do, not giving any profit? In those xp categories, the rich also have an advantage. Prestige isn't something that everybody has an equal playing field on, players with more resources will be able to do it a lot faster and easier than somebody who joined a few weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Tuss said:

You know the rich didnt just load into the server one day with $50,000,000 right? There realistically isnt much for them to spend money on, and if they want to buy a 25% boost with the money they grinded for then they will.

• Like 2

At the end of the day you cannot realistically make money off prestiging,  making it more of a money sink for the prestige and I think people should be allowed to spend all their money on  getting high prestige if that is what they want to do. There is no reason to make the feature not able to be used multiple times other than people saying "Well I wont use it so its unfair" for something that isn't even an advantage

1 hour ago, 1-800-Suicide said:

At the end of the day you cannot realistically make money off prestiging,  making it more of a money sink for the prestige and I think people should be allowed to spend all their money on  getting high prestige if that is what they want to do. There is no reason to make the feature not able to be used multiple times other than people saying "Well I wont use it so its unfair" for something that isn't even an advantage

The issue is that it will make prestige no where near as impressive. Currently if you have a high prestige that means you worked towards many xp categories and spent a lot of time on it. If you were able to buy prestige, a high prestige would just means you spent in a base for a while grinding drugs or processors. Also its only a money sink if you want to do it FAST, there are a lot of xp categories that don't cost money, and some that even give you money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raccoons said:

after thinking about it for a bit, i think it should only be something that you can buy when you’re below level 25, that way people still have to grind xp for the rest of the prestige and it doesn’t make prestige meaningless

is that not how it currently works?