Quick Farm Talisman: Chemical

Lunartique

The interaction of quick farm talisman with chemical harvesting is not useful in my opinion.

There are three ways you can harvest chemical barrels:
1. World chemical nodes; harvesting from naturally spawning chemical pipes.
2. King; using king's spawner to spawn chemical pipes.
3. Chemical tokens; using chemical tokens to spawn chemical pipes.

For king's spawner and chemical tokens, using a quick farm talisman is not even that useful in general. Since you should be doing this in a secure base, you can just leave harvested chemical barrels on the ground until you are done harvesting chemicals, to which you can just pick them all up in one sweep.

So let's focus on world chemical nodes instead, since quick farm only inventories chemical barrels that finish harvesting near you, this means you have to be next to the chemical pipe when it finishes harvesting. But when you are harvesting world chemical nodes, it's more efficient to harvest from multiple pipes at once, which means you will be flying from pipe to pipe, where it is unlikely that you are next to the chemical pipe when it finishes harvesting.

I suggest that it be changed from instead of having to be near the chemical pipe when it finished harvesting, it should auto-inventory all chemical barrels you placed yourself on chemical pipes. This doesn't make a difference for the last two, but for world chemical nodes it allows the talisman to have an effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • thumbdown -1 1

5 hours ago, voltz07 said:

I suggest that it be changed from instead of having to be near the chemical pipe when it finished harvesting, it should auto-inventory all chemical barrels you placed yourself on chemical pipes. This doesn't make a difference for the last two, but for world chemical nodes it allows the talisman to have an effect.

i would actually use chem hoses rather then steal other people's barrels Plus talisman (As far as i know) Are random so it could be balanced out by that 

what you can do instead is place all nodes with kings spawner in a triangle and stand in the middle and use ( Bind m " say /buydatbarrel ) which is very helpful BUT what i do not like is that you get no exp for the chems 

2 hours ago, Byonic said:

what you can do instead is place all nodes with kings spawner in a triangle and stand in the middle and use ( Bind m " say /buydatbarrel ) which is very helpful BUT what i do not like is that you get no exp for the chems 

Do harvesting the spawned boulders/trees give exp? if not then I'd just assume its a balance thing for Kingdom since its arguably one of the stronger places/methods to base.  Other than that, I'd say it's a reliable but slower way to farm for chems.

9 hours ago, voltz07 said:

Im in favor of this change, it could auto collect the barrels you've bought/spawned in so if other people still manage to hook a barrel up to a hose while you're away, you wouldn't be able to collect theirs. Surprised it wasn't like this already. 

8 hours ago, mizurush said:

Do harvesting the spawned boulders/trees give exp? if not then I'd just assume its a balance thing for Kingdom since its arguably one of the stronger places/methods to base.  Other than that, I'd say it's a reliable but slower way to farm for chems.

Im in favor of this change, it could auto collect the barrels you've bought/spawned in so if other people still manage to hook a barrel up to a hose while you're away, you wouldn't be able to collect theirs. Surprised it wasn't like this already. 

no the exp for chems is not given when you have the tailsmen equiped and you have to be close this might be a glitch but if you are next to the node anywhere you dont get exp but if you are far away you do

23 hours ago, voltz07 said:

But when you are harvesting world chemical nodes, it's more efficient to harvest from multiple pipes at once, which means you will be flying from pipe to pipe, where it is unlikely that you are next to the chemical pipe when it finishes harvesting.

That is the whole point of the proximity thing. You should not be able to pop a quick farm talisman and farm every single node on the server and leaving none for anyone else. Sorry to say this won’t be changed for now unless there is another way to prevent people from flying around and farming every single node. 

Farming should involve some grinding. I think it’s easy enough with the addition of the quick farm thing plus being allowed to farm multiple nodes at a time. If you’re going to jump around for greater reward, there should be a greater risk of someone stealing your stuff. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rubik said:

That is the whole point of the proximity thing. You should not be able to pop a quick farm talisman and farm every single node on the server and leaving none for anyone else. Sorry to say this won’t be changed for now unless there is another way to prevent people from flying around and farming every single node. 

Farming should involve some grinding. I think it’s easy enough with the addition of the quick farm thing plus being allowed to farm multiple nodes at a time. If you’re going to jump around for greater reward, there should be a greater risk of someone stealing your stuff. 

so i understand why you would have the distance added but why have it not give you any exp for it thats what i dont understand

• thumbdown -1 1