Noclipping Into Any Ceiling

Category:

Exploit

Priority:

High

Description:

Doing this exploit, anyone could effordlessly get on top of practically any kind of ceiling, this could be used for nefarious purposes including:

- Avoiding an RP situation without killing yourself
- Accessing restricted areas like RDM Zone and Sitland
- Depending on the building, accessing someone's base, bypassing their defenses

How to reproduce:

1. Grab any prop/entity that you can freeze and sit on
2. Place it below the ceiling you want to noclip into
3. Adjust the height so you can crouch over it, but you aren't able to stand on it
4. Sit on top of it
5. Get out of the prop by exiting the "sitted" state
6. Now you're on top of the ceiling

Just now, Tass said:

Yeah... thats called sit exploiting which is a bannable offense....

Yeah, i assumed it was a bannable offense when it happened to me by accident

Just now, ¡TzFurry! said:

Yeah, i assumed it was a bannable offense when it happened to me by accident

This really isn't something to be worried about cause the amount of people who do this is so little and if you do have it recorded the person just gets banned like... patching it is just a waste of time

yeah like really at the end of the day the only way to partially solve a small exploit like this is to remove sitting which harms people who actually wants to roleplay along with there being other ways to exploit in aside from sitting.

Just now, Fuel said:

yeah like really at the end of the day the only way to partially solve a small exploit like this is to remove sitting which harms people who actually wants to roleplay along with there being other ways to exploit in aside from sitting.

Maybe making so you get tp'd back when you try to access the top of an unreachable ceiling?

I've actually found it not really often done for small ceilings like this but I have seen it done a lot where newer players sit on the like air conditioners of a base and go through the top floor with some tricks.

1 hour ago, Tyz37 said:

There is not really a way to fix it to my knowledge and like 90% of people know about it unless they are new to gmod rp servers

there is SORT of a way to fix it, making it so when you get off it you return to the same area you were when you sat down, and it would fix the whole pd sit thing in pd. 

• Slick locked this topic