AFK Call

Fuel

I believe that the AFK Call is completely useless and here is why. As of now, the way it works is after 90+ users on the server an autokicking script is enabled in which players who are inactive with no movement for more than 2 hours are kicked from the server. As you can tell, there's a few glaring issues with this script. Number 1: as you can tell considering that it's 2 hours you're almost never gonna get rid of people whom are just afking and rubber banding/in and out. Number 2: the server should always automatically kick players who are afk in spawn and not doing anything considering that they're wasting player slots that could give off the wrong impression of who's actually playing. My suggestion is that the afk call is reduced to a kick after 30 minutes of inactivity like would be on a game like GTA V, and people afk in spawn get kicked in 10 minutes. Many people forget they are playing a game and do other shit so this could be pretty good for the server + them so their pc isn't hot enough to fry a slice of ham when they get home. please consider this @Sugar Tits

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but i know for a fact that it starts way higher than 90 and is way less than 2 hours. Maybe decreasing the player count at which the script starts would be good. It would be hard for you to reproduce the time it takes unless you're on an alt, I'm almost positive that the afk call either doesnt work on staff or takes a lot longer of a time on staff.

40 minutes ago, HIDDEN said:

if the server isn't full, afk players are barely an issue other than having annoying bounty targets in spawn, other than that it makes the server look more full which might attract more players who search through most active, if the server gets close to being full however then yeah it should kick

and them being counted in votes such as unfuns, i've had times were i'd unfun a mayor and it would say

Needed 30 yes votes, had 21 votes.

Then I would walk into spawn and see more than 9 people sitting there AFK

On 1/19/2021 at 12:12 PM, koda said:

and them being counted in votes such as unfuns, i've had times were i'd unfun a mayor and it would say

Needed 30 yes votes, had 21 votes.

Then I would walk into spawn and see more than 9 people sitting there AFK

to be fair though, not everyone is getting into rp scenarios with the current mayor / his police force, giving them no reason to unfun, or they just like the current mayor. Some people don't even know how to vote on the unfun.