Serial Killer rebalance ideas

snake eyes

Serial killer ATM is a very "safe" job, and I think it encourages too much camping and is too easily abusable. Some changes id make to rebalance him IMO:

1. When caught, serial killer shouldn't be able to jump.

This might come off as confusing but if you are fairly competent at bunny-hopping you can basically ignore the fright effect from being caught kidnapping someone and just bhop away at fast speeds, avoiding all danger in the process. Removing the ability to jump would solve the issue, or if getting stuck is too much of a concern, make jumping disabled for a certain time period.

2. Serial killers when cuffed should immediately lose their job and be demoted. They also shouldn't be able to play the job for awhile (I'm thinkin maybe an hour or two but lower times might be preferred).

Right now if you have the job you cannot lose it at all, which makes 0 sense considering you are AOS, and you're core goal is to kill people. Every other job that focuses on directly killing people has a cooldown and Serial killer shouldn't be any different. Along with preventing people from hoarding the job it would also make the CP's job more desirable as actually cuffing him would open the slot up and remove the killer from the role, instead of him just respawning and getting auto wanted immediately until he quits.

3. Rewards and bonuses for both sides.

As a reward for capturing the serial killer, I think CP should gain money as a reward for arresting him. I'd personally like it if there was an increase in rewards for how many times he has murdered, maxing out at 100,000 for cuffing a Serial Killer with 10 kills (the same max value the Serial Killer uses for rewards) with an extra bonus for the player who directly cuffed him and anyone who stun gunned him aswell. This would give a major incentive for the CP to actively look for the Serial Killer and to arrest him as the money for capture is much more than you ever would make as CP normally.

As a result though I also believe that Serial killers should gain a bonus money/item reward for successfully capturing CP, perhaps $10,000 for regular CP and $50,000 for the Mayor. That would make attempts to capture CP more interesting as both sides would see rewards if they succeeded.

4. Timers and Cooldowns for Serial Killer.

If you are not actively killing people as Serial Killer, I think you should be demoted from your job. I don't think the time for "failing to kill people in time" should last as long as getting caught, but I think it should be long enough to deter from boring campy playstyles and encourage riskier attacks.

However though as a counterbalance I do think the time between kidnapping someone should be decreased from its normal 2 hours to a much quicker 20 minutes, as it would seem to reason that a murderer shouldn't be stuck with 0 targets because he killed everyone and now needs to wait an hour and a half just to get another round of killing people. You might think that this would result in people camping in the corners of the map and farming off this but rest assured nobody wants to wait 20 minutes just for one kill even at max droprate, and if it did become a problem then make the kill timer increase each time you kill a person up to a really high value if necessary.

Overall though I really do like the job and I do hope it stays but I would just wish some changes would be made to him to make him more fun to play, to counter, and just so that I can play him because bimby keeps sitting on it for 83 hours and I just want to play him for some XP. please man.

47 minutes ago, snake eyes said:

If you are not actively killing people as Serial Killer, I think you should be demoted from your job. I don't think the time for "failing to kill people in time" should last as long as getting caught, but I think it should be long enough to deter from boring campy playstyles and encourage riskier attacks.

However though as a counterbalance I do think the time between kidnapping someone should be decreased from its normal 2 hours to a much quicker 20 minutes, as it would seem to reason that a murderer shouldn't be stuck with 0 targets because he killed everyone and now needs to wait an hour and a half just to get another round of killing people. You might think that this would result in people camping in the corners of the map and farming off this but rest assured nobody wants to wait 20 minutes just for one kill even at max droprate, and if it did become a problem then make the kill timer increase each time you kill a person up to a really high value if necessary.

This is stupid because just kidnapping in broad daylight is a surefire way to die

47 minutes ago, snake eyes said:

2. Serial killers when cuffed should immediately lose their job and be demoted. They also shouldn't be able to play the job for awhile (I'm thinkin maybe an hour or two but lower times might be preferred).

Right now if you have the job you cannot lose it at all, which makes 0 sense considering you are AOS, and you're core goal is to kill people. Every other job that focuses on directly killing people has a cooldown and Serial killer shouldn't be any different. Along with preventing people from hoarding the job it would also make the CP's job more desirable as actually cuffing him would open the slot up and remove the killer from the role, instead of him just respawning and getting auto wanted immediately until he quits.

KEK nice meme

48 minutes ago, snake eyes said:

This might come off as confusing but if you are fairly competent at bunny-hopping you can basically ignore the fright effect from being caught kidnapping someone and just bhop away at fast speeds, avoiding all danger in the process. Removing the ability to jump would solve the issue, or if getting stuck is too much of a concern, make jumping disabled for a certain time period.

As if he needs to be slower

48 minutes ago, snake eyes said:

As a reward for capturing the serial killer, I think CP should gain money as a reward for arresting him. I'd personally like it if there was an increase in rewards for how many times he has murdered, maxing out at 100,000 for cuffing a Serial Killer with 10 kills (the same max value the Serial Killer uses for rewards) with an extra bonus for the player who directly cuffed him and anyone who stun gunned him aswell. This would give a major incentive for the CP to actively look for the Serial Killer and to arrest him as the money for capture is much more than you ever would make as CP normally.

This one i can kinda get behind 

I haven't played sk, but after looking at feedback, I think I have an idea of what I think should happen. It should stay the same. If they are seen, then they will suffer massive speed loss and they go to jail immediately after they are cuffed. If sugar thinks it is unbalanced, he will tweak it. 

The only thing I want is a way to fucking make the 90 second shit faster. Like man I have that nigga trapped in my base already why do I have to wait the other 40 seconds for him to wake up. I think if the SK shoots the kidnapped man he should wake up to make killing faster for SK.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mori said:

The only thing I want is a way to fucking make the 90 second shit faster. Like man I have that nigga trapped in my base already why do I have to wait the other 40 seconds for him to wake up. I think if the SK shoots the kidnapped man he should wake up to make killing faster for SK.

That sounds like a good idea, but I also think it provides a challenge for SK, should somebody try to raid you. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HIDDEN said:

the only thing I can think to balance sk that it needs is to prevent it from using jetpacks and food to negate the slowdown that looking at it causes

I see it as an option, you can't Jetpack and carry a body at the same time so when you get turned into a turtle you either.
A: Tank the slow and get back to your base with your new delicious corpse to cook up for dinner.
B: Equip a jetpack and GTFO because fuck that mess there is a fucking abomination and three angry citizen models trying to spray me down.

17 hours ago, snake eyes said:

I feel that the ability to jump isnt something that should be taken away just by being looked at, being slowed should be an enough of a detriment as it is, not being able to equip items like jetpacks or anything that allows for freed mobility is a different story.

No, If they are cuffed they are immediately sent to jail and being auto demoted would just annoy players to not have them want to play the job because some idiot cop is going to just random cuff you because of bounty and arrest you automatically. 

This is the main thing I agree with, the cops who arrest the the SK should get rewards based on how many kills the SK got, or atleast an increased time in jail for the SK

Having a Required time to kill someone is unrealistic because it pushes a narrative of "Well I have to do this now reguardless of if I get caught or not." and if they dont then they lose the job, which isnt fun because the idea of the job is mainly to pick people off and secure kills from people in odd parts of the map where no one sees them.

53 minutes ago, ajax5206 said:

I think dying as the serial killer should demote you similar to spawn of h e l l. Also if you are arrested, it doesn't make sense that when you are released you are able to continue being a serial killer. 

I agree with this. It also allows the sk role to be picked more frequently.