Server Rule Changes

Spartan

16 hours ago, Dan Mcstubbins said:

I can agree with this as well. This has happened to me a few times where I tried to raid, and I end up getting killed and having my raid stolen. Job descriptions for legacy jobs would be an amazing addition as well. 

I'm not liking the idea of getting punished because I raided a base or the PD and someone else was still in there and I didn't know about it. Or being completely locked out of raiding a base because three friends keep trading off "raiding" it and camping inside it. It would also mean killing anybody in a base that isn't on the front door would be considered RDM/fail-raid which will open us up to heavy amounts of shenanigans, unless we also change the definition of raiding. Lots of issues we'd have to work out with this one before I would consider supporting it. -1

As for the building in the road rule, we mostly stop people from entirely blocking off roads/tunnels and enforce it loosely to allow for more RP, hangout areas, and interesting builds. I think the rule and way we enforce it is fine as is, if not perhaps sometimes enforced too loosely.

For IRL trading the MOTD doesn't prohibit it, you just can't advertise it on any of our platforms. I thought we were supposed to ban it outright but the MOTD does appear to only say to not talk about, advertise, or display it. I'll see if it's supposed to be banned and we'll adjust things accordingly if so. inb4 someone tries to be clever by linking to a different website advertising it or trying to say they'll trade for 5 bollars on kaypal.

The broken stupid rule link doesn't exist on the MOTD displayed ingame (https://forums.titsrp.com/server-rules/). The MOTD on the forums does not match the ingame MOTD ever since we added the fancy new page since some small things were changed at that time and later. I think the link on the forums should be connected or changed somehow to reflect the server-rules link.

Everything else +1. I can remove the king text since it's not valid anymore. Kidnap timer I think can be removed because it's enforced via code but the way kidnapping works should be explained in the kidnapping rules section (server enforces cooldown and other things, if you can kill in console you're allowed to, if someone can physically kidnap you then it's allowed, etc). I'll see if we can get these changes together and put it forward for administrative approval.

What legacy job rules would you guys like to see added?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Walter the Assaulter said:

I'm not liking the idea of getting punished because I raided a base or the PD and someone else was still in there and I didn't know about it. Or being completely locked out of raiding a base because three friends keep trading off "raiding" it and camping inside it. It would also mean killing anybody in a base that isn't on the front door would be considered RDM/fail-raid which will open us up to heavy amounts of shenanigans, unless we also change the definition of raiding. Lots of issues we'd have to work out with this one before I would consider supporting it. -1

That is very understandable, and it would be a hell of a lot more work, I imagine. I don't really mind raid stealing that much anyway. It's just always annoying to be blindsided. 

30 minutes ago, Walter the Assaulter said:

What legacy job rules would you guys like to see added?

I think just a basic description of how all the legacy jobs work and what they do would be fine.

Edited by Spartan

On 9/28/2020 at 9:46 PM, Spartan said:

You cannot build on the sidewalk if you are not a hobo, except as CP (can build on the road/sidewalk for roadblocks or crosswalks)

This is never enforced, all jobs build stuff on the sidewalk, it being a chill spot, boombox box, tiny house, etc.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of removing the rule because it isn't enforced, you could start enforcing it.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:46 PM, Spartan said:

DO trade at your own discretion and do your research. Being scammed 1 Mil or more DakrRP cash or any amount of IRL money or Suga Dollars is subject to review and punishment. Ask for a staff witness if you are unsure of a transaction

The underlined part needs to be removed because toy can no longer trade for irl money.

HUGE +1 I'd start playing tits again if I could convert my ingame balance to irl weed bags again like the good ol days.