should this be allowed?

Wilhelm Panderino

kingdom area   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be allowed?

• yes
    • no

1 minute ago, Succ The Zucc said:

Literally would need to spend more money than it likely is worth trying, Jewann needed a jetpack, armor packs, a leggy, his sword and a trisha launcher. And that's him KNOWING what to go for in that base. As a regular player that doesn't play the game like it's their fucking job it's dumb to allow a box around the portal at all like this. Why? Well, as Jewann said it's pretty hard; I mean really if you have dudes who are trying to raid right but are completely surrounded on all sides you don't have a way of attack. Let alone with what you said @Walter the Assaulter and using a C4. You can't use a C4 because the box is wide open and you'd be killed before you can even place it down.

I even thought I heard Kilo say before that "kill boxes aren't allowed" this is basically a kill box. Furthering on from this you have to take into account you have to advert raid now. So you literally don't get the chance to get in before someone knows you're coming.

I recommend allowing a solid wall where it is drawn from the entrance of the Kings Land structure to the outer walls. That way they could at least get some sort of cover to even attempt a proper raid.

I don't see why it should be easier. Most kings don't even use dupes, and when they do, the best way to do it is to put a dupe around portal. Kingdom shouldn't be easy to defend, its literally their domain. It should take quite a bit of work to dethrone a king.

Just now, Succ The Zucc said:

Same could be said for mayor but I still have the ability to use C4 in the PD

You can still use C4 in kingdom as well. You can still raid kingdom and such. I was king early morning yesterday my time, and people still broke though using a dupe like this.

7 minutes ago, Succ The Zucc said:

Literally would need to spend more money than it likely is worth trying, Jewann needed a jetpack, armor packs, a leggy, his sword and a trisha launcher. And that's him KNOWING what to go for in that base. As a regular player that doesn't play the game like it's their fucking job it's dumb to allow a box around the portal at all like this. Why? Well, as Jewann said it's pretty hard; I mean really if you have dudes who are trying to raid right but are completely surrounded on all sides you don't have a way of attack. Let alone with what you said @Walter the Assaulter and using a C4. You can't use a C4 because the box is wide open and you'd be killed before you can even place it down.

I even thought I heard Kilo say before that "kill boxes aren't allowed" this is basically a kill box. Furthering on from this you have to take into account you have to advert raid now. So you literally don't get the chance to get in before someone knows you're coming.

I recommend allowing a solid wall where it is drawn from the entrance of the Kings Land structure to the outer walls. That way they could at least get some sort of cover to even attempt a proper raid.

It's not a kill box, you can leave the base freely. A kill box is where you are trapped between two fading doors and usually involves one-way props or materials. Kill boxes have never been against the rules.

I'm sorry this kind of base doesn't conform to your regular raiding meta. Though I may have an angry mob after me for saying this, I suggest...trying something new. 

If you go with the "doesn't play the game like it's their fucking job" argument, can we apply that to other bases as well which are nearly impossible for new players to successfully raid? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to overhaul the fuck out of basing, but it doesn't seem right to me to use/support these techniques and then complain when it's used by someone else. 

Using a C4?? How? Every time I try the second I enter I'm blasted before I can even set it down. And if I can I'm not even able to continue the raid after it explodes because I'm killed by the defenders. So unless I use myself as a suicide bomb carrier there is no way I could even try to raid using a C4

I don't usually use C4 to raid anymore I just lockpick raid and use vanilla guns. I can't tell you the number of times I solo raided ONLY using a lockpick and won. I don't even get the chance to be sneaky when raiding kingdom so I can only raid if I had *cough cough* a billion dollarydoos.

35 minutes ago, ajax5206 said:

If they just spam infantry mines in front of the kingdom portal, it is impossible for 1 raider to raid Kingdom.

It should have a somewhat medium sized zone where you cannot place props similar to behind the waterfall in sewers. The current setup is not sufficient

By that logic We need to ban Infantry mines because people use them for their purpose, base defense.

I am frequently basing in kingdom with a large group of friends, responsible for bases and tactics like this. Every single night we got a team that logs on, coordinates, and takes us down. Just because you cannot do that, does not mean nobody should be allowed to use set ups like this. Plan something, come up with a tactic. Our raiders literally dropped a c4 and used a hacker to detonate instantly in the portal and fucked us (genius). We have also been accepting feedback from the raiders, how to improve, what their tactics were; they even record their raids in which we watch. Theres really nothing toxic about this in my opinion, I dont see how it differs from other bases. Concept: Enter base grounds and blow through dupe. You can set up a dupe at any door at any base, just because we set one up at kingdom entrance doesn't mean anything. As cobaselic stated, there's already a restricted zone right next to the portal. Hope this clears things up for some folks.

Just now, ajax5206 said:

there's 0 counterplay for solo-raiding if you step on landmines the moment you walk through portal.

That doesn't apply for any other base since you can see it's there, walk back, and plan accordingly

The Nature of kings land and how you get there is bound to have some issue that you run into because you cant solo raid a base and 1v12 with your speed food and legendary guns

In my opinion its just crying for the sake of crying at this point.