Cc sweps just being reskins

Rugrat

Cc sweps just being reskins  

34 members have voted

1. 1. The fact that cc sweps are just reskins of other guns instead of custom is lame. Agree or not

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, dink said:

In my opinion, the problem lies within the system of CC's itself.

I think the problem with making custom guns/sweps better than just reskins would be the fact that CC's will always spawn with the custom gun/swep and never lose it after they buy it.  Always spawning with a custom swep that's really strong would make CC's extremely overpowered compared to the normal jobs. The power difference between rich players and noobs/average players would be far too big. That's the reason for everything being reskins.

10m per weapon SLOT, and the amount it cost for the weapon is more then any user will ever spend unless they constantly type kill in console.

On 8/21/2020 at 9:08 PM, Rugrat said:

When I first started in 2017, custom sweps with customized stats were a thing and the server felt so fun it almost could’ve been illegal to have that much fun. Since the change to cc sweps just being reskins of default guns, do you guys truly think that pvp has improved over the years?

As far as I was told, CC sweps had started only being reskins not so long before I started in 2016. PvP is more balanced than it was.

I do not and most probably will not support any changes that would allow a player to pay money for an objective advantage.

Make more different weapons viable so CCs aren't stuck with pump shotgun reskins and VAL. Buff weak weapons. Add things only CCs can have that might be stronger/different too to give them more purpose, but available to everyone to add to their CC with ingame money.  They can even cost more. Just don't make an option available only to people who pay for custom content or who buy from players who buy custom content.

Edited by Walter the Assaulter
  • thumbdown -1 1

33 minutes ago, Walter the Assaulter said:

Just don't make an option available only to people who pay for custom content or who buy from players who buy custom content.

Yeah I’m against allowing sweps that can only be bought for irl money or if the player chooses to sell it or not. That’s def an unfair advantage. I just think pvp needs to be spiced up and there’s ways to do it without fucking with the pay 2 win aspect

1 hour ago, 1-800-Suicide said:

I mean yeah its lame that you can only skin weapons but having guns that are custom is hard to do in a way that doesnt introduce overpowered weapons

It is hard. But I think it’ll be really rewarding and fun if we figure out a way to make it possible again. 
like allowing players the option to not even sell their swep shouldn’t be a thing if we decide to bring back custom sweps and stats.

18 hours ago, Walter the Assaulter said:

. Add things only CCs can have that might be stronger/different too to give them more purpose, but available to everyone to add to their CC with ingame money.  They can even cost more. Just don't make an option available only to people who pay for custom content or who buy from players who buy custom content.

Excuse me what

• Failfish 1

Honestly there's nothing to do on the server anymore, once you have based and gotten your cc, you have most likely gotten in a gang with max level, already got most of your own personal levels, and bought a lot from the big spenders shop. I think there should be better guns and maybe you have to use copious amounts of DarkRP money to buy it, otherwise what is there to work for? There should be some kind of perk to playing a lot or else your just a normal person, and your work means time and effort means nothing. Even if its changing it so people can buy custom content that's not just a reskin, or being able to buy a gun that isn't a normal obtainable gun that costs like 100mil from the server that does more damage and stays on your CC, something needs to be added so we have something to play for again, because for now its just reskins and models and most people have way too many of those already.

• Like 1

Sure, pay me $200 and I will make you a custom gun.

Custom weapons are reskins for the glaring issue of P2W. Back when the server first started in 2014, people were allowed to import custom guns with no restrictions. It would be a full gun off the workshop. We do not do this anymore because 

1. Weapons can be incredibly demanding in their code, bogging down server performance
  2. 99% of weapons are from TFA, CW2, M9K and all of those weapon bases. We do not run on those weapon bases which means their functions flat out won't even work
  3. If we added those weapon bases it would break a crazy amount of content and really bog down both your FPS and server performance
  4. It's not entirely fair to pay x amount of money for a custom weapon, have it be overpowered or act significantly different just to dominate people.

Reskins are the least error prone method of getting custom content into the server. For $30 no one is going to restructure an entire weapon from a different weapon base to function well and be optimized for the server on our weapon base. It's just not worth it due to the amount of weapons people import. Rubik's and my job all day would be porting weapons over with crazy expectations.

Hold out for a while bit longer. There is a lot in the works right now and I have a ton of ideas. Hopefully by the end of next week our 2 new developers will be in a full swing. Expect there to be a wave of content soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • reckduck 1

1 hour ago, Sugar Tits said:

1. If we added those weapon bases it would break a crazy amount of content and really bog down both your FPS and server performance

what changed from 2014 to now that made adding those weapon bases a hassle for the server's performance...... just wondering

36 minutes ago, HIDDEN said:

nothing? It's just back then performance wasn't as big of an importance as it is today.

Performance was fine back then even with those custom workshop guns. That’s why I asked why is it a hassle now.