Remove Bludgeon for CC'S

A Friendly Canadian

The only real issue i see here is where models with small or broken hitboxes can do this which feeds into a larger issue where models that have inherent advantages because they are small can do alot of things but cannot raid, they can steal, base, complete hits and of course kidnap, all of which have a massive advantage for having a broken model. I would say that these models should have an overhauled "cannot raid" system but i do not know how hard that is to do with all of the things that would have to be disabled. Maybe making a rule against it could be a solution but it comes with problems of evidence and knowing what models do or do not have broken hitboxes. 

If you are getting kidnapped by someone under normal circumstances I think it is fair. If you are in a populated area the kidnapper will most likely be killed immideatly when kidnapping and if in a secluded area the kidnapper has a large chance of successfully kidnapping you. Also the more you do get kidnapped the more you learn to play around it, even if you as a new player gets kidnapped once you will probably learn that is a mechanic and to watch your back.

There are some things I am not going into detail about like having a party of people where 1 person kidnaps and the rest kill anyone who tries to kill that person because I think that is a seperate issue of how countering is handled, and that is a different topic but definetly a problem.

Overall I dont think the mechanic of kidnapping itself is a problem but it is the means of how some people get there that are the problem and those are the things that should be looked at.

• Sad 1

I like herbs idea, remove the default kidnap swep from the cc editor. Keep the reskins. You get kidnap that happens in real life, instead of people getting salty and toxic about getting kidnapped just simply watch a video and wait until the timer is up.

This is easily one of the dumber ideas I've seen and here's why.

You did it boys, CCs can no longer have kidnapping sweps on them. Does this mean rubik has to now go in and hard code the sweps out of already existing CCs? Are the current CCs grandfathered in? If they're being forced off, what's stopping people from stocking up on tranq m9s and using those as a horde?? What's stopping one group piling on cultists and hobos, getting into a party with their gang + friends with THOSE GUYS on CCs, and creating essentially roving death squads anymore than the ones that exist?? Rather than just have a bunch of people simultaneously kidnapping, you're creating a core of kidnappers, and then 3-5 guards that would do nothing but kill anybody and everybody that fucking breathes too close to their kidnappers?? Honestly its easier to manage gunning down several people kidnapping at ones who may be too busy sprinting away to shoot back, than have one to two guys kidnap a few people, and have an essential shield wall around them while they do so. 

The only worse idea I could think of would be flat out removing kidnapping as a whole. Kidnapping is one of the few ways player/gang retaliations can occur on the server short of just straight out RDM and gun battles littering the streets. Sure, you guys would be metaphorically putting the tupperware container around the wasp nest next to your front door, but now what? Players will have mad tism fits about something this dumb. You either will have to just flat out remove kidnapping all together, or leave it be. Sure as some of you said you could have reskins on CCs, which would be an interesting way to incentivise people basing again for DarkRP cash. Or it could fail tremendously and everybody bitches regardless.

-1 on the sheer stupidity of the idea

If this would be changed then why not also remove 20k bounties? New players won't accept it but will have a 10 minute timer. How about make the max kidnapped box of goods price 20k, such as the kinda max for bounties?

Bounties are acquired as a result of a player's own actions. They're deserved, in a way.

Kidnappings happen at random, often with no rhyme or reason.

Bounties are handled by cops, and cop CCs-- both of whom operate under a whole 'nother set of rules.

Kidnapping can be done by any CC. Got a cc? buy a bludgeon. swing it around. oh what you missed, just bestial potion and hop to the other side of the map or into a base for safety, or even if you die w/e just try again with someone else as soon as you respawn consequences dont exist here bb

So it's not exactly apples to apples between kidnapping and bounties.

Which, now that I think about it, why do non-CP CCs with bludgeons get to fall under both kidnapper -and- thief rules?

They should have to choose between raiding/stealing or kidnapping.

• Like 1

Take away sweps from cops Cc's cause i get tired of going on a roof to escape police then having a flying cop monster come and cuff me. Thats how you guys sound. Y'all keep ignoring the fact that people have spent r e a I m o n e y on this stuff. It's annoying to get kidnapped, very true. But, that's a part of server and it has been that way forever. All I see is a giant issue because people have literally spent irl money, if that gets taken people are gonna be pretty pissed [rightfully].

getting arrested =/= getting kidnapped

If rules are being followed, you did something in order to get arrested-- it's a consequence of your actions as a player. It is a reaction from world around you and something you can expect and prepare for. It has a purpose.

Kidnapping, not so much. It's not apples to apples and kinda pointless to render a comparison.

I suggest that CCs with bludgeons and bludgeon reskins should have to choose between falling under the can-raid thief category or falling under the no-raid kidnapper category.

That way people who paid for bludgeon reskins can keep them if they feel that strongly about living that kidnapper life.