Remove Bludgeon for CC'S

A Friendly Canadian

Kidnapping is fine as is and doesn't need changes, there is a long per player cool down after kidnapping someone. Those that really hate kidnapping that much can just get the wide awake gang talent, gets you out of 80%  of kidnaps and makes ur cool down a lot longer when you get kidnapped.

The sheer amount of refunds required to make this possible wouldn't be a good thing for the server. With bludgeon reskins, you better be prepared to refunds hundreds of millions of dollars as well as paypal money for those who paid to get them added.

Edit: everyone who +1's this clearly hasn't thought about the effect the removal would have on the economy.

This thread "hoes mad 3000"

well yeah dude, there exists a mechanic that is basically legal and consequence-free RDM/mugging/RDA rolled into one with effectively no job limit that at times requires players to be nearly 100% focused on avoiding it rather than doing something stupid like interacting with other players or like playing the game or w/e that is also incredibly inconsistent with other jobs that necessitate theft or killing or restraint-- and instead of looking a little deeper into the why of threads like this and having a discussion many long-time players or players in positions of power (often those that make frequent use of said mechanic) are too content to offer non-arguments or to leave a drive-by comment in support of maintaining the status quo that players often complain about.

of course people are gonna get a little shitter shattered about it

that said, after thinking about it im not sure removing the bludgeon from cc's is the solution-- ideally it shouldn't have been allowed to happen in the first place, but it appears we're in far too deep for outright removal at this point i think.

the only reason kidnapping is a "problem" is because new players join, get sacked, pay 30k, now run around broke not knowing what to do.

That's not entirely true.

My main beef with kidnapping is how prevalent it can get at times. Like, I start having to focus more on not letting anybody get behind me than interacting with other players or doing anything else for that matter. Turns more into a game of "dodge the bludgeon" than DarkRP, and I personally find mechanics that take players out of the game for no real reason to be kinda mingy and toxic as shit to begin with.

I realize that there's not a whole lot that can be done about it at this juncture, but I just wanted to clarify that it's not just new players that take issue with it.