Allow special characters in names

It's cold in here(._.)

Something I noticed is, I'm probably one of the one people with special characters in their names, which helps prove Im the original cold, but I believe all people should have the ability to use this small little feature. I get abusers will come in, so just make the first 2-3 letters have to be of the English lexicon. Only people with their original names with special characters can use them. So yeah, I feel more freedom in names would be a nice feature and I understand some people probably won't care.

if you have unique characters in your steam name it will show in the server too (just a tip). In my opinion, I would like to have unique characters, but it will probably never happen due to how difficult it can be for staff to target these players, especially in case of prop/ chat spam or Mass RDM.

if you have unique characters in your steam name it will show in the server too (just a tip). In my opinion, I would like to have unique characters, but it will probably never happen due to how difficult it can be for staff to target these players, especially in case of prop/ chat spam or Mass RDM.

If you train the staff to do all commands using quotation marks (i.e !jail "Piklas") and to copy the names through logs it will not be an issue. However if you allow special characters there will be people who name themselves Ρiklas instead of Piklas, which are 2 different names.

I think overall if something like this would be implemented already lazy staff would complain its too hard to copy paste and use quotation marks and people who know what special characters to use could easily use them to scam, fill up entire chat with their name or if a bug exists with a single character they could crash peoples game probly.

• Like 1

There is people who only have Japanese letters as their name but this occurrence is so rare we don’t complain. If it happened everytime we played then it would get extremely annoying. I say make it 5 characters be English in a row. Given The nuisance already I have with it. (That’s if it is an accepted suggestion)