Why do you think the server is dying?

Sirlepepe

Because no one bases, but it’s also fun to just run around being picolas cage. The server has always been great & it will never die down. I just think Garry’s mods population is just starting to decrease as the years go by passing by.

Definetly school

not sjw safe space staff rp making the server exaclty what its appeal used to be. A server that doesn't bog down the players with a billion rules and had more emphisis on context/rp

It is definitely not school, this time last year and the year before that the server was doing perfectly fine. I agree with Piklas though, the server is just becoming more and more strict and it’s just not very fun to play like that. You can literally call someone black in OOC as a joke and get banned/muted for a long time. You can slightly step on someone’s pinky toe and get banned. It could also be the decreasing amount of staff and in result accepting shitty staff members. That’s just what I think though though, and I’m just an just a head tmod.

When the old map was on last year - the server seemed to be decent and around october the staff at the time was kind of poopy. The map was a lot smaller and basing was more popular then. You saw players and had more interactions because everything was closer. The king was (imo) better before the rework, even though the rework is pretty heckin cool. The bank job saw a lot more use back then too.

Basing isn't as popular as it used to be anymore and the map is bigger now. The newer parts of the map (sewer, strip club area) do not see much action. I believe if the map was cut back down to what it was before (with the updated changes) it would be better. I would like to see the forest area kept in.

The server is more strict then what it used to be and the player base (community) has changed. Now it's mostly filled with weeb models and people spamming "MINEEE DIAMONDS". The majority of the server seems to have access to a CC and CC's are still confused to be more powerful (they are, in a way). The gang update was good - but it just added another form of progression. I would like to see legitimate gang vs gang that would add more of a PvP / rivalry aspect to the server. Gang sizes should be capped as the majority of the people are in a few gangs with smaller gangs having friends only. 

Basing is extremely overpowered if you get a good spot that requires multiple C4's to take out. A new player has no chance against a big base. Alternatively, raiding is also easy because in most spots one C4 can take out the entire base. 

The majority (the regulars) of the people play on the server for the CC aspect - which is cool. The people who play "just for CC's" only work on making money and getting weeb models (north bear). People with vast amounts of CC content can just keep creating content and break the economy. Anyone who is new comes in and sees the high price of CC's feels like it is unobtainable and overpowered. The new people are just expecting to roleplay as a gun dealer / hitman (probably the more popular jobs on another server) see that CC's spawn with guns and can be hired as a hitman - thus, reducing roleplay. 

Kidnapping is cool but it is inherently toxic when you have every CC with a bludgeon knocking people out for "the lulz".

There are a lot of reasons players could be lost.

The only thing you can do is look at what the server was before - and what it is now and try to figure out why it worked then and why it doesn't work now.

I do agree with some of your points, however I think the server was toxic, and that was the fun thing about it. Everyone was toxic and it was a lot of fun when piklas cuffed other cops and beat them in a corner if they were bad. It was fun, it was a good time overall. CC's have been nerfed even more, so I really don't think CC's are a contributing factor, and now that you cannot p2w its not really a factor at all. I really just think its how the community changed in general and that most of the people in gmod want that toxic, fun time, not a "you have to watch for everything you do". Although a contributing factor is gmods popularity still going down. It's going to be hard to get out of this hole, hopefully the server can survive, but I don't know...

It is definitely not school, this time last year and the year before that the server was doing perfectly fine. I agree with Piklas though, the server is just becoming more and more strict and it’s just not very fun to play like that. You can literally call someone black in OOC as a joke and get banned/muted for a long time. You can slightly step on someone’s pinky toe and get banned. It could also be the decreasing amount of staff and in result accepting shitty staff members. That’s just what I think though though, and I’m just an just a head tmod.

I completely agree, even though around a year ago I was banned. But before that it felt free, it didn’t feel like every other DarkRP server where you would feel constantly restricted and limited by the rules. Now people are being punished for disrespect and the punishment for racism doesn’t make any sense. When a staff member punishes someone for racism they 90% of the time don’t care about context. 

But this is my own OPINION feel free to take this however you like.