Staff activity

My Profile Is A Lie

Why do sits have to be gone every 1 minute again? I think there was a thread that someone wanted to make sits last longer but I forgot why it was denied.

If you make the sits stay up there longer, your giving the staff member more time to complete what he is trying to do and eventually get to it.

When I see people make sits and they dont get taken they eventually start saying shit in OOC and it doesnt stop until they take it.

Should there be a button that thats says, "Your sit will be taken shortly" when pressed? That gives staff a chance to finish what their doing without making the user felt that hes being ignored even when theres active staff. Also when you press that button, that sit will permantly stay on your screen until its taken or ignored.

Anyone wanna add onto that?

it was supposed to be updated to stay for 3 minutes but it didn't work for whatever reason and still hasn't been fixed.

sits can be pinned, which will 90% of the time hold it there for whoever is interested in taking it, although it sometimes times out even when pinned.

people are super fucking goddamn obnoxious about their sits not getting taken and start flaming staff and the server, usually because they died once. and its usually stupid shit that if it happened to an experienced player they would maybe try to ask for a sit and then forget about it and not really care after a few minutes because its really just a waste of time to be bothered by little shit, and even more so to involve a bunch of other people by calling a sit for it. of course, its different when someone's sole purpose on the server is to fuck shit up. by all means, get rid of them.

and lastly, claiming a sit tells the reporter that the staff who claimed it will be with them shortly, so I suppose a staff who doesn't want to deal with the constant whining could pin and claim multiple sits in anticipation of it.

sits do need a rework though, it could definitely be more efficient for everyone. I actually designed a new model for sits for sugar but no idea if/when that will happen.

• Like 1

Tbh they need to bring back the beeping back for staff sits, it would also help blind staff members let them know there is a sit request .

Give admins the option to disable it for certain staff if they’ve proven themselves and change it’s settings such as amount of time before staff online get beeps.

I think its easy to get unmotivated as staff, especially with the bullshit some players try to pull on the regular, not unlike what i remember you doing alot when i was staff and after demotion. If everyone on the server tries to help each other out in any way i think people will be more motivated to work.

Tbh they need to bring back the beeping back for staff sits, it would also help blind staff members let them know there is a sit request .

Give admins the option to disable it for certain staff if they’ve proven themselves and change it’s settings such as amount of time before staff online get beeps.

Correct and it will help the blind and partially blind staff.

Encourage players to use the rep feature. If they have an issue with staff not responding to their sits they should leave a rep of the staff. Admins should review these periodically.

Nah, sugar needs to add  a page on the website to rate staff like ratemyprofessors.com since there is a limited amount of characters you can use and only can see it when they are online if they did through rep.

Encourage players to use the rep feature. If they have an issue with staff not responding to their sits they should leave a rep of the staff. Admins should review these periodically.

Theres no easy way for staff to view most recent rep since rep seems to be randomly placed, but it would be nice for staff to be able to easily view recently given rep.

I think its easy to get unmotivated as staff, especially with the bullshit some players try to pull on the regular, not unlike what i remember you doing alot when i was staff and after demotion. If everyone on the server tries to help each other out in any way i think people will be more motivated to work.

I agree, staffing can be demotivating and draining, we need a way to motivate staff, will have to do some thinking on this.