Kidnapping

Knifu Waifu

why dont u make a brand new kidnapping swep like restraints that takes a little time to restrain someone OR if u pick up a knocked out person and carry them then make u slower so they arent super sonic because the body is heavy which is more realistic i guess ;/

BRINGINGARMAGEDDON

Kidnapping is fun. Basing gets boring and eventually farming does as well. Yes it does suck getting kidnapped but there are tons of ways for countering it. Play in third person and watch behind you. Or stay in a corner.

both have a low success rate

CCs literally don’t change kidnapping, they use the same bludgeon and have the same mechanics, if you really want it nerfed, you could add a weapon swap delay.

CC's do provide an advantage over the normal Cultist and other Kidnapping classes. Theres a exploit that you would need a jump swep for ( Fountain Area ) Where you can time a swing while dropping on someones head and it'll kidnap them. Also you come zooming in at the speed of sound due to bunny hopping and hit them in a split second where no one could react.

So, the exploit is an exploit, you should know that is not allowed lol, you have said several things in this thread that YOU as a moderator as a moderator are supposed to punish/enforce.

With bhopping, it’s a lot harder than you think to hit someone whilst bhopping and more times than not you’ll miss their back.

What was said before is play in third person, Take advantage of it.

5 minutes with no option of escape.

Untrue, there are multiple ways you can get out of kidnap such as using /cr, yelling for help and im pretty sure now that metagaming is removed you can advert or tell your friends where you are. Just because you choose to be lazy doesn't mean thats the only option.

I played for about an hour today and got kidnapped once when tabbing out, I was making sure I was doing normal stuff and around fountain area. When some people actually did try to kidnap me it was either a. very obvious since they are running in a half circle behind you or b. I saw them with ther bludgeon and when they attempted to kidnap i just killed them. The one time i did get kidnapped they kidnapper was killed within 10 seconds of me being kidnapped. This is all anecdotal but from what I have seen here I should have been getting attempted kidnapped constantly and get kidnapped on a regular basis most likely within the hour. It was very easy to counter a kidnap and when I did get kidnapped someone else countered and stopped it, seems to me that if you are in more high traffic areas its extremely hard to get kidnapped making me believe that the kidnapper needs to do that in a more secluded area which is the intended interaction as far as i know.

Overall I think this is just blown out of proportion and kidnapping is annoying but fine, its adequitely hard to kidnap someone who isn't payng attention but there is risk to not waiting for a good moment to kidnap. I do still support an increase of the perk cooldown to something higher since it might add a bit more risk to kidnapping but then failing, making you have to wait longer to choose your next target.

Also heres a little meme for the people who seem to really really hate kidnapping, peanut since he was the first one to my knowledge to bring this up recently

195x360https://i.imgur.com/itR2q16.jpg[/img]

"High traffic areas"

A player shouldn't be force to stay in these specific parts on the map to enjoy the server without the threat of being kidnaped successfully.

And with the perk. 

People shouldn't be forced to either join a gang that has the perk active nor should they have to change it.

People aren’t forced lmfao, did you read anything he said? He barely got kidnapped, just because you leave yourself open constantly doesn’t mean kidnapping is broken. Wide Awake doesn’t change much anyway so it IS NOT a forced talent.

The first issue is bases. Most to all kidnappers use are either bases where its completely one color and you can't tell where your going or its a slightly different shade from the outside.

considered a blackout base if you can't tell where you are going., not allowed. you should know this as you're a moderator.

Another issue that is also connected to the all one color is that somewhere in the entire entrance of the base, there is one no collided wall thats not only where you can shoot through it, but its practically impossible to find within a reasonable amount of time while first entering the base. ( Most Kidnapping bases that have this trait require you to either crouch or jump crouch into a specific area all while they have a hidden area where they can see you and shoot but you can't see them )

Also not allowed, you're supposed to have a path of some sort to follow, you should know this as you're a moderator 

And another Issue is that there is no Role-play involved in kidnapping, you're just hitting someone in the back of the head with a stick or sandwich and carrying said victim off to a pitch black area where they have to either wait 5 minutes to kill themselves or for the captor to get bored with them and kill them.

That is why its KoS to everyone around them. If you are going to complain this when you have one of the biggest handicaps being given to you, idk why you play on this server. Kidnapping isn't an easy task near the fountain where theres like 10-20 players at a time.

CC's with the bludgeon is also a issue, most CC's have a plethora of weapons at their disposal as well as healing items and some that give armor. This makes it damn near impossible to stop them when they use their jumping swep go into the sky just to come down and hit your noggin and carry your body off into their little cave.

cc's can only carry you with the bludgeon out.

Kidnapping should be implemented in with Role-play, not only should said kidnapper HAVE to place the box, but there should be a new system to kidnapping so its not just a one hit to the back.

I think its fine as it is.

As you are one of the kidnappers on the server, your view on the subject is extremely biased on it. And the your point as "Your a moderator you should know this" Any time I would or did confront someone who was fail bassing Id be blasted and told to go fuck off, No other staff seem to see it as a problem which is everyones excuse to it.

Ever heard if pulling them to a magical place called sit land and handling the there, I saw walter catch big tits using a black out base for kidnapping and after he says it big ttits immediately deletes it and wasn't seen again that was yesterday I've never seen you ever really have a full rp at all just sit on top of a tall building the whole time while taking sits, yet I've only believe I personally managed to kidnap you once cause usually you have quite the interesting crowd around you gunning people down who dare to kidnap you. Anyways kidnapping has always being a shitty situation well for the victim if the kidnapper succeeds and shitty for the kidnapper if he fails. Lately most of the time if not early in the morning kidnapping is literally always a guaranteed for the kidnapper to get gunned down. And claiming biased tsk tsk I've told Walter to fuck off once when I was doing something and decided to make an example out of me. You're staff you have power to make people adhere to the rules simple as that.

I see what your getting at with kidnapping being annoying at times but if we didn’t have something like this people would Been restricted to what’s they do I like kidnapping on the server myself but if we going to make it harder to do we need to rebuff basing because kidnapping is a substitute for nerfed basing as processors r not worth it anymore id like them to go back to how they used to be and printing for very little money is silly so if we nerf kidnapping we need to rebuff basing

Whats wrong with kidnapping it doesnt take up much time just pay and leave or just go afk instead of complaining.

jawson/speedy is def right old procs please these ones are unusable no one wants to sit there and listen to a annoying ass printer and have to give it battery's make tits great again.

Bring back the old processers before the Nerf and there will be a noticeable amount of people who will stop kidnapping 24/7. I kidnapped alot before the proc nerf to farm xp. Now its one of the only things i do.

if we nerf kidnapping we need to rebuff basing

why not both?

Whats wrong with kidnapping it doesnt take up much time just pay and leave or just go afk instead of complaining.

I don't play videogames to be afk 50% of my time playing them. why don't you come up with something useful to say instead of saying stupid and predictable shit that has already been said and disputed several times in the thread?