Kidnapping

Knifu Waifu

As I previously stated, people do it to minge and be assholes to players. Theres no RP relation to kidnapping with the only exception being the DELI gang.

On top of having an actual roleplay scenario, the Deli gang also uses the real kidnapper classes like cultist most if not all the time.

Its by definition rp since they are taking time and risk to kidnap you for most likely the purpose of getting money by you buying the box.

I never get the option to buy the box and if I do get it once in a blue moon its always 30k which people also do on purpose knowing you won't pay that much. This gives me an idea though, maybe sugar can make you have to place the box to take their stuff in the first place. You don't place their stuff, it's "because" you never took it in the first place.

*has pickup box with your stuff* *doesn't place it means that you don't have his stuff*  :huh: :huh:

• Sad 1

So one of the major complaints I see is the lack of roleplay involved. When people complain they keep getting KOS'd for kidnapping I tell them they should be doing it in low population areas such as an alleyway (like beside cinema). A possible solution (I think Piklas mentioned) would be upping the cool down on kidnapping, and upping it even more if you die to encourage sneaky kidnaps rather than constant broad daylight kidnaps.

Personally I find I'm rarely kidnapped (The only person who manages to get me is OMG Silver the fuck) mainly due to the fact I constantly watch my surroundings. Take advantage of the fountains anti kidnap if you wanna chat in public without the risk. The base issue can be countered by the basing rules.

In regards to CCs how much do you want to nerf them? Between 100k per item swaps, the swep price change and other nerfs cc's will end up useless in the near future. Instead of taking away the options given to us and restricting freedom we should focus on kidnapping itself rather then the available methods to kidnap. 

Just my thoughts.

I personally think that kidnapping should be nerfed entirely due to how anti-fun the system is. I dont think always having to watch your back as well as if theres 4 cultists and 3 cc kidnappers its basically going to be every corner you turn your having someone jump on your head, run behind you at mach fucking speed, as well as making newer players who dont exactly know why they were just knocked out and shoved into a box to have people play shitty earrape music and make you pay 30k cause "lmao its fun"

This behavior isnt enjoyable for many players and its seemingly needs to be reworked entirely.

My Suggestion is to allow a similar fighting system such as being cuffed where you can struggle to wake up earlier than before allowing yourself to wake up and get your items back as well as sending yourself to spawn so they cant just mach speed run you into their base and FDA to shove you into their box. so atleast when you wake up earlier than you should your not just still stuck in a box or inside their base.

1000% agree with OP. I have literally never seen someone do a kidnapping that was within RP, not once. It's like mugging. Sure, it makes sense that you would be able to do it, but when you're actually playing the game it's just a "valid" reason to minge. Nobody ever wants a ransom, just like nobody ever actually wants the money they're mugging you for. They're just looking for a reason to waste your time, kill you, or both.

Kidnapping.

The first issue is bases. Most to all kidnappers use are either bases where its completely one color and you can't tell where your going or its a slightly different shade from the outside.

Another issue that is also connected to the all one color is that somewhere in the entire entrance of the base, there is one no collided wall thats not only where you can shoot through it, but its practically impossible to find within a reasonable amount of time while first entering the base. ( Most Kidnapping bases that have this trait require you to either crouch or jump crouch into a specific area all while they have a hidden area where they can see you and shoot but you can't see them )

And another Issue is that there is no Role-play involved in kidnapping, you're just hitting someone in the back of the head with a stick or sandwich and carrying said victim off to a pitch black area where they have to either wait 5 minutes to kill themselves or for the captor to get bored with them and kill them.

CC's with the bludgeon is also a issue, most CC's have a plethora of weapons at their disposal as well as healing items and some that give armor. This makes it damn near impossible to stop them when they use their jumping swep go into the sky just to come down and hit your noggin and carry your body off into their little cave.

Kidnapping should be implemented in with Role-play, not only should said kidnapper HAVE to place the box, but there should be a new system to kidnapping so its not just a one hit to the back.

Thank you for reading this.

Yea sugar should remove the coldown for kidnaping.

The first issue is bases. Most to all kidnappers use are either bases where its completely one color and you can't tell where your going or its a slightly different shade from the outside.

considered a blackout base if you can't tell where you are going., not allowed. you should know this as you're a moderator.

Another issue that is also connected to the all one color is that somewhere in the entire entrance of the base, there is one no collided wall thats not only where you can shoot through it, but its practically impossible to find within a reasonable amount of time while first entering the base. ( Most Kidnapping bases that have this trait require you to either crouch or jump crouch into a specific area all while they have a hidden area where they can see you and shoot but you can't see them )

Also not allowed, you're supposed to have a path of some sort to follow, you should know this as you're a moderator 

And another Issue is that there is no Role-play involved in kidnapping, you're just hitting someone in the back of the head with a stick or sandwich and carrying said victim off to a pitch black area where they have to either wait 5 minutes to kill themselves or for the captor to get bored with them and kill them.

That is why its KoS to everyone around them. If you are going to complain this when you have one of the biggest handicaps being given to you, idk why you play on this server. Kidnapping isn't an easy task near the fountain where theres like 10-20 players at a time.

CC's with the bludgeon is also a issue, most CC's have a plethora of weapons at their disposal as well as healing items and some that give armor. This makes it damn near impossible to stop them when they use their jumping swep go into the sky just to come down and hit your noggin and carry your body off into their little cave.

cc's can only carry you with the bludgeon out.

Kidnapping should be implemented in with Role-play, not only should said kidnapper HAVE to place the box, but there should be a new system to kidnapping so its not just a one hit to the back.

I think its fine as it is.

considered a blackout base if you can't tell where you are going., not allowed. you should know this as you're a moderator.

Also not allowed, you're supposed to have a path of some sort to follow, you should know this as you're a moderator 

That is why its KoS to everyone around them. If you are going to complain this when you have one of the biggest handicaps being given to you, idk why you play on this server. Kidnapping isn't an easy task near the fountain where theres like 10-20 players at a time.

Lots of the people who kidnap do it with a group which can over run a single person trying to kill a kidnapper.

As you are one of the kidnappers on the server, your view on the subject is extremely biased on it. And the your point as "Your a moderator you should know this" Any time I would or did confront someone who was fail bassing Id be blasted and told to go fuck off, No other staff seem to see it as a problem which is everyones excuse to it.