New Admins Poll

Neko Sam | Loli Lover

Do you think the server needs more admins?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the server needs more admins?

• Yes I think we need more admins
    • No I think new admins is useless

hecko User/Staff !

We are holding a poll to see if the community as a whole thinks we need new admins in the staff ranks. The "rules" are very simple.

Anyone with more than 30 hours can vote, We need opinions and well, I would like to hear the thoughts of people that has at least some knowledge of the server/staff's team and so on. Im not trying to be mean to new players but what you would want? The opinion of someone with 50 hours or someone with 2 hours?

With that explained, Along with "For new admins" or "Against new admins" I would like to ask you to give your reasoning.

Why do you want new admins? What do you think new admins could bring? Why do you think that having new admins would be useless? And so on. Im not gonna make a format and what not since its pretty much boring for a poll. But do remember, Try to keep it constructive and smart. Not "DUH I THINK I SHOULD GET ADMIN XDDDD" Comments like that will be simply deleted and not looked at.

Simply put, I talked with Sugar about promoting new people to Admin since we have practically no admins online. Yeah we have Walter and Gent (I don't see him often on my side please tell me if im wrong).

But it's not nearly enough considering how huge our T-mod/Mod team is. Having at least 2 new admins would help the server (and me) ALOT. Having 2 more admins means 2 extra pairs of arms and brains.

The thing is, When we get new admins they most of the time simply leave right after getting it. This has happened to MOST NOT ALL admins we currently have. So if we do promote 2 people what tells us they are gonna stay? They got admin, so what's next for them? And end up leaving because of it. There's also the utility of admins. Im not saying we don't need them but then again. You guys have me, Walter and gent and sugar. We might not be THE BEST higher ups ever but I think we do our job properly. So what's the point of having more admins? Helping us I guess?

There are pros and cons on each side. If we promote player X to admin, and half the community don't think he deserves it, what's gonna happen? Are people gonna try to get him demoted and what not? Promoting people to Admin is a good idea but then be tricky in practice.

Which is why we think holding a poll would be a good idea. If this shows up to be a bad idea we can always stop this and move on. Nothing can't be fixed!

And finally, for the "Format" (Not really one but it's for the looks departement ok?) If you wish to see your hours then click here! https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/208.103.169.23:27015/

Hours Played :

Vote : (For new admins / Against new admins)

Reasoning: Why? What good will it do? (These are examples, Just give your thoughts and why you voted X or Y)

The vote will end in 2 weeks. Which will be the 26th at 11:59 PM. After that I will be compiling the data and come with the results. If the vote "fails" this matter ends here and we will move on as usual. If it "Passes" then I will start "phase 2" which will choose who gets promoted. I still need to think about Phase 2 but for now let's focus on this.

I wish to all of you a fantastic day!

Hours Played : 213.88

Vote : Yes

Reasoning: I believe that we should have new admins for many reasons. First, there are a lot of moderators that would do very well in the position (i.g. have more power and be able to help the community more. Also, if there is not chance of getting new admins, Moderators wont have the same strive to keep taking sits and working hard. A lot of the admins are inactive. Walter is the only admin i see on. Sometimes Gent, but usually Walter. We could have more admins on the server watching over moderators and trial moderators.

this was all a joke i am being held hostage by griffin help

Hours Played : Near 500 hours.

Vote : For

Reasoning: Why? What good will it do?: I think you honestly outlined the reasons yourself! My first reason is that, as lovely as our curent admins are, there are many times where hours or half a day or even more will pass without a single Admin on. There are a number of uses for Admins being online, but the biggest ones in my opinion are to give input for other staff members, to quell arguments (People listen to Admins and take them seriously, whereas Mods can be brushed off), settle disputes/arguments in admin-chat or ooc. I'm sure there are a number of things that only Admins can do that would help very specific issues, I unfortunately can't think of any at the moment, but I'm sure there are, and while these cases may be rare, they still happen and having an Admin on to help would really be nice. Furthermore, I believe there should almost always be an Admin online, and I think a good way to look for an Admin is to look for the most active and respected Moderators. People who play daily, take sits, aren't minges, are respectful and respectable are going to be people who are good candidates. I really think it just comes down to watching the Mods and seeing who you (the admins) believe is fit for the position. Lastly, as you said in your post, there was a recent wave of t-mods and mods, quite a few actually, and I'm sure this team is only going to grow more and more as time goes on. We could use more Admins to help regulate the staff and take care of those tricky Admin-only issues.

Hours:1551 (Wow no life)

Vote : (For new admins / Against new admins): Two mods that I think would set good admins would have to go to Griffin and Peanut. People I don't think should be an admin is Shrek Wazowski (Noahmm)

Reasoning: Why? What good will it do? (These are examples, Just give your thoughts and why you voted X or Y)

Griffin: I think he would be a great admin due to the fact he takes his time with sits and does them very well extremely unbias towards and situation and looks for evidence and confirms maybe rules with sugar and others. +1

Peanut: This man is a no-brainer, in my opinion, he takes his time on the forums making huge ass reports that are very well written and also is very experienced and shows great finesse while doing sits and many other situations I would say out of all mods he is quite the dude to be an admin. Huge +1

Now Noah or whatever his name is at this time well he does minge a little bit I would say a better version of my minginess not fit for admin or any promotion at all sorry bud but I don't think you are ready but it is my opinion so phh. -1

Hours Played : Shows up as 74 hours. Really have like 300 hours and been around the server for more than 5 months.

Vote : We don't need new admins. We just need the admins to accept Mod Apps. Walter has been doing a great job BY HIMSELF. Even though it would be nice to have another active admin I just don't think it's necessary.

Reasoning: Alright, even though only Walter is like the only admin hes been doing fine with the ban appeals and such. Moderator applications aren't too important since we have plenty of staff for now. Also, for me time here I don't see anybody fit for admin as of currently. I have been here long enough to see how this server works and how basically the forums work as well. As of rn we could just tell the inactive admins to step up or they lose their rank. I know they will start picking up some stuff unless they give a valid excuse. Saying I would be a "good" admin is just stupid. If shugar wants another admin we need to actually see what he does. Spectate him and see what he does. We don't a admin who breaks rules. Not everything should be about votes Neko... We actually need to see what the moderator does! We may see them as a good moderator because he has 0 reports. But ya never know what he/she does.

If anything I would be a great admin

Hours Played : Near 500 hours.

Vote : For

Reasoning: Why? What good will it do?: I think you honestly outlined the reasons yourself! My first reason is that, as lovely as our curent admins are, there are many times where hours or half a day or even more will pass without a single Admin on. There are a number of uses for Admins being online, but the biggest ones in my opinion are to give input for other staff members, to quell arguments (People listen to Admins and take them seriously, whereas Mods can be brushed off), settle disputes/arguments in admin-chat or ooc. I'm sure there are a number of things that only Admins can do that would help very specific issues, I unfortunately can't think of any at the moment, but I'm sure there are, and while these cases may be rare, they still happen and having an Admin on to help would really be nice. Furthermore, I believe there should almost always be an Admin online, and I think a good way to look for an Admin is to look for the most active and respected Moderators. People who play daily, take sits, aren't minges, are respectful and respectable are going to be people who are good candidates. I really think it just comes down to watching the Mods and seeing who you (the admins) believe is fit for the position. Lastly, as you said in your post, there was a recent wave of t-mods and mods, quite a few actually, and I'm sure this team is only going to grow more and more as time goes on. We could use more Admins to help regulate the staff and take care of those tricky Admin-only issues.

I have mixed feeling about this one I am nor +1 or -1

Hours Played : Shows up as 74 hours. Really have like 300 hours and been around the server for more than 5 months.

Vote : We don't need new admins. We just need the admins to accept Mod Apps. Walter has been doing a great job BY HIMSELF. Even though it would be nice to have another active admin I just don't think it's necessary.

Reasoning: Alright, even though only Walter is like the only admin hes been doing fine with the ban appeals and such. Moderator applications aren't too important since we have plenty of staff for now. Also, for me time here I don't see anybody fit for admin as of currently. I have been here long enough to see how this server works and how basically the forums work as well. As of rn we could just tell the inactive admins to step up or they lose their rank. I know they will start picking up some stuff unless they give a valid excuse. Saying I would be a "good" admin is just stupid. If shugar wants another admin we need to actually see what he does. Spectate him and see what he does. We don't a admin who breaks rules. Not everything should be about votes Neko... We actually need to see what the moderator does! We may see them as a good moderator because he has 0 reports. But ya never know what he/she does.

If anything I would be a great admin

Yeahh no I don't think you are ready I will explain more on this later but i just have some feeling that you should not be an admin at this time. -1

Yeahh no I don't think you are ready I will explain more on this later but i just have some feeling that you should not be an admin at this time. -1

Hey bud this isn't a place to vote for who should admin. This is to discuss whether or not there should be new admins.

HOURS HAVE: I BELIEVE 136

VOTE: I THINK We should have more admins 

REASON: THERE is a lot of staff that derserve this rank and have been here for a long time and showed they should get this and I think just having more active admins that will be on and take care of the server

AnD be active like how Walter is on forums and in game would help us a lot :)

And about time you guys made something like this