Let's talk about the removal of CCs

Umbak Klak

Do you support the removal of CCs?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the removal of CCs?

• Yes
    • No

I'm starting this thread because Sugar has stated a few times now (on the forums) that CC's were "a mistake". (Snippet from recent reply on suggestions thread: "but CCs in general aren't / shouldn't even be a thing." )

What are your thoughts on CCs?

My thoughts are that CCs are one of the main reasons so many people stay and keep playing, since it's a very long-term goal to grind towards. On the other side of the coin, CCs give players a *massive* advantage over new or poor players, and make many classes obselete.

I'm going to write a few pros and cons of removing CCs I  thought of;

Pros:

- Forces players to utilize the normal classes, which generates roleplay

- Advantages come in the form of VIP/Voted in classes, rather than everyone having a CC that's a little different

- "Balancing" the server becomes much easier, since classes can be restricted and only serve certain roles

- Classes would be more recognizable by their model, instead of anyone having any model

- The server wouldn't be nearly as hectic/confusing to new players (There's a lot of spam/troll items)

Cons:

- Real life money was spent on CCs, lots of hours were spent grinding CCs, much of the economy is fueled by CCs

- One of the reasons people play on the server is to grind for a CC

- There are a ton of interesting, fun, powerful items on CCs classes that make the server unique. Examples of this are the movement sweps everyone has, seeing people fly around with x item is a bit of a spectacle and something I've come to enjoy on this server

- Allowing nearly any item/model to be added allows players to play the game however they want, to roleplay in whatever way they choose. Most people use CCs to raid, but I have met a few who have roleplay CCs (Example: a friend of mine stalks people and has sweps that play scary noises, and has a spooky model). The removal of CCs would mean very specific roleplay styles like this might not be possible.

I believe the community would overwhelmingly disagree on removing them, so just to test this I'm making a poll on this thread. These are just my thoughts, would like to hear yours.

I think what sugar meant by CC's being a mistake is that they were and still to an extent are the #1 choice if you wanted to do anything. If you wanted to be the best at raiding you go on a cc, best at running around the map, be a cc, have the best weapons, be a cc.

The steps that have been taken are correct such as only allowing reskins, taking away tools like houndeye and most importantly giving normal jobs superior and unique tools, an example being that a mastersword that is on a cc is worse than a mastersword that is on a non cc and unboxed. To fully remove a CC is a very extreme option and if we look back to about august last year when houndeye healed up to 125, there was a stupidly overpowered riot shield that was a cc swep and only cc's could move around the map so fast you could barely see them that makes Sugar's comment that CC's were a mistake a understandable comment. If there is 1 thing that overused in this community it is to remove things when in the words of sugar he would rather tweak things than completely remove them (comment in a meeting when asked if bitminers would be reverted). 

As for my opinion CC's are a bit past the level of a normal job right now but with the money nerfs and high cost of making a cc it can be validated to have cc's with a bit more firepower than a normal class.

CC's are really the only thing to work towards. When I first started playing, I would get destroyed by cc players - so instead of complain and ask for them to get nerfed - 

I set out to create a great cc. 

CC's adds value to understanding how c4 works, how to design your base so it's hard to raid, and making friends with the people who aspire to raid you... cc's literally dictate how most people play.  

I made better bases, teamed up with two other players - and we would farm like.. 80mil a day from processors, trading, and winning events. Then we had to make friends with people who had custom sweps that I wanted, and knew the best guns, so we would trade information about what sweps were good and what not to buy, information and knowledge has SOOOO much value on titsrp. (And that's a good thing, you have to invest in the server to become the best). If you go look at other darkrp servers - they all have minimal reward for your time investment, I can be just as good as the players with 300 hours played after 20 mins of playing, and that's BORING. 

Some may have shop items that you can't obtain in-game, or a few hats... but on Tits, your investment is rewarded heavily with your custom class, and EVERYONE can earn it. That's the main reason I play here. You don't have to pay real money as it's all available with in-game money. I have a better CC than most of the players who purchased their cc with real money, and the only thing i've donated for is $5 for vip when I first joined.

Yes, a CC is stronger than the basic classes - But that's the entire point! If it wasn't stronger than no one would have anything to work for, and tits would be just like all of the other boring darkrp servers... The way I see it, is we all join the same server, and have the same opportunity to obtain the class... that's the balance - we all get destroyed when we first join, and from that failure we develop our ambition..

• Like 1

I'd like to see them removed or reworked.

So, here's an idea for a change/rework.

Make it cost money to switch items on the CC.

Restrict CC to only having certain weapons. (Primary weapon - think m16,  awp, etc.) (Side arm - pistol) (Melee item - allows for lightsabers, masterswords, etc). (Misc Item - Any other item).

A four item limitation would make CC's much more fair. Alternatively, remove CC's all together and do this...

Move CC's to normal classes. You can buy a weapon slot on the thief job, when you spawn as a thief, you get said slot. Etc.

Removing them now is just something that wouldn't be viable. After reading what Tact wrote, I can see how they are the investment of the server. Its the reward for playing and grinding. You're not just buying the same weapons over and over but you're buying something that is yours to keep and edit and call your own. Removing them now would place users that can no longer obtain them at a disadvantage (kinda) and then it removes one of the only reasons to keep on playing which is to suit up your class.

Over the years CCs have been balanced and as of right now are a LOT better compared to what they were 2 - 3 years ago. For example CCs used to have RPGs, nerve gas, full on C4, full armor, CC weapons with real game breaking abilities (Houndeye, Riotshield, bacta grenade, real miniguns, super power weapons, ect). Now, they are really just thief classes or cop classes with extra weapons. I would be lying if I said without CCs, VIP would be expensive like $15+ or something. It used to be $10 but at the time, I just didn't think it was worth $10 for classes that were more powerful thief classes.

I am torn that once you get to a certain weapon limit on a CC, it just becomes a nuance and doesn't really offer anything different. For example, is the CC with 10 weapons a lot better than the CC with 3 weapons? I guess it depends what utility is on it but if you have a healing item, rifle, shotgun, sniper then you're basically set to go. Having 3 rifles, 3 shotguns and 3 snipers is more of just a cosmetic difference in my mind.

CCs as of now also come with their disadvantages. I also don't think I explained why I don't like custom classes. It's not that CCs are overpowered in a sense where its stupidly good but that their ability to generate money is the issue. They don't have to spend money anymore after obtaining the class (besides like C4, ammo and armor). They have all of the weapons in the game at that point because they can swap to just about any weapon for free. Adding a fee for swapping out a weapon is a pretty good idea as being able to have every weapon in the game at your hands 24/7 isn't game breaking but pretty dumb.

tl;dr  I don't hate CCs because I think they are super OP. They definitely have an advantage but not a stupid advantage. I dislike them because once you get one, you get rich, very very fast which can break the economy

I am torn that once you get to a certain weapon limit on a CC, it just becomes a nuance and doesn't really offer anything different. For example, is the CC with 10 weapons a lot better than the CC with 3 weapons? I guess it depends what utility is on it but if you have a healing item, rifle, shotgun, sniper then you're basically set to go. Having 3 rifles, 3 shotguns and 3 snipers is more of just a cosmetic difference in my mind.

That's the thing though.. Because of nerfs, new sweps, and whenever you add a new gun - finding the next best thing is always something to strive for. The best gun has switched for me - about 13 times that I can count off the top of my head. And when you nerf something good, there is ALWAYS a 'Next best' to find. And kind of an important topic to discuss is how you no longer add weapons that are stronger than the base gun dealer weapons anymore and how that is actually not a good thing... like how all shotguns are essentially the same - strong weapons are important to this weapon gold rush for us to sink time and money into (And it's actually a good thing when they get nerfed). I remember when the gangsta mac 10 was found out to have glitched dmg, everyone started using it. Then a few weeks later it got nerfed and we all went to the particle cannon. Then that got nerfed, and I swapped to the chainsaw gun, then the new map came - and we went to some of the gundealer weps, some remain really strong today. Sweps like quicksilver, molotovs, and guns that give 500 ammo are also added a sort of gold rush effect, when we are all looking for the best swep. A suggestion to balance this and continue adding NEW none gundealer sweps, and rid us of reskins would be to make it like this... 

If you buy a swep, you HAVE to sell it at the cc editor. You can set the price between 0-30mil but you can't keep it for yourself. That way, everyone has access to purchase and/search for the best gun available - also you need to make a 30% tax on the purchasing of sweps from other players through the editor so that there is a money sink. Adding in new sweps that aren't reskins is super important - like the batclaw having the same effect as the unnerfed master sword - that gave all of us who found that out or payed attention a big advantage. Reskins are what causes the limit to cc's and make it stale for all of us trying to find the next big thing.