{Guide] How to startup an A320.

Cicada

(NSA this is just a joke title. Relax)

Plane model we're working with:

Airbus A321/A320/A319

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/02/11/35/2113540_071b0f59.jpg (Airbus A320)

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/a9397b1bdbb9b36dcd85468c8b4195f9a0106c53/c=38-0-742-530&r=x393&c=520x390/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/12/23//1387807357000-aa321t-1.jpg (Airbus A321)

Today, we're going to learn how to Start it up from Cold and Dark (0 Power and no start) {This is a joke because I'm waiting for Tyler1's stream to start. Don't hold me accountable for your hijackings you infidels. 

First of all we'll look at the Overhead panel::

1: We want to verify that the battery Voltz are at 25.0+ Voltz.

2: We check both batteries. By clicking Battery 1, check the voltage. Then Battery 2 aswell.

3: Turn on Both Batteries 1-2. 

4: We turn on "External Power" provided from the Ground Power Units. 

5: We perform a APU fire test on the top of the Overhead panel.

6: Once turned on. We'd go down tot he Master SWITCH for the APU [Auxilarry Powering Unit]. We then click the "Master Switch" then the "Start" switch.

6.1: We click the Cockpit and Outside lights as REQUIRED Per Company/Country requirements.

6.2: Once cockpit lights are turned on we can move forward.

7: We then turn on the APU Bleed to provide Air Conditioning. 

7.1: We set up the Air Conditioning panel.

7.2: We check the Electrical Panel for any white lights or any faulty systems. IF all is good, we can move forward.

8: We then move to the Left Side Over head panel, we extinguish all the white lights. 

8.1: We extinguish Crew Supply light. 

8.2: We do a Cockpit Recorder test.

8.2.1: Then we erase.

8.3: We turn on the ADIRS (Air Data Inertial Reference System) - Shows the Navigation Displays GPS and Primary Flight Displays some data and location information, and air speeds etc.. some other stuff like that.

8.3.1: We turn it on by doing "1 to Nav" "2 to Nav" "3 to Nav"

8.3.2: We wait for ADIRS to Allign (5 minutes)

8.3.3: We then turn on the displays. Turn on the  TCAS (Traffic Collision and Avoidance System) to STANDBY till we are ready for Take off we then set it to TA/RA ( Traffic Advisory and Resolution Advisory)

8.4: We then Set up the MCDU (Multi Function Control Display Unit) -- We use this to show the Aircraft our route, that is given to the Pilots by the Airline..we set up the Aircraft weights, we decide the V1 - VR - V2 Speeds. These are the safety speeds for take off. V1 is Speed in which AFTER it we cannot leave the TAKE OFF. We must dedicate, It's basically the speed if there was an Engine Failure, you'd still go on the take off with it. Before that speed, you can reject a take off. - VR speed is the Rotation speed, the speed in which it's safe to pull the nose up. Or the speed that the nose goes up and the aircraft goes up. - V2 Speed is the speed that the aircraft can climb at that speed. Also known as "Aircraft Safety speed" or..take off safety speed. I forgot. There's also more information, Radio Navigation..Route..Weight..and more than that mainly.

9: Once all that is ready and set. They set up the FCU (Flight Control Unit) (Set up the Auto pilot initial Altitude which is given by the Air Traffic Controller) 

9.1 They then get Clearance to start up and taxi.

9.2 They wait, once clearance is given. They put Engine Mode Selector to "IGNITION" 

9.3 They ask for clearance to start Engine 2 (If that's already given with the Clearance duh..) then they start up Engine 2.

9.3.1 Once Engine 2 is starting up they turn on Strobe lights (Or whatever the airline/airport regulations are, to alert the Ground Marshals that they should move away from aircraft to not get sucked/hurt from the engine blades as they start up) 

9.3.2 Once Engine 2 has started up, they start up Engine 1. 

9.3.3 Once Engine 1 has started up and Oil pressure and everything is set to go. They put mode back to "NORMAL"

9.4: They ask for taxi clearance. Once given to them, they turn on taxi lights and taxi and depart. 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ------- ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

That should be it for starting an Airbus A320 >> Please note: there's a LOT more that goes into this. They check ECAM displays. They verify Oxygen levels, they check the Hydraulic pressures, they check Engine Oil heat and Engine Pressures, they check a  lot more stuff than what I did mainly. But I'm just summarizing it WITHOUT the checklists that they ordinarily do and checks and walk around checks and everything of that sort.

That's just the cold and dark and startup.

Here are some fun facts cause Cicada is bored!:

1) In the Airbus A320 during the Engine startup, there tends to be imbalance in Hydraulic pressure that pressurizes pistons that give control to the Pilots. There is a system that balances that pressure between the Yellow and Green hydraulic systems, called the "PTU" or "Power Transfer Unit" which makes a Dog Barking noise and or a screeching noise, can be heard before taxi and on Arrival or if there's an Engine failure.

2) In the Airbus A320 if there's a Hydraulic Failure (Which prevents control) There's always a backup which is called "Ram Air Turbine" which is self explanatory as the name says it. It's a turbine that powers up the Hydraulic systems that extends from the belly of the plane. This had been turned on during the Hudson River landing. 

2.1) There's mainly the Green and Yellow hydraulic systems that are powered by the Engines, but there's a backup Hydraulic System that is powered Electrically by the Auxillary Powering Unit and there's also that RAM Air Turbine or also known as "RAT" that is a backup that provides hydraulic power.

I really am not sure why I wrote all this down, cause I am almost certain this'll get deleted for shitpost. Which I say to that! No good sir, it is not SHITPOSTING. IT IS VALUABLE Information! That might benefit you..if you..were..to hij..okay never mind it is truly shitpost. But I had fun writing this down, if you have any serious questions I can really answer them, just PM me or write in the replies and I'll answer as best as I can, I wrote all this down so yep. I can help a bit.

2ND NOTE: There's A LOOOOOT more to grasp and a LOT more to visually know, because you'd need to know where to look at and what checks to verify. And what to be careful from, if there was maybe too low Engine Oil pressure or Engine isn't warmed up properly, there might be a delay. There's also consideration into anti-icing which is necessary, ice on a plane isn't a joke. Simplest worry might be a block in the Pitot tube which shows how fast the Air goes into that tube which displays the Air speed to the pilots, if blocked it can be bad. But if it just gets de-iced or melts down then it works again. But Ice on wings can decrease lift and potentially cause stalls. heck even dirt on a wing decreases left. Imagine Ice.

3RD Note: There's a lot more to know when it comes to Navigation Displays and MCDU's and routes and being a pilot, this is just the way I know it.

That's about it, ta duuuhh..

for those who don't get it. this is a plane that commonly is on 1-2 hour flights, smaller carriers or regional flights usually have these flights. and race0pone, this is a plane we're talking about. The A320

(this would work for Flight Simulator X Aerosoft FSLabs and more. This is also similar to the real procedure of the real thing. it's a beautiful plane all jokes aside)

p.s if the nsa is watching, this is for educational purposes. and it's random, so why not.

p.s..this really wouldn't get you to fly.

here's why:

You'd need to know how to set up the MCDU (Multi-purpose Control Display Unit) 

You'd need to know where the Flaps and Slats are.

You'd need to know where the Landing Gear Lever is.

You'd need to know how to detect an Engine failure if one was to occur before or after the V1 speed.

You'd need to know how to read the speeds and altitude and how to know where to look at.

You'd need to know how to avoid the Fighter Jets that'll be scrambled after you once you take off without permission.

You'd need to know where to look at to see other air traffic to avoid collision.

You'd need to know how to control the plane without losing or gaining too much altitude, without over speeding aswell.

You'd need to know the limits of the plane.

You'd need to know how to navigate and how to check fuel and other stuff.

All in all, it's impossible to be a hijacker. So, herbalist..your dreams have to wait my friend. (ALALLALALALALA :ANELE) 

let's not mention the fact that you'd need to get into the airport in the first place..and how you'd get close to the plane enough to try and open the door.

Fun fact #3: You cannot simply open the door of the plane if it's in the air, unless you were to have the plane break apart. 

So all in all: If you were to open the door, then that means the door wasn't the reason for your crash. There was something else that caused it.