1 month since gang update. What are your thoughts?

1-800-Suicide

Has the gang update been a good experience so far  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Has the gang update been a good experience so far

• yes
    • no

So its been a month since the gang update came out and I think we're all getting used to the mechanics and what-nows that it brought, I thought I'd ask the community what you've thought about the gang update. Whats your favorite part? The new jobs, implementation of suga dollas, new map, gangs with perks and talents or something else, whats the best part in your opinion?

I also want to use this thread as a view forward, we know Sugar has some stuff working behind the scenes with todays changelog but what would you like to see that could be an "expansion" of the gang update and also what did you not like about the update? For example you might not like how the hacker works (even though I think its vastly better than the old hacker) or maybe you would like to see gang wars in the futute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Keep criticism constructive and also feel free to post how far in levels your gang got, it's not a race but fun to see how far everyone got  :)

Update is good but they need to fix/tune a few things like certain useless perks and the somewhat OP weapon modding. Also the whole XP grind system is super easy to exploit (You especially know that for obvious reasons).

Update is good but they need to fix/tune a few things like certain useless perks and the somewhat OP weapon modding. Also the whole XP grind system is super easy to exploit (You especially know that for obvious reasons).

Since this game is RP at its core, an XP system doesn't fit in properly in a lot of cases which is why the XP restriction on categories was implemented. I want to give people XP for playing the game but it doesn't stop Jimmy and Bobby from sitting in the corner fining each other and what not to gain XP. There isn't supposed to be a grind, the whole point of the gang system was to just work towards something at some point and reward you for playing the game.

What perks do you feel like are useless? You know how difficult it is to think of 50 different perks, 27 gang talents (which weren't supposed to even be a thing) and have every single one of them be worth the effort? There will be some in there that don't appeal to you or are blatantly there because I couldn't think of anything else at the time. Some perks were swapped out for performance reasons such as being able to get an item when someone sells it at a very low chance. It might make a good perk though.

Behind the scenes the current stuff in development are:

• New Scoreboard (this is done)
  • New F4 Menu (haven't started this)
  • Rework of boombox (not rly my idea so don't throw a fit but this is 90% done, we also have a custom model now)
  • New Reputation System (this is like 20%)

After that, I want to experiment with some web stuff and set up a ban page and add in the rest of the reworked jobs and newer jobs like the King, Blackbeard, ect

Here are some things that I can show you right now

8cb9b67363844b07057e23306548d6e6.png

faff63f92920836a80bf07ce00b8a7c2.png

Since this game is RP at its core, an XP system doesn't fit in properly in a lot of cases which is why the XP restriction on categories was implemented. I want to give people XP for playing the game but it doesn't stop Jimmy and Bobby from sitting in the corner fining each other and what not to gain XP. There isn't supposed to be a grind, the whole point of the gang system was to just work towards something at some point and reward you for playing the game.

What perks do you feel like are useless? You know how difficult it is to think of 50 different perks, 27 gang talents (which weren't supposed to even be a thing) and have every single one of them be worth the effort? There will be some in there that don't appeal to you or are blatantly there because I couldn't think of anything else at the time. Some perks were swapped out for performance reasons such as being able to get an item when someone sells it at a very low chance. It might make a good perk though.

Behind the scenes the current stuff in development are:

• New Scoreboard (this is done)
  • New F4 Menu (haven't started this)
  • Rework of boombox (not rly my idea so don't throw a fit but this is 90% done, we also have a custom model now)
  • New Reputation System (this is like 20%)

After that, I want to experiment with some web stuff and set up a ban page and add in the rest of the reworked jobs and newer jobs like the King, Blackbeard, ect

Here are some things that I can show you right now

8cb9b67363844b07057e23306548d6e6.png

faff63f92920836a80bf07ce00b8a7c2.png

>scoreboard search

9999/10 update