1-800-Suicide Posted January 5 Share Posted January 5 Your In-Game Name: Piklas Your Steam ID: in profile Who are you reporting?: Dontavius quingle STEAM_0:0:52955685 Why are you reporting this player?: The simple telling of the story is that he pretended to warn someone when he was not actually doing it and later when he was called out he said he wanted to lower it to a verbal warning. Long telling of the story is that i made a sit on a person for rdm and stun gun abuse and dontavius took it. He went through the sit very quickly and at the end he typed in a warning which i thought looked suspicious from the start. I checked the persons profile immediately and there was no warning on his profile. I just assumed that the dashboard website had not updated yet. About 25 minutes later the person was in another sit with me so I took the opportunity to check out the dashboard again, still no warning. I said this to the guy and he told me that dontavius had talked to him after the first sit he was removing the warning because he thought i could be warned too. After the 2nd sit was completed I waited for dontavius to explain why this was and why the person was telling me this. Dontavius told me a different story where he decided it would only be a verbal because there were few priors, yet he had not added a verbal warning until now that he was questioned about it (about 30 minutes after the first sit). After I had spoken with dontavius he did end it in a rather passive aggressive way in my opinion, calling me "investigator" in irony. I would like to finally add that dontavius did talk to me at a later point and added a warning to the persons profile, I am however still reporting this because of the hoops that had to be jumped through just to arrive at that point. Do you have evidence related to this incident?: Yes This is in chronological order Just verifying that what I did to allyb was within the rules so that is not in question. I had the law (picture) saying no value cops on the 2nd floor are kos and he was standing idly inside of my office. So i killed him. First sit with reason for sit. With me checking allyb's profile after the sit. --About 25-30 minutes pass-- 2nd sit only with parts where previous sit and warning were discussed Speaking with dontavius about the issue. Picture of what I found to be a passive aggressive way of insulting me. Please excuse the slow uploading speed 1 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/24416-report/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
Øneiric Posted January 5 Share Posted January 5 (edited) Okay so a few points here. This was dragged on and eventually like I told you in game I talked to Blacnova and Sitto about the situation trying to make sense of it and the conclusion was to instead of where I downgraded it to a verbal it went back to a Warn as I did originally. I took another look at Allyb's previous warns and realized most of them had expired and none were for Job Abuse so I decided the verbal. I also looked at damage logs and NLR and say where it was and no damage was sent from you just recieved from Allyb thats why it was a quickly concluded sit. and to deescalate the situation as he felt the punishment was unfair I advised him to stay away from you since you seemed to be the target of choice and told him that it was lowered to a verbal anyways and to leave you alone and avoid any further issues all together. Also Punishment is Staff discretion and so I handled it according to what I thought fit. At the end i said that to you jokingly because we can do that as people but I apologize if you felt attacked by those statements. Edited January 5 by Øneiric Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/24416-report/#findComment-171473 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blacnova Posted January 5 Share Posted January 5 IMO this should’ve been a full warn, which is what I said to dontavious after he explained to me the situation. This is merely due to the blatant revenge-driven motive of Allyb as he otherwise had basically no recent priors. The situation was rectified after consulting with me and sitto, which means dontavious followed proper procedure in contacting other staff when unsure of what to do. I do agree that the original change in verdict from warn -> verbal should have been better communicated to Piklas to prevent the understandable confusion he experienced when seeing that apparently no punishment had been given, despite being told that one would be. It is important to note that although staff do have discretion over deciding where in the normal chain of punishments to put someone’s “first infraction”, it should still be seen as a fair and reasonable punishment when reviewed by other staff, or it can be subject to appeal. In this case, the verdict was re-corrected to a warning, so dontavious did make proper effort to confirm that his actions were correct after Piklas indicated an issue with the outcome. Dontavious, in the future please make sure to be more transparent with the reporter when changing your mind about a verdict so that they don’t get confused. It’s ok to decide on a verdict that the reporter doesn’t agree with, but you can’t just change your mind and not say anything to the original reporter. Piklas, I’m not really sure how I didn’t notice your two DMs to me at the end there, that’s myb. If that happens hit me up on discord and I’ll see it for sure. I do also want to say that I do appreciate how civil you were throughout this whole ordeal and I can understand feeling like you were wronged in such a situation where the rule-breaking against you was so blatant and with clear disregard. 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/24416-report/#findComment-171476 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blue. Posted January 6 Share Posted January 6 3 hours ago, Øneiric said: he felt the punishment was unfair I advised him to stay away from you since you seemed to be the target of choice and told him that it was lowered to a verbal anyways and to leave you alone and avoid any further issues all together. Correct me if im wrong, but you're saying he felt the punishment was unfair for a super blatant RDM? Tsk tsk. Just keep in mind that just because someone has old warns doesn't mean they deserve leniency. 3 hours ago, 1-800-Suicide said: no value cops on the 2nd floor are kos Ngl the wording on this is kinda scuffed and can lead to confusion, I would definitely make sure to have your cop law seperate and specific to avoid any confusion 3 hours ago, 1-800-Suicide said: I just assumed that the dashboard website had not updated yet. It's almost always immediate btw, and there is an issue sometimes where you will type the warn out in chat, and it just won't push through. (not what happened here just info to know) If you ever don't see a warn even though you saw a staff member type it out, thats your most likely culprit. The "investigator" comment is fine, even if it was sarcastic it's not actually insulting or degrading. The cervix comment was more brow raising lol. Being as how blac gave context from behind the scenes, I don't think anything other than a reminder to make sure to keep people informed about their sits is required. As long as they make sure to keep this in mind best they can, then that should be problem solved. They did not come off as biased/hostile during the sit, though the lack of warning until it was brought up was a bit sus, that could also just be chalked up to forgetting. I can't say if they forgot or not, or just genuinely was waiting to issue/change the punishment, but I can see why it would not look great. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/24416-report/#findComment-171481 Share on other sites More sharing options...
1-800-Suicide Posted January 6 Author Share Posted January 6 Respectfully I think the main issue here is that nothing was added until I noticed myself that there was no warning. dontavius did not add a note of a verbal warning until I was talking to him about it. The other stuff of it being or not being a verbal is pretty inconsequential to me. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/24416-report/#findComment-171484 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blue. Posted January 6 Share Posted January 6 45 minutes ago, 1-800-Suicide said: Respectfully I think the main issue here is that nothing was added until I noticed myself that there was no warning. dontavius did not add a note of a verbal warning until I was talking to him about it. The other stuff of it being or not being a verbal is pretty inconsequential to me. Yea I do agree with your point of view making it look bad. I guess we will see what dontavious has to say specifically about this Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/24416-report/#findComment-171491 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Øneiric Posted January 6 Share Posted January 6 (edited) Quote Correct me if im wrong, but you're saying he felt the punishment was unfair for a super blatant RDM? Tsk tsk. Just keep in mind that just because someone has old warns doesn't mean they deserve leniency. 12 hours ago, 1-800-Suicide said: Respectfully I think the main issue here is that nothing was added until I noticed myself that there was no warning. dontavius did not add a note of a verbal warning until I was talking to him about it. The other stuff of it being or not being a verbal is pretty inconsequential to me. Respectfully, Not every single action has to be done tout suite bud I am not on your clock I understand it looks bad but in essence a punishment was handed out Learn some patience Like I stated to you blac and sitto, I was the only one of two staff on handling sits other than blac until sitto got on and we were constantly being laid out with them and I was trying to handle them. I even pulled you personally to discuss what was going on and what had happened and even apologized for the misunderstanding but at the end of the day this is nitpicky trash and I'm not gonna entertain it sorry. Also per the guidelines and what were trained becoming tmods Warns/Verbals are up to our discretion last I saw and I personally don't hand out punishments based off what a player wants but by guidelines and that was all but two warns were expired(being over two years old) knowledge is knowledge but also being told that when warns expire to ignore their existence and then being told now that it does is quite complicating and I would appreciate the underlaying grey areas of that to be fixed. Edited January 6 by Øneiric 2 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/24416-report/#findComment-171541 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kert Kobean Posted January 12 Share Posted January 12 Sorry about the headache Piklas, it's definitely frustrating to have to go through that many hurdles when some basic transparency would have solved this issue right away. Dontavious will be spoken too and we'll make note in the future for all staff to be more transparent to avoid any further incidents like this. 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/24416-report/#findComment-172255 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts