This rule should be changed

Darken Death Gun

There is a rule on the server that says "KoS signs are not allowed but you may have Loitering signs. The minimum time for a loiterer to be killed is 5 seconds. Loitering signs extend to the area around the outside of a base, such as a sidewalk around it." and the part of it that we need to change is "Loitering signs extend to the area around the outside of a base, such as a sidewalk around it."

For some reason that rule extend to the roof even tho there is a rule that says "You cannot have a sky-base unless you are playing Preacher. Rooftops that are not explicitly part of the base (door leading to it) DO count as sky-bases." For example  

spacer.png

For example this base is allowed to kill people on there roof

spacer.png

but if I do the same thing to this base almost guaranty I would get in trouble

spacer.png

so I thing this rule should be change where the loitering sign only extends to the sidewalk and nothing else 

thank you for hearing me out and I hope you give this a
+1 to change the rule

Edited by Darken Death Gun
  • Like 3
  • thumbdown -1 3

Id say that if theres an an entrance through the roof and if you have a loitering sign you can KOS people who are loitering on your roof, but if theres no access from the roof and the only loitering sign is on the main door then it shouldnt be allowed to KOS if you are loitering on the roof of the base

On 12/7/2023 at 3:50 AM, Darken Death Gun said:

There is a rule on the server that says "KoS signs are not allowed but you may have Loitering signs. The minimum time for a loiterer to be killed is 5 seconds. Loitering signs extend to the area around the outside of a base, such as a sidewalk around it." and the part of it that we need to change is "Loitering signs extend to the area around the outside of a base, such as a sidewalk around it."

For some reason that rule extend to the roof even tho there is a rule that says "You cannot have a sky-base unless you are playing Preacher. Rooftops that are not explicitly part of the base (door leading to it) DO count as sky-bases." For example  

spacer.png

For example this base is allowed to kill people on there roof

spacer.png

but if I do the same thing to this base almost guaranty I would get in trouble

spacer.png

so I thing this rule should be change where the loitering sign only extends to the sidewalk and nothing else 

thank you for hearing me out and I hope you give this a
+1 to change the rule

This is called sky basing and is not allowed.

However the base you posted (the hotel) actually has access to it which makes it allowed to be based on if you want to. 

2 hours ago, Succ The Zucc said:

This is called sky basing and is not allowed.

However the base you posted (the hotel) actually has access to it which makes it allowed to be based on if you want to. 

yeah thats what im saying thats why i want to change the loitering sign rule to only extend to the sidewalk and not the roof of bases that dont have roof access

Loitering signs outside of spawn tunnel are not allowed, however Hyder had a building sign up and the roof is explicitly apart of the base. According to this rule: "Rooftops that are not explicitly part of the base (door leading to it) DO count as sky-bases." the "door leading to it" is just an example and is being removed shortly from MOTD to clear any further confusion. 

This rule: "Trespassing makes you KoS. This means if you trespass someone's house while they are "building" you will die." Would apply here. That is why you were killed, as you were Trespassing while Hyder was building.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion

3 hours ago, Developer said:

just an example

Also idk why you are saying this like its a true statement. the rule is meant to make basing more fair and the server less intimidating to new players without jump sweps, and 100% was intended to mean the door is a requirement.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 12:28 PM, GoatNuts said:

Id say that if theres an an entrance through the roof and if you have a loitering sign you can KOS people who are loitering on your roof, but if theres no access from the roof and the only loitering sign is on the main door then it shouldnt be allowed to KOS if you are loitering on the roof of the base

im like 100% certain thats literally what the rule says so idk what is confusing him

if there is a loitering sign on a base rooftop where there is a door to it, it is part of the base and not considered skybasing. 

if there is no door on the roof/access from the actual base itself (and not other props) and ur basing there, its considered skybasing

unsure what needs to be changed here it seems very self explanatory.

7 hours ago, Developer said:

According to this rule: "Rooftops that are not explicitly part of the base (door leading to it) DO count as sky-bases." the "door leading to it" is just an example and is being removed shortly from MOTD to clear any further confusion. 

edit: idk what this guy is yapping about his reply somehow confused me more than the actual purpose of the thread, does he want this rule removed to allow basing there or edited to not allow basing there? either way its not needed lol

no im pretty sure door leading to it is just what it actually means, saying that that roof top is part of the base is silly, it definitely just isnt. how far above that rooftop can you build with it being part of your base? (since there is a ledge at the top that you can stand on). idk this rule just doesnt need to be changed its fine as it is and has been known for years that you cant actually base on top of that base, same as the tunnels. 
define explicitly part of the base and what bases would NOT fall under this logic. If i own a door in industrial can i build on the roof since its my base?spacer.png

This rule is written this way because in order to raid a base, raiders must be able to raid it with just a lockpick and keypad cracker, no external sweps (mastersword etc). Basing on top of that rooftop in Image 2 (outside spawn tunnel) breaks this rule, and using a prop to get up there is propclimb. The rule is fine as it is and doesn't need editing, there is no confusion, basing on top of a rooftop that has no access to it other than propclimb or jumpsweps is not allowed.

Edited by Tene
  • Like 2
  • Failfish 1