Block button

VoN

3 minutes ago, Dreadmore said:

I don't think the hiding in tab is necessary but it would not cause any problems if it was only on the person who blocked that person. If player A blocked Player B then Player A couldn't see it but Player B could.

I think honestly having a client side mute persist through reconnecting would be an apt solution though and including anon and /p etc

Hiding in tab is an understandable loss, but I think most of all blocking chat for both parties upon block is the primary suggestion here. Including anon, etc.

Like, if I wanted to block someone, I don't want them to see my chat nor would I want to see theirs.

Edited by Gilgamesh

1 minute ago, Coconut Overflow said:

-1 Just rework the mute to be permanent through reconnecting. This is useless.

I think it's a bit insensitive to just outright say this is useless without considering the options presented. Read Hex's post and actually tell me how it's useless.

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh said:

Like, if I wanted to block someone, I don't want them to see my chat nor would I want to see theirs.

idk why them not seeing ur chat is necessary. again can cause more issues with false rdm reports cuz they cant see u adv warn / party yell. not too sure what the harassment is when they can see ur chat but u cant see anything they are saying.

also could i not abuse this by just blocking staff so i can get away with saying outrageous things until a report is made, with a staff having to check logs instead of them just acting the second they see it? i feel like this could lead to way more toxicity/harassment before a staff would usually intervene

i honestly dont see how improving the regular mute feature to just mute more chat commands is bad and how it doesnt solve the harassment issue. none of these other suggestions in this thread from what i can tell actually do anything more that stops harassment... sure from dreadmore's post u cant see if the other guys online, but u'll see him ingame, and if hes actually trying to harass you he will just harass you anyways.

Edited by Tene
  • Like 1

If you feel you are being harassed, I will always implore you to gather evidence of such a thing and either make a sit or a report on the forums. These things can not be acted upon without you taking the first step and making the report. But I will also tell you now, that you need to just stop interacting with these people, mute, and report them.  Stop adding fuel to the flames if you're being targeted by responding and flaming them back. As this will either not help your case, or make things spiral even more out of control. 

I understand it can be annoying, it can get heated, and whatever else. But you ultimately control your own words and actions. So gather evidence, and make the reports. Otherwise no one can genuinely help you out with things like this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Worst Dad said:

If you feel you are being harassed, I will always implore you to gather evidence of such a thing and either make a sit or a report on the forums. These things can not be acted upon without you taking the first step and making the report. But I will also tell you now, that you need to just stop interacting with these people, mute, and report them.  Stop adding fuel to the flames if you're being targeted by responding and flaming them back. As this will either not help your case, or make things spiral even more out of control. 

I understand it can be annoying, it can get heated, and whatever else. But you ultimately control your own words and actions. So gather evidence, and make the reports. Otherwise no one can genuinely help you out with things like this.

As per our posts, us players shouldn't have to go through the effort to 'gather evidence and submit a report on the forums', only to be belittled and made fun of even more for it. As I and Hex have stated, we should have more ability to find solutions for the issues ourselves. I'm sure alot of us harassed users don't enjoy being put down and shrugged off because >you< guys deem it not harassment despite not being in our shoes.

• crybaby -1 1

Can you even imagine how broken would this be in raids??????????

If it ain't broken don't fix it, just report anyone that annoys you, thats a way better solution than this suggestion

huge no

Edited by Guest