ESCAPE ROOM PUBLIC BASE?

Galarumz

nice idea but i think allowing fading doors for public bases would cause a lot more people abusing it to bait people into raiding then reporting, among just a general nuisance to have to deal with in a lot of circumstances. (cop/bountyhunter/hitman needs to go find someone inside but there is a fading door blocking them, they have no choice but to 'raid' to enter as the door wont be opened, which is a rulebreak)

Edited by Tene

Would allowing upon Mod+ inspection/approval be good in the case of actual rp dupes like this one then? Or should we just let this base be raided due to the current rules. Myself personally would rather have cool ideas be allowed as long as the staff that's on know about it at least when it goes up so they can at the minimum be allowed to put up a Don't Raid This sign or something so theyre not getting constantly raided just for trying to have an rp dupe that requires fading doors.

9 hours ago, Tene said:

nice idea but i think allowing fading doors for public bases would cause a lot more people abusing it to bait people into raiding then reporting, among just a general nuisance to have to deal with in a lot of circumstances. (cop/bountyhunter/hitman needs to go find someone inside but there is a fading door blocking them, they have no choice but to 'raid' to enter as the door wont be opened, which is a rulebreak)

I do agree with Tene that this could end up causing issues if a lot of people start doing it. You make a very good point about bounty hunters & hitmen having a target inside.

I've got to say though the escape rooms are really cool, I saw one of yours before & tried it.

I'm not sure what yet but maybe there is something we can do so this guys escape room doesn't get constantly raided but also won't run into many of the issues Tene brought up.

You're already not allowed to raid bases that have no entities inside, so maybe just put a sign up that says "this is an escape room for RP purposes, there are no entities inside". That way it won't be raided by normal people but cops and bounty hunters can still raid if needed.

Edited by cobaselic

1 hour ago, cobaselic said:

You're already not allowed to raid bases that have no entities inside,

This is true but since you can't tell if there are or aren't entities inside (even with the sign) it can technically still be raided by players who are looking for ents, however i do think the sign could work in deterring players or maybe it'd make them more interested in whats inside the base and lead to raiding.

7 hours ago, cobaselic said:

You're already not allowed to raid bases that have no entities inside, so maybe just put a sign up that says "this is an escape room for RP purposes, there are no entities inside". That way it won't be raided by normal people but cops and bounty hunters can still raid if needed.

Honestly what tene said which is why I think something could be in place. I'm all for allowing him to put a public base sign if he could show us the intention of the fading doors for the room/rooms. And if people are participating then even better. 

• Like 1