Shotgun damage (and other weapons in general)

Tene

Category:

Bug

Priority:

Medium

Description:

I think a lot of the playerbase on TitsRP has used a shotgun atleast once on another player, and I think a lot of them have aimed down sights with the shotgun before they shoot. These people will know that the shotgun damage that it deals when you are aiming down sights is extremely low, and the reason this happens is because of the pellets fired. Usually, with a shotgun, the damage statistic will be shown as (x amount of damage multiplied by however many pellets it fires) - For example : An Eric Cartmen Shotgun's Damage is 21x7, so it should deal 147 damage total, if all pellets land on the target. However, if you aim down sights with a shotgun, it will reduce the amount of pellets fired significantly. This happens with every single shotgun on the server, and for some reason it happens with the WZ-30 and reskins of it too, however it is much more inconsistent (The wz-30 deals 130 damage per body shot, but SOMETIMES will deal way less, like 50-60 despite you shooting the exact same spot)

I believe this is one of the major reasons why shotguns are not used at all anymore and are instead replaced by the use of SMGs.
Here is a video of me testing it with 3 different shotguns for a quick comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI6-1pEvYjU

How to reproduce:

Use a shotgun on a user whilst not aiming down sights, then use the exact same shotgun again but whilst you are aiming down sights, and notice the severe difference in damage.

This does not affect the Auto Shotgun or Double barrel as you cannot aim down sights with them !

Left is without aiming down sights, right is with aiming down sights.
spacer.png

Edited by Tene
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...