Remove The Ban On Selling/Buying In-game Money

Zek

40 minutes ago, Zek said:

Also did @HIDDENor @Slick ever participate in selling/buying? Genuine question I need to know before giving another answer. 

I think I bought some DarkRP once when I first joined the server from someone, I don't recall from whom.

Thank you for the quick replies @HIDDEN & @Slick.

What I was trying to extract from these answers was if you both knew the trill of playing a game you like and being able to get monetary gains. In reality it's an illusion, you don't gain that much money. Some of the biggest players back then were making 20$ per week but this was enough to motivate so many people to play on the server and keep playing.

It is frustrating that people who don't know any of this trill come on this thread with their best and most used argument being : "I don't like people advertising this on my screen".

I am not saying you shouldn't give arguments against it if you're not part of it, but I addressed almost all arguments made against it. No one has directly quoted any of my arguments to make a counter-argument, all I hear is subjective opinions about how advertising is annoying. Ironically, if you go on the old thread Sugar was critiquing people for saying the same subjective opinions but for the opposite side : "I want to be able to sell the money I grinded for"

In other words, you guys are selfish as were the people in the old thread. You can't empathize with the people on the other side who are trying to have fun and the biggest reason is because you get annoyed of people advertising. While the opposite side has much to lose, you guys have a small issue on your hand that is how to regulate advertising, sadly you don't even try to help and advocate for the ban to stay in place.

• Like 1

I don't necessarily dislike real money transactions in games. Like I said before, the thing that I disliked was the amount of popularity it gained. At some point, it was the meta to do real market transactions. TitsRP is not a huge MMO. It's a lot different when you have 20 people spamming trade chat in Stormwind when your game has 5 million players a month compared to TitsRP that had 10 people spamming adverts when there are 60 players online. You saw people come out of retirement just to sell their money on the server. They didn't even play, they just sat in spawn and spammed their stupid money selling advert. It just seemed gross to have 10 different people spam their darkrp adverts daily, up to 700 times a day.

I do try to have this server not be entirely focused on trying to grab your credit card. Go on any other server and the second you spawn you will see things like "Unlock VIP++ Dimond for only $70, click here now" "Click here to purchase 50 million dollars for $10" "Click here to always spawn with a knife". It had that same vibe. I want players to seek out the store on their own, not to have their throats clogged by other players trying to make a quick buck when they clearly had no intention to play. Think about it, why did you join TitsRP? Did you join it because "I bet I can make money on this server" or did you join it because "funny name, im about to say the nword in ooc"? 

Talking to Zek on this, I did share some profit statistics with him. TitsRP is doing well financially. We can hire developers and pay for expensive servers for this community. By selling DarkRP cash you do run into the risk of lowering profit and lowering player retention (which can be debated). At the end of the day, humans are not predictable and it's hard to pinpoint everyone's motive for playing.

But I hear your cry. The people who are in heavy support of this going through are obviously, the people who have the most money. Allowing RMT does give those veteran players a reason to no life the server which inherently increases player count which is all around a good thing.

Zek also raised his complaint that a middle man was required in most transactions because of potential scamming. While I am not prepared to lift the ban yet, I do have a plan to satisfy all of your needs, our needs and the safety needs of our players when performing RMT.

You will be able to list your DarkRP currency on a special market place that is all routed through the server. This protect you from chargebacks and it helps the player knowing that they will get the money they paid for. Although, this will require a paypal account. So if you do not have one, set one up because you will not be able to perform trades outside of this system as it will be a bannable offense. Here is an example of how a transaction would go:

1. Player A go to the market vendor and purchases a license for x DarkRP Cash to perform RMT (to prevent a flood of people spamming the market)
  2. Player A will then enter their paypal email and accept some terms
  3. Player A will then be able to list DarkRP cash they have for a price they have in mind. Lets say 20 mil for $10
  4. The listing will then go up for $12.00 and alerts the whole server that Player A just listed 20 mil for $10
  5. Player B will be able to then see that market listing and click buy
  6. It will then open a secure checkout page on Player B's screen allowing them to complete the transaction
  7. After completing the transaction, Player B will receive his DarkRP cash and player A will receive their $10 while we keep that $2 in fees

The few players that disagree with the above and have questions, I would be willing to answer them. Just keep in mind, the above will not change. It will be the only way we allow RMT in TitsRP.

Some common questions will be asked and I will answer them now

What if I don't have a paypal?

Get one

What if they don't have a paypal?

Get one

What if they don't want to pay via paypal?

There may be future payment methods down the line. But get a paypal

20% cut? Isn't that a lot?

You receive 100% of what you list for "You Receive". Coding the software to manage payments + hosting it is no easy task either.

Is the ban lifted RIGHT NOW?

No. It will be in a later update.

Can I advert my RMT in OOC or Advert?

No. Use the Discord for that. It will also announce to all players when making a listing.

• Like 6

On 7/3/2021 at 4:07 AM, USN peepoo said:

i dont think the issue with people not basing is related to people not being able to sell in game cash for irl cash as when it was banned people still based and/or played. 

agreed.  When money selling got banned plenty of people still based. I think some other changes affected the basing situation

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Slick said:

Do you really want people getting on the server adverting "Selling DarkRP for paypal" as quickly as staff let them get away with for three+ hours every day? Because that is what we got when we allowed selling of DarkRP cash for IRL currency.

yes, that is what we want, so give it to us

• Like 1

You're telling me you'd guys rather sell DarkRP for less than the federal minimum wage when McDonalds is hiring 12$ an hour minimum? McDonalds literally doesn't care who the fuck you are, just as long as you got a heart that's beating and you can stand on 2 feet.

#PaysMoreToWorkAtMcDonalds

This is a server that's intended to be fun, not a side hustle.

• thumbdown -1 5

35 minutes ago, Lil' Pudin' Taters said:

You're telling me you'd guys rather sell DarkRP for less than the federal minimum wage when McDonalds is hiring 12$ an hour minimum? McDonalds literally doesn't care who the fuck you are, just as long as you got a heart that's beating and you can stand on 2 feet.

#PaysMoreToWorkAtMcDonalds

This is a server that's intended to be fun, not a side hustle.

coping seething style

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1