Jetpack Rework

Blue.

I strongly believe jetpacks should be reworked to change the meta of how they are used.

For one, I think the normal left click boost should start really slow, and pick up a little more speed the longer you are in the air, vs using momentum to pick up speed. (holding the button, letting go, holding it again to pick up speed)

I also think the hover mode needs to be completely reworked. It does not hover at all, it shoots you forward and is really broken in my opinion.

The way the hover should work, is how they'd actually work, by holding you in the current position in the air you are in, enabling you to strafe around.

The next suggestion im going to bring up might sound insane, but hear me out: If both of these nerfs are applied to the jetpack, it would be a much slower item, thus a counter balance for this, would be being able to using weaponry with it. As crazy as this sounds, if the jetpack is slow enough, I don't see this being very OP.

• Like 3

[+1]

Overall I completely agree with this suggestion and think that all of those suggestions would improve the server. The only one I'm not quite sure about is the bit about being able to use weapons while jetpacking, I think that this would ultimately result in a bunch of terrorists flying around shooting people with people having no real means of defending against them.

Any for +1 of removal of jetpacks are probably just shitters. I don't know what type of experiences you guys have had but I've never seen someone consistently going 5x the speed of noclip to do something other then fly around the map since they're bored. I do feel like the max speed is a little fast. I do not see why abstergo is crying about it being 5x the speed of noclip as there really is never a use of noclip as staff. The weapon idea by making jetpacks extremely slow would just be a waste of time and you'd just use your master sword and learn to bhop. It really isn't that difficult to get a jetpack yet I've never gotten the advantage that you guys complain about using them.

I added a small startup time to them + made it so if you take damage, you will not be able to use it for around 3 seconds just like the master sword. You can still move extremely fast, just don't get shot.

• Like 2