Tuss

I feel like it would be a good idea if warns over 16 months old still show up on !warn, but they don’t count towards the threshold to get banned.

This shows the staff that they know the rules, but at the same time gives people time to change and not be afraid to play on the server. 

@Blue. suggested that I make a suggestions post about my idea after talking about it here

I feel that my main idea has flaws to it, but I don’t really know how to improve on it. Please leave any ideas you have to make it less flawed in the comments.

Edited by 15g of lasagna

4 hours ago, Jewann said:

only +1 if there was a time when warns didn't lead to a threshold for a ban, If this is a case, warns from before this time should not count towards bans.

i agree with this, i have around 10 warns from october 2018

6 hours ago, 15g of lasagna said:

I feel like it would be a good idea if warns over 16 months old still show up on !warn, but they don’t count towards the threshold to get banned.

i dont like 16 months, 24 is much more reasonable.

38 minutes ago, Slick said:

TitsRP has been out of beta for nearing 5 years now. Looking on the bans page, there have only been a handful of bans for people reaching 50 warns. This is not as big as a problem as you make it out to be.

when i joined the server, i was 11. i watched a lot of people playing darkrp and thought it would be a good idea to play some myself. the people i watched play gmod were big minges, and ofc i played like them. it was really only after i realized how fun tits is in general compared to other servers that i stopped being a hardcore minge. i got around 20-30 warns or smth close to that number from that time period. i’ve mostly changed but that doesn’t change the fact that i’m close to a perm ban for warnings. it’s to the point where i fear killing someone because they’ll complain rdm because they know i’m close to being permd.

ive literally told people when i rdm them on accident that if they’re gonna report me, just tell me so i can mass rdm so i don’t get a warning for rdm. id rather wait a week than wait an eternity. 

also what about people that are one warn away from a month ban? they come back to gmod for the first time in (insert long period of time here) and then they don’t particularly know the rules and get a warn. i’d probably be pretty pissed if i had to wait a month for something i did (insert long period of time here)

Edited by 15g of lasagna
last paragraph added

16 minutes ago, Mav Mitchell said:

i dont like 16 months, 24 is much more reasonable.

that’s what i meant when i said i feel like my original idea was flawed. i don’t how long is long enough. i just really put 16 months as a placeholder.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...