Active warns will become inactive on DC as opposed to reset

Fuel

Category:

Bug

Priority:

Medium

Description:

Active warnings given by staff will become inactive on disconnect making the auto-ban system completely impossible to happen after 5 warns as a kick would disconnect them and reset their active warns (3 warns disconnect, 5 warns ban is unachievable as you get kicked by 3, banned by 5 and you will be kicked so your warns would be reset, ergo the bug) This isn't intended according to Walter the Assaulter, which only makes sense as why would an in game system become null and void overtime? I distinctly remember as well that warns didn't go inactive before the server reset now they go away on disconnect which is probably not intended behavior.

How to reproduce:

Get warned by a staff member, look at your active warn, if it was one warn, reconnect. If you get warned 3 times, get your auto kick, join back, your warns are inactive.

2 hours ago, Azuria said:

I mean at that point you might just ban them if they are getting 2-3 warns in a single sesh

The system that was implemented doesn't work, that's the point of the bug report 

45 minutes ago, Rubik said:

active warnings doesn't really mean anything if I recall correctly

You are supposed to be kicked at 3 active warnings, and 1 day banned after reaching 5 I am pretty sure.

Warns have a "decay" rate, at which time they are no longer considered active. Just to double check, I warned myself and relogged. I still had 1 active warning after coming online.

So active warns are not removed on relog, but the decay time is set pretty low. I will discuss this with the staff team to see if that's something they want to change. 

Going to move this to squashed since the system is functioning as intended. I will have a chat with staff about changing this decay rate if they think it's necessary.