Occupations

Danutercisd

My job is nothing special but I will say my aunt in NYC is a editor for TV shows which I think is the coolest job ever. I went to school for Entertainment Technology but unfortunately that hadn't lead anywhere besides having a very specific set of skills I have not found a use for yet. She travels a lot to where ever the filming is taking place and makes at least 200k a year just freelancing. She won't talk much about the shows she's worked on but I've seen quite a few of them. All I know is she takes the raw footage and creates the scenes we see. 

26 minutes ago, Rubik said:

My job is nothing special but I will say my aunt in NYC is a editor for TV shows which I think is the coolest job ever. I went to school for Entertainment Technology but unfortunately that hadn't lead anywhere besides having a very specific set of skills I have not found a use for yet. She travels a lot to where ever the filming is taking place and makes at least 200k a year just freelancing. She won't talk much about the shows she's worked on but I've seen quite a few of them. All I know is she takes the raw footage and creates the scenes we see. 

Yeah. thats pretty dope, indeed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Before COVID happened, I was a Design Engineer for a pretty new startup design firm that helped local Tool and Die shops design sheetmetal stamping dies used to make car parts that go into GM, Ford, Toyota, Rivian, etc, cars.

Before that Design firm I worked at a big Tool and Die shop as a design engineer designing the heated fiberglass insulation molds used to make insulation that fits inside car doors, firewalls, hoods, and trunks. Anyone who has worked with car stereo knows the car insulation I am talking about.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2020 at 2:39 AM, Lil' Pudin' Taters said:

Before COVID happened, I was a Design Engineer for a pretty new startup design firm that helped local Tool and Die shops design sheetmetal stamping dies used to make car parts that go into GM, Ford, Toyota, Rivian, etc, cars.

Before that Design firm I worked at a big Tool and Die shop as a design engineer designing the heated fiberglass insulation molds used to make insulation that fits inside car doors, firewalls, hoods, and trunks. Anyone who has worked with car stereo knows the car insulation I am talking about.

Thats pretty cool. I don't really work with cars much but I think I know what you are talking about

On 7/7/2020 at 5:59 AM, Cobaselic said:

I work *officially* for FedEx, I got a pretty easy job there. Boxes come down the line, I put them on carts. Easy shit and good pay. I make music and play shows on the side, but playing shows had to be put on pause because of the pandemic. My favorite job doe is being a dad, that shit is dope.

I bet it is. I wish to be a dad someday. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do, but I'll figure it out down the road.

• Like 1
  • thumbdown -1 1

mom wants me to work at publix but fuck that i dont wanna work at a grocery store, theres this one airsoft place I like alot and I want to get a job at, they only hire at 16 though so rip

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Akumi said:

mom wants me to work at publix but fuck that i dont wanna work at a grocery store, theres this one airsoft place I like alot and I want to get a job at, they only hire at 16 though so rip

well, I bet once you get old enough, you'll be a very good candidate for the job. I never worked at retail, but I heard its fucking cancer

Edited by DANUTERCISD
Typo
  • Thanks 1
  • thumbdown -1 1

• 2 weeks later...

Data Management/Head I.T Guy at my work, Pretty fun stuff get to learn lots of things + meet really cool people. I pretty much work on massive Server Boxes/Maintain website's process orders anything you think a Technology guy would do.

Edited by lore
add things to what i said
  • Like 1