Add Twitter to the Server

Flexie

When I used to play on GTA RP we used to have Twitter where users could do /tweet to say something to everyone in the server without going /ooc.  I think it would promote good role-play to have a /tweet function because now people just use /ooc when they want to send a message to everyone in the server whether it is actually OOC or not.

• Like 1

I'm game for something like that, OOC isn't really out of character chat because local chat doesn't strictly apply to RP chat, its just global chat and local chat really

Edited by Suicideblue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Suicideblue said:

I'm game for something like that, OOC isn't really out of character chat because local chat doesn't strictly apply to RP chat, its just global chat.

True but it would give people that get more into their characters a way to express themselves 😛

This is a good idea but it only really works on server that are more "serious". I know exactly what you're talking about and I think it's a really cool idea when executed properly. Most GTA servers I have seen used Twitter as a way to advertise drugs and guns anonymously. Would be cool to see "anonymous" function more like this rather than people just memeing but again, that has a lot to do with how serious the RP is on a server. I don't see it being used much here in the same way GTA servers do. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Carelos said:

OOC basically just global chat. I feel as if the adverts is the tweet feature ur talking about 

They key with "twitter" would be like, imagine Anonymous except you pick and keep a specific name, which in serious RP servers would take a lot of "investigating" to determine who you are but also allows the right people to identify you. It works and is really fun on serious RP servers. *cough*

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rubik said:

They key with "twitter" would be like, imagine Anonymous except you pick and keep a specific name, which in serious RP servers would take a lot of "investigating" to determine who you are but also allows the right people to identify you. It works and is really fun on serious RP servers. *cough*

Actually, yeah, you have a good point.  The RP here isn't as serious and it wouldn't be applicable to most of the player base here.  😛  I was just suggesting it because some people get more into their character/job than others and it would be interesting to see how things would unfold if it were a feature.

• Like 1