The Nerf Of Myers

Cosmic Nova

I think Michael Myers in the current state he can be found in is extremely abuseable and quite toxic, seemingly few defenses for the class in its current standing.

To start his kill threshold is extremely extremely high compared to all other related killed classes. He is allowed to kos people with 75 or less hp with no reprocussion. Many cc's have models that push them under the 75 hp leaving them to be killed on repeat over and over the second they spawn. Stray explosives or gunshots can easily hit random players below the 75 mark making them wide open to be murdered by myers. I personally have seen a myers kill six+ people in the span of 15 seconds because so many people were slightly wounded. A correction for this issue could be lowering the kill threshold to 50hp, This is a much more reasonable limit as most players only fall below 50hp if they are in an active gunfight or doing something gun related. Not from just randomly getting shot or wounded. 

Secondly Myers has immunity. While Rapists, Pedos, and Kidnappers all have KOS clauses where they can be killed if they perform their jobs roll myers doesn't. This means if a cop isn't present a Myers is permitted to go on a streak down the road killing tons of people and unless someone is partied up nothing can be done to counter him. The speed of myers and the damage of his knife already makes him extremely powerful so howbout we hold him back a bit by letting all players kill myers once he starts his KOSSING. since he is a perm job he can just respawn and start over. Minding the rules of NLR.

Lastly I think we should FIREARM restrict Myers, this is to say he is already extremely powerful when he is up in your face stabbing you, Since you are currently not allowed to shoot him unless he starts stabbing you he should only be allowed to stab you, If you are able to get away from him he is allowed to start shooting you if you're killing him. I have watched myers go from stabbing to swapping into shotguns to blast the person fighting for their life from the rdmer. So I say just like mr. bones Lock myers from his inventory so he can't spawn guns to absolutely demolish players and make him just use his knife in action.

You cant compare mike to other jobs bc he is a legacy job, meaning you can just chose him at will, you have to be selected randomly or craft a legacy forger. Im sure youre making this bc of wilhelm and the fact that rdmed him a few times for just running at you as myers, and he made a sit on you about it, and you mentioned to me that he has 112 kill as myers, but he has been myers for 4 hrs. "The speed of myers and the damage of his knife" the speed and the damage is the same has any other knife. Myers isn't even op at all imo and I've played has him many times, also in my experiences of playing mike it can get quite boring at times as its hard to find people under 75hp,

Since when did we have a Rapist class?

Anyway, I oppose locking him out from having ranged weapons. This change would make it so you can just beat Myers by Holding S and Shift and shooting him with practically 0 risk, since, let's be real here, his right-click teleport sucks, and, even if it didn't suck, it takes too long to use in an actual fight anyway. I also oppose lowering the hp threshold, most models that can be auto-KOSed by Myers at the 75hp threshold would still be auto-KOSed at a 50 hp threshold, and I think lowering it from it's current value would make it so Myers hardly ever gets any opportunities to kill anyone who isn't one of the prior mentioned small models. The current threshold actually provides him with some opportunities to engage most players occasionally, whenever a fight breaks out somewhere. I understand if you think him auto-KOSing small models is an issue, but him engaging injured players definitely is not. Finally, I don't really think just adding another class that can KOS Myers (Maybe expand Chucky's list?) would fix any issues, since that wouldn't change Myer's engagement opportunities, and wouldn't prevent him from engaging on you, it would just mean sometimes he gets killed by Chucky. It wouldn't have the same effect as, say, kidnappers being KOS to everyone, because you can actually play around kidnappers by just hanging out around a large number of players, which is incredibly easy to do, versus expanding the Chucky list...like....are you going to stand around another player playing Chucky every day? No. No you are not.

So, I don't necessarily think he's balanced in his current state, I just don't like any of the proposed solutions.

Personally, I think, if Myers needs some sort of nerf... How does everyone feel about adding him to the default AOS list? That's the change I would go for, personally, if it absolutely had to be done. Doesn't change his engagement conditions, but gives players more opportunity to counter Myers - they can just hang around CPs, or in PD, or if they're really getting annoyed by a Myers player, they can just spam the CPs with information about Myers is AOS, or just swap to CP themselves.

Clearly if he is able to kill 112+ people in 4 hours it is extremely extremely easy to find people with under 75 health. And yes this is about wilhem. When someone uses something to an extent where its flaws show we are allowed to provide suggestions. Just how we abused the lockdown AOS so hard they changed that rule which I COMPLETELY agree with. Myers can be abused with Ranged and His Knife to be AIDS to the servers for hours on end and the players aren't allowed to KOS him when he's going ham on a ton of people at once. Or add a audio cue with his knife. If you're looking at someone with the knife equipped it plays noise for that person so they might know they are about to explode at any moment instead of someone appearing behind you and insta killing you. Just like how dead by daylight does it.

I do not think he needs a nerf, heres why. You must be randomly chosen to become myers which rarely happens. Secondly, if you want to become a legacy job at will, you must craft a legacy forger. A single Legacy forger requires a rare gem and even if you muster the courage to waste a rare gem on a legacy forger, you still only have a 25% chance of even becoming him. Getting myers is not a common occurrence at all. You rarely see one every two days or so. The chances to randomly be selected as any legacy job are very very slim. So why make a job thats already rare and hard to obtain have to jump through hoops just to play as him.

On the immunity thing, theres lots of jobs that can KOS with being kosed first. Shark, Crab, sewer monster, Pissed baby to a Pedo (who cannot kos until the baby hits him) and these arent even legacy jobs, you can become them at any time. 

Another note id like to add, I NEVER under any circumstances will kos a player that spawns with less than 75 health. Something should be implemented to avoid having to use discretion, but thats best addressed in a different post.