Kamala Gekido

Thoughts on Kidnapping  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts on Kidnapping

• I like kidnapping
    • I do not like kidnapping/being kidnapped
    • No Opinion

Batman can zip tie kidnappers

And you guys didn’t understand where I was coming from. I’m not saying remove them from it being on CC’s but I think there should be a CC for kidnapping. Like how we have the option for it being a cop and it being irreversible. It would even out how OP your CC can be. And it would have the same rules as cultist.

7. Make failing to put a person into a cage/proper kidnap RP a warnable offense/define it as FailRP/Minging. 

Already works this way, you cannot kidnap and just leave a dude on the street or whatever. Also if you aren't held for most of the kidnap timer it 'fails' to kidnap you allowing you to kill yourself or your kidnapper.

That's a few of mine.

I've had this happen to me multiple times, and even by a staff member. If this is a rule, it needs to start being enforced more.

you actually can just kidnap someone and leave them there, just run away, you dont have to do anything with them. herb is wrong about that rule... the rule was removed from motd a very long time ago.. As for kidnapping, people really dont even kidnap anymore, there is only a few people that spam beast potions and kidnap and they dont even play that much. kidnapping is not an issue at all imo

7. Make failing to put a person into a cage/proper kidnap RP a warnable offense/define it as FailRP/Minging. 

Already works this way, you cannot kidnap and just leave a dude on the street or whatever. Also if you aren't held for most of the kidnap timer it 'fails' to kidnap you allowing you to kill yourself or your kidnapper.

That's a few of mine.

I've had this happen to me multiple times, and even by a staff member. If this is a rule, it needs to start being enforced more.

you actually can just kidnap someone and leave them there, just run away, you dont have to do anything with them. herb is wrong about that rule... the rule was removed from motd a very long time ago.. As for kidnapping, people really dont even kidnap anymore, there is only a few people that spam beast potions and kidnap and they dont even play that much. kidnapping is not an issue at all imo

Have you played at all lately? There isn't a time that I haven't played where there aren't at least four people running around (mostly on CC) with Kidnap SWEPs, booping people and then either just throwing them into the sewers to fuck with them and make them commit suicide, or dragging them into their base. The fact that someone made a thread and it's now at three pages, shows that there is something at least people don't like about kidnapping. I don't think anyone is advocating for kidnapping to not exist, but I think that something about it does need to change, otherwise we have CC that totally imbalance the game beyond the point of rationale.

The fact that someone made a thread and it's now at three pages, shows that there is something at least people don't like about kidnapping. I don't think anyone is advocating for kidnapping to not exist, but I think that something about it does need to change, otherwise we have CC that totally imbalance the game beyond the point of rationale.

these discussions typically get up to around five pages or so before before petering out and no changes get made

Kidnapping is one of the worst and most toxic things on this server

-Since CC's can have bludgeons you can be kidnapped anywhere anytime by anyone.

-You lose all your weapons weather they succeed in kidnapping you or not.

-99% of the time it's not even fun kidnapping it's just sitting in a black box waiting for the timer.

-Since most of the big kidnapping gangs have numerous members you're unlikely to be saved and it's a license to kill anyone who attempts to stop it.

-Since most of the gangs have all the perks it's only a 2-minute cooldown between kidnappings.

-This is also assuming they don't just instantly execute you as soon as your kidnapped. 

-Being thrown in the sewers every two minutes.

___________________________________________________________________________________

And when it comes down to it the only counterpoints are 

"Well, we paid real money for our bathwater bludgeons."

"I'm a kidnapper main and I find nothing wrong with kidnapping."

"Lmao just shoot the kidnappers."

"Git gud"

___________________________________________________________________________________

With the way, kidnapping is now it's one of the main detractors from the server for me and I feel I play the server less because of it this is from my stand point where im personally somewhat developed but for newer players kidnapping can be devastating.

The "I paid real money for my bludgeon" argument is a very valid argument. I mean, of everyone who wants bludgeons removed from CC's want to save up some money and reimburse everybody personally, then maybe bludgeons can be removed. If not, quit trying to act like that doesn't matter. People work for their money.

This argument gets downplayed is largely because the only the people that handle the server's money have a stake in it, and counters to said argument can only really be made after a lot of questions about how donations are managed are answered. Honestly, it's way over most regular player's heads.

tbh i don't think a lot of people even know where to begin on that one-- as it should largely be up to the money handlers to figure out potential refunds if a cash-making donation dealio they came up with proves to later be problematic with a sizable chunk of the playerbase in the first place.

It might even be a moot point entirely, since the cash shop ToS states: 

Refunds

We cannot offer refunds after you recieve your stuff. Everything on this shop delivered instantly.

so idk, in that light maybe it's not so valid an argument.

Its an entirely valid argument, because the people that handle the money shouldn't have to worry about refunding what would be hundreds of dollars just because people don't like being kidnapped.

Again, potentially a moot point entirely since the cash shop's ToS states that refunds are not offered in the first place.

Do you buy bludgeons on the cash site? No. You buy it from the CC vendor with Suga. Which would be refunded if everything was taken away. But by your logic, you would rather have the server fuck over everyone who spends real money here, just because you can't handle being kidnapped. Which is worse, literally robbing people of money, or being stuck in a cage for 5 minutes. Which would make people leave the server faster, having a reputation of stealing money from people, or having kidnapping that you can escape after literally 5 minutes. Get outta here with that petty shit man. What yall are asking for is not only stupid but it's borderline criminal. "Take away shit people paid real money for because I can't handle a dark cage, sucks to suck".

oh well damn, if that's the case, as far as the donation shop is concerned, you spent money on suga, not a bludgeon

here this whole time i thought we were talking about real-world cash

refund suga bing bang boom, no real theft involved-- nobody cries foul this hard when a CC weapon or model they spent suga on gets altered or removed

also, I'm not gonna argue with your emotions or personal attacks on this, bludgeons on CCs appears to be seen as an issue by a not-insignificant portion of the playerbase here on the forums alone and i don't think any amount of stomping and proclaiming "git gud" is gonna stop new players leaving over it or threads about it coming up every month or two

Well the people who pay real money to have reskins added to the CC buyer would beg to differ. So again, would you rather have the server be known for stealing peoples money, or be stuck in a cage for 5 minutes. Y'all complain and complain, but the kidnapping system has been here forever. Why would it change now. But aye, if you ever decide to get a skin or something added to the server, +1 for them to take your money and just not give you the skin. Thats literally the equivalent of what you're asking.

i wouldn't sweat it a bit if they refunded the suga bb

so long as everyone gets back whatever suga they spent on it, i have a really hard time believing that the server would get a reputation for stealing people's money-- especially if it followed players pushing for a change. to me that says they care more about the player experience than trying to maintain some sort of balance in an economy that can't be balanced in the first place.

but yeh, like... you bought suga, not a bludgeon

stop conflating the two