A Thread about Kidnapping (Why I think it should be changed).

Ya boi Xenu

What do you think? Should kidnapping get a nerf, or change?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think? Should kidnapping get a nerf, or change?

• Yes please, kidnapping should be changed!
    • No, I like kidnapping the way it is.

Hey guys.

I just wanted to make a thread on kidnapping, and why I think it should be changed in some way, or at least modifyed with a few new rules.

My reasons for changing kidnapping as follows: 

1. Can't really do anything about it (especially with cancerous CCs flying up in the air with that one sword that does that that every fucking CC has). 

2. Takes away from the server experince, where you just sit in a locked room for a few minutes with no way to break out. 

Even though I don't think it's ruining the server, it's definately annoying as heck. 

I have a few ideas on how this could be changed, but i'm not an admin, mod, or donator, so these changes will probably be taken with a grain of salt, and that's fine. I probably have no room to talk about how exactly to make this better, but I think I have the right to say that I feel the way kidnapping is at this point; it kinda sucks. 

My Ideas:

1. Give victims some way to fight back. Maybe give them limited access to their inventory, or there is a chance that not all the weapons where picked clean and you still have a lockpick or a keypad in your loadout.

2. A reward for releasing/rescueing kidnapped. Maybe when a SWAT officer releases a kidnapped, they get money equal to the weapon price of the kidnapped (Split among the other SWAT, SWAT only because it's kinda their job to take care of things like that, also, the money split isn't made insignificant, like fines). 

3. If a CC has a baton, they can't get the sword, and vice versa. 

4. When a kidnapper is holding a body, maybe there can be a speed penalty, so that way it's easier to kill/arrest them.

Anyway, I hope this could get the attention of a few people to get a discussion going.

I'd like to see SOME change to kidnapping. I'd rather see it removed from CC's entirely, but now that we have custom bludgeons - that won't happen.

The idea of removing the bludgeon if you have a movement swep seems like a pretty good change. I think there should be some implementation of a way to break out. 

I think it should be something that you can craft - that way everyone has access to it.

For example

Hidden Lockpick - Only received when you are knocked out. Unlocks doors / fading doors 25% faster when you have been kidnapped. 

Crafting cost could be like 2 wood and 5 ore. It is automatically used upon crafting and is lost upon death - that way you can't stockpile them in your inventory. It wouldn't be fair to kidnappers when everyone has a stack of 100 and they just get out.

Also you run into the issue where - yes, you escaped - but you don't have any items.

There should be an NPC by the beach and PD that will unkidnap you once you escaped. This also prevents people randomly kidnapping people in the streets and having to get killed to get their stuff back.

I think you make a lot of good points. I think some of the next changes you should see in a future update is:

Nerfing CC's to either make them hold the player longer to be considered kidnapped or make the kidnapper slower if they're a CC

Make it so kidnappers automatically drop the kidnap box next to the player after they wake up (can be a talent)

Make it so upon waking up, kidnappers auto swap to the kidnap box to give more of an incentive to place it down

Make it so if a CP destroys a kidnap box, the kidnapped player is automatically released

Make it so if the player manages to run a far enough distance away from their original kidnapped position, they are automatically released

Make it so you can have a hidden lockpick like Viscus is saying

A lot of people do not like kidnapping (obviously, no one wants to sit around for 5 minutes) but the reason why people play as it is to be annoying (obviously). I think in most aspects of this server, its very forgiving if something bad happens to you so adding those changes above wouldn't be too out of line

Personally I think kidnapping is fine as it is and shouldn't be changed. People can just go afk dead, at fountain, or at spawn and it is impossible to kidnap them. While they are out of these areas and not afk, CCs actually have a disadvantage in kidnapping compared to default kidnapping jobs due to gang talents for kidnapping not working on CCs and that carrying a body prevents you from using any weapons at all. Not to mention the fact that kidnapping or even attempted kidnapping makes you KOS to everyone.

I think you make a lot of good points. I think some of the next changes you should see in a future update is:

Nerfing CC's to either make them hold the player longer to be considered kidnapped or make the kidnapper slower if they're a CC

Make it so kidnappers automatically drop the kidnap box next to the player after they wake up (can be a talent)

Make it so upon waking up, kidnappers auto swap to the kidnap box to give more of an incentive to place it down

Make it so if a CP destroys a kidnap box, the kidnapped player is automatically released

Make it so if the player manages to run a far enough distance away from their original kidnapped position, they are automatically released

Make it so you can have a hidden lockpick like Viscus is saying

A lot of people do not like kidnapping (obviously, no one wants to sit around for 5 minutes) but the reason why people play as it is to be annoying (obviously). I think in most aspects of this server, its very forgiving if something bad happens to you so adding those changes above wouldn't be too out of line

All of these are fine except the hidden lockpick. That's going to be extremely obnoxious.

The hidden lockpick shouldn't be an issue. A player should not be forced to sit out of playing the server for a few minutes "just because" you wanted to. Being kidnapped is extremely obnoxious. I'm sure there could be a weapon checker for the kidnapper or something - so they can strip the lockpick on the person if they actually check. The player has to craft the hidden lockpick every life, every time they join the server - it doesn't store in the inventory. I am sure the crafting cost could be higher - or maybe make a material that you can only get by fishing so it isn't as prevalent. 

And you can still use adren while kidnapping for the speed boost.

I would like to see an attempted kidnap only be kos to the parties involved (kidnapper and victim).

instead of hidden lockpick just make it so civilian phone persists if you're kidnapped so its useful to have it in your tab and buy it so you can be saved by cops.

ive made this suggestion so many times now but i really think its better than having a secret lockpick since people will just build dupes around it.

I just dont want anything to really affect me when im kidnapping.

All I did is kidnap one person and ask them questions to see if they die or get released.

Or I either had my deli dupe and kill everyone immediately to make meat.