Making PD Raiding during grace against the rules.

BRINGINGARMAGEDDON

Raiding during Grace sabotages the mayor or cp's building time. It's supposed to be GRACE for a reason. Having raids on the PD during this is just dumb. If a mayor is elected during a PD raid, any raid going on should get immediatly ended and the cooldown should be reset for them to raid after grace.

the point of grace period is to not kill the mayor so he has enough time to do whatever u cant just raid the PD as soon as the mayor is elected u should have to wait so i suggest adding a warning on the TV screen outside of PD that says if ur allowed to raid or not or if the grace period is done

A lot of people take advantage of a new mayor election to raid the PD as they know there will be little defenses. I don't think in progress PD raids should end when  a new mayor is elected but ithink calling a raid as a new mayor is elected should be forbidden

I agree with Herb, all raids in progress already before the "A mayor election in 60 secs blabla" should be allowed to continue and during grace (well a part of it*) be forbidden.

*why a part of it and not the whole lot: Grace is set so the mayor has enough time to be in power, not just to setup his defenses. It might just be me but I think 10 minutes is too long to prevent potential PD raids, since if the raid succeeds, most likely the mayor dies, someone else runs and the whole cycle starts again. (tl;dr, most raids will be concentrated at that point just after grace, which I don't think will be very fulfilling to players as *ahem* people tend to pd raid just to stay at the lobby and kill everyone, including fellow raiders)

With that in mind, though, I suggest that there be a publicly Grace timer somewhere so people don't have to !revolt to see how much time is left in grace.

As far as I know, Mayor's Grace already makes it forbidden to attack the Mayor in any form. But I can send this to sugar and maybe he can add it in to the code so that it makes PD unraidable if it's not already. He needs to fix that screen anyway as many people report it not working correctly on their screens.

As far as I know, Mayor's Grace already makes it forbidden to attack the Mayor in any form. 

Disclaimer: This is a meme rule and has never been true in any form. You may harm the mayor in valid RP the same as if he weren't in grace period, it simply won't do anything but make him want to do bad things to the server.

My suggested solution: Make the mayor literally invincible during his grace period, make him unable to leave the PD during this time by teleporting him back if he tries to leave, making it a period where he is most literally graced. Have the end announced to the entire server instead of us sitting around trying !unfun until it works.

I agree with Herb, all raids in progress already before the "A mayor election in 60 secs blabla" should be allowed to continue and during grace (well a part of it*) be forbidden.

*why a part of it and not the whole lot: Grace is set so the mayor has enough time to be in power, not just to setup his defenses. It might just be me but I think 10 minutes is too long to prevent potential PD raids, since if the raid succeeds, most likely the mayor dies, someone else runs and the whole cycle starts again. (tl;dr, most raids will be concentrated at that point just after grace, which I don't think will be very fulfilling to players as *ahem* people tend to pd raid just to stay at the lobby and kill everyone, including fellow raiders)

With that in mind, though, I suggest that there be a publicly Grace timer somewhere so people don't have to !revolt to see how much time is left in grace.

Bread that dupe I made last night took like 2 hours, 10 minutes grace is fine to set up a 2-3 door defense lmao

Only the dankest of memes

My suggested solution: Make the mayor literally invincible during his grace period, make him unable to leave the PD during this time by teleporting him back if he tries to leave, making it a period where he is most literally graced. Have the end announced to the entire server instead of us sitting around trying !unfun until it works.

+1the teleport could work like the recall to PD talent but it's forced. The end being announced would also be suitable.

Also encourages actual PD defenses and encourages a disciplined police force

As far as I know, Mayor's Grace already makes it forbidden to attack the Mayor in any form. 

Disclaimer: This is a meme rule and has never been true in any form. You may harm the mayor in valid RP the same as if he weren't in grace period, it simply won't do anything but make him want to do bad things to the server.

I didn't mean he is immune to rp I meant like you can't specifically target the mayor during this time.

anyway sugar already said he would do something to fix this issue.