Admins.

Booper Scooper

Do you think we need more Admins?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we need more Admins?

Ok, I think we don't need more admins but I would like to SEE admins on. I see Piixel and dindu on more than i did on the previous map and I'm ok with how they are. Like I at least see them once a week or so.

I’m on almost every day now and can login at any time I’m needed. You really don’t need admins for any reason that I can think of except to boost morale I guess? Eh, not really a good enough reason. If we were to get new admins though we’d definitely need new head admins (yes plural). I believe that if we want new admins we have to get either a bunch of admins or none because the reasons that you guys are giving can’t be solved with only one or two new admins. If we promote like 5 new admins we will most definitely need new head admins to moderate these guys as we currently have no active head admins.

Then again I don’t really think we need any new admins or head admins anyway, at least right now.

The point if this post and poll was to get feedback from the ENTIRE community on whether we need a dynamic change in the staff team, however it appears only staff contributed to this. I'm gonna send the poll results to sugar, where ultimately it will be his decision

Alright..

What I first want to point out, is that I never said that the admins don't do their job. And, Blacnova, you're right. If we were to get around 4 or 5 brand new admins, we would need more head admins to make sure they are doing well. But here's the thing, you've come to a point where you know what's good or what's bad. Same thing goes for Piixel. Even though the choice of getting new admins would be difficult. We would have to get the most great mods (in a small number) and give them admin. We DO have good mods that could be admins one day, but there's one particular mod that catches my eye and I 100% think needs admin. But of course, this is not a vote for who gets admin. This is just a vote on do we need more admins. 

The current admins are doing a great job even at a low number. The Head Admins are inactive, and if they weren't, then I wouldn't have made this post. We have Blacnova, Dindu, and Piixel. Those are the only active admins, and maybe if Sway gets back for Thanksgiving we will have him as well. Now, what would that put us at? Four active admins and one active Super Admin. Seems good right?

Well, of course that's a little bit better but when you put it this way, Sway went inactive for college, Dindu is doing very well, but has school and same goes for Blacnova. Piixel is doing well, and he has school and other things. Now, about that new rank, Piixel, let's take a look into it. Our ranking system of staff goes with

Super Admin - Sugar

Head Admins - Gazooks, Neko, Erston

Admins - Dindu, Sway, Prodigy, Blacnova, Fantsama, Cullen, and Piixel.

Moderators - A shit ton of them

Trial Moderators - A shit ton of them

Now, with the new rank, what would the purpose be? Is it in between an admin and head admin? Or in between an admin and mod? 

I mean, a rank that's higher than a mod, but lower than an admin would go along the lines of Head Mod. Allowing people to get head mod won't be such a bad idea since it gives people the chance the prove themselves for admin. Like a trial run for admin but trial admin sounds hecking retarded. 

Let's put the ranks in a scale (not an official one, but something)

Super Admin - 0% of getting it - Infinite

Head Admin - 10-13% of getting it - 1515

Admin - 26-32% of getting it - 110

Moderator - 77% of getting it - 5

Trial Moderator - 91% of getting it - 1

Now, let's put a new rank that could have two different scales in power. 

--

The new rank - 64% of getting it (for example) - 20 (for example) - (Between mod and admin)

The new rank - 16-20% of getting (for example) - 430 (for example) - (Between admin and head admin)

(This IS NOT LEGIT. Do NOT cause drama over the names being listed.)

Now, let's give Blacnova, Tunnel, "The new rank" to moderate over the admins. Now, everything seems fine and dandy, we have two higher ranking staff than an admin, but not higher than the head admin. We do not need the head admins, since they are all inactive. Now, we will need more admins. And now that we have a higher ranking staff rank, Blacnova and Tunnel would both fit the job and watch over the lower ranking staff. 

Now, this rank will not gain any other special powers like promoting people to admin or something. But it will be able to make the decision on punishing an admin and below of course. So, we have that. Now what we will need are of course the new admins. For example, three or four new admins. We have Sugar who is all we need for head admins and below, but that wouldn't really make a good staff team since we have to work together on things. Okay, now that we have found the new admins, everything seems to be doing well, and it's fine. 

However, with a rank like that in power, 

It wouldn't be needed. Nope, not really. I mean, we could just get one new admin and leave the rest but what I'm going for is SOMETHING that can help out the current admins.

Sugar can't do everything and like everyone would think, reporting an admin is VERY rare if we choose the actual good mods. But we have to think about it of course. 

You may be wondering why I didn't do an example with "the new rank" (between mod and admin). Well, that is VERY unneeded and wouldn't be that much of use since we don't need to have them be able to promote/demote for staff reports. Maybe a higher ban time? Sure (..?)

But there really wouldn't be that much of a high change in power with a rank like that. Sure you can boss around mods, but that'd be it basically. Nothing too much needed.  

And the admin between head admin rank wouldn't be of use with us since we really wouldn't expect that much of a report. 

But I will come to a small solution, 

I am going to close this thread and wait for a response from Sugar. He is the only one that makes the rules here, and he may choose whether we need them or not. The poll isn't what I'm mainly here for. Its purpose was to see what everyone thought of the matter. If you were to vote no, then you would have to make a comment as to why. 

And honestly, I am 50/50 now, since of the great responses and opinions on this. Thank you all of you who decided to make an actual RELEVANT COMMENT. 

And like I said, this isn't an excuse to say the current admins are lazy. This is something I would like to see to help them out since they have other things to do than just administrate. 

Anyways, 

Closed..for now