Mass Staff Demotion Needs to be implace

EricPrince811

What has happened to you?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What has happened to you?

• Staff ignored my sits sending over 5 requests
    • Staff Claimed they were AFK during a 10min wait
    • Staff Didnt handle the situation until the user left which lead to no punishment.
    • Staff Ignored the rule breaker until they were affected by it.
    • Staff do not claim sits but are hanging out.
    • Staff are only answering my sit to deny it after 5 claims and I decide to spam sits requests

I personally find it annoying that people do

" @ admin to me i have question"

WHY DON'T U JUST SAY THE QUESTION??????????

Theres also the people who say "@ rdm" then spam random letters to get over the 50 character limit, it would be way better if the situation was explained more instead of just spamming random letters.

Also, a message to players. If someone randomly kills you and you don't know why, ask them yourself first. Sometimes it's not RDM. As neko said, chill with the @ button lol

Neko.. you're gei and anime suckz

Neko you potato eater this isn't a real report can a man meme? ggeez

As I said I still love to do sits as I feel I can do them rather efficiently with my investigative mind.

The main issues I have is people asking me to do sits when I'm afk or I leave rp to take sits cause everyone is whining and then 20 minutes go by and no sits. so...

and the main people complaining are the ones that spam the same "ar dee em halp" for a half hour until they ragequit... (cough cough OP cough)

To users,

Combat lazy staff by not being a lazy user.

If your sit is not claimed in a minute, call it again. The way our sit system is set up, your sit disappears from our screen after about a minute and we can't see it unless we go into the logs. If it went away and new ones pop up? New ones are getting taken. This is the number one reason sits don't get taken, especially when the server is really busy with them.

Check !staff. Try sending PMs if you tried your sit 2-3 times and nobody claimed it. Be nice and not rude. If someone nicely PMs me about their sit, I will absolutely bring them when I'm done with the one I'm in.

If you get no answers, well...fuck, I dunno, you're either dealing with very busy or very lazy staff. Or your sit is really dumb. Every time someone calls a sit about someone not adverting raid, I get a little closer to firing off my mass columbine bind.

To staff,

CALL THEM OUT

IT'S HAPPENED TO ME, I'VE BEEN CALLED OUT

GUESS WHAT?

I started taking sits. Nobody will get upset if you ask people to start helping out with sits. All it takes is a "too many sits for me, could someone help out?"

Here's a tip, dont call a sit on single rdms.

So basically, if X RDMs C, and C attempts to talk to him but he won't respond or he just says something stupid like "because I want to" or "you hit me first" when C knows he never did anything to X, is it wrong for C to make a sit about it, or should he just ignore it?

Here's a tip, dont call a sit on single rdms.

So basically, if X RDMs C, and C attempts to talk to him but he won't respond or he just says something stupid like "because I want to" or "you hit me first" when C knows he never did anything to X, is it wrong for C to make a sit about it, or should he just ignore it?

Going by the MOTD? Ignore it.

What should be ignored is his post.

Issue is triple sided

Users are too silly and expect and answer for remedial questions which shouldn't be asked to an admin. "How do I plant seeds!"

Users fail to understand that they can solve a lot of their own issues. A lot of the times, a RDM is a misunderstanding. If the user is a long time player, it most likely is a misunderstanding and you're over-reacting

Users fail to understand that they should write detailed reports instead of "admin help  eriogfjhoier[hjgoierhghhorhf[ioh ". That is how you get your sit ignored

Some staff don't take their position seriously. While it's a volunteer job, if you don't do it, what is the point of even having it

Some staff prefer to not take issues where it takes too long to solve which makes them take the remedial questions like "How do I plant seeds!"

Some staff don't play and when they do play, they don't play for long. This is due to a lack of staff (we have around 60-ish actual staff members who may or may not be active)

We don't have anyone managing how staff rolls. We just expect everyone to do their jobs. I pitched an idea of a staff manager in the discord, we will see how that goes

Demoting people in a time like this is bad. We already only have 60-ish staff members and there are usually 0-5 staff members on at a given time. If you mass demote people, you will have a server with no active staff

We don't have brilliant people who apply for staff and we don't have that many staff apps (people get staff and leave within 2 days). A lot of people apply for staff for the status rather than helping

We don't have an actual training period besides trail mod where we just let them do sits like any other moderator (which that is how you get experience with helping people)

I'm going to close this for now as it becomes a massive poop fest. If you want more information just search "Bad Staff", "staff dont take sits" in the search bar and you will find essays