Who wants a map change

187th that guy with the gu

Do you want to change to downtown altered. (if the playerbase wouldnt die if we switched)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to change to downtown altered. (if the playerbase wouldnt die if we switched)

• Yes
    • Yes but i dont want to change to altered.
    • I (for some reason) Prefer to play on downtown over any other map

I honestly think Downtown altered deserves a try. and I know this is going to be shot down by sugar or other people as soon as I post this but I might as well try cause I still have freedom of press.

Reason #1.  It CONTAINS the ORGINAL MAP and only EXTENDS IT. about 90-95% of the original map is STILL their on altered. the only difference is the pd, the bank, and a few buildings that nobody really uses anyway.

Reason #2. Sooo Many jobs would fit perfectly on the map. There is a church for the preacher, there are actualy parking lots for cars, the mayor has a court house, there is an actual bank, there is a lake for a moster vs hunters job possibly, and there are more buildings made out of space that wasn't used before. (one example being the hospital at suburbs.

Reason #3 I believe that if the people who want the map play everyday and populate the server, more people will come. and even if current players don't like the map (which I have no idea why they wouldn't) they still wouldn't want to lose their time invested into the server.

Now I understand what some of u negative people are going to say and ive heard enough of it,

* "its not downtown": Well yes it is, its the same map just extended with new buildings that barely change the original map.

* "Map changes have always failed in the past" : I know but those were huge changes that changed the map completely, downtown altered is THE SAME MAP, with a few extensions to lighten up the scenery.

* "Even Map Variants have failed" well yea cuase those map variants changed like 50% of the map so new players didn't know it and like I said, altered only changes like 5-10% of the old map, so I don't think a new player is gonna hate the map.

* "Boxean you will never learn, it WILL fail" : yea well you know what, after all that reasoning you will never know unless you try cause like I said "ITS THE SAME FUCKING MAP" the only difference is that buildings were added to it without removing any of the old ones.

Also based on the poll we have AT LEAST 16 people that DO want a map change, Which means we have at least 16 people that will play on the server regularly. so if u add it up I can see about 10-15 people on at slow hours and 25-30 people on at peak hours (I did some probability calculations).

So the only reason to disagree with me is if ur THAT SCARED of a playerbase drop, or if u just really hate cooler maps than downtown.

I honestly think Downtown altered deserves a try. and I know this is going to be shot down by sugar or other people as soon as I post this but I might as well try cause I still have freedom of press.

Reason #1.  It CONTAINS the ORGINAL MAP and only EXTENDS IT. about 90-95% of the original map is STILL their on altered. the only difference is the pd, the bank, and a few buildings that nobody really uses anyway.

Reason #2. Sooo Many jobs would fit perfectly on the map. There is a church for the preacher, there are actualy parking lots for cars, the mayor has a court house, there is an actual bank, there is a lake for a moster vs hunters job possibly, and there are more buildings made out of space that wasn't used before. (one example being the hospital at suburbs.

Reason #3 I believe that if the people who want the map play everyday and populate the server, more people will come. and even if current players don't like the map (which I have no idea why they wouldn't) they still wouldn't want to lose their time invested into the server.

Now I understand what some of u negative people are going to say and ive heard enough of it,

* "its not downtown": Well yes it is, its the same map just extended with new buildings that barely change the original map.

* "Map changes have always failed in the past" : I know but those were huge changes that changed the map completely, downtown altered is THE SAME MAP, with a few extensions to lighten up the scenery.

* "Even Map Variants have failed" well yea cuase those map variants changed like 50% of the map so new players didn't know it and like I said, altered only changes like 5-10% of the old map, so I don't think a new player is gonna hate the map.

* "Boxean you will never learn, it WILL fail" : yea well you know what, after all that reasoning you will never know unless you try cause like I said "ITS THE SAME FUCKING MAP" the only difference is that buildings were added to it without removing any of the old ones.

Also based on the poll we have AT LEAST 16 people that DO want a map change, Which means we have at least 16 people that will play on the server regularly. so if u add it up I can see about 10-15 people on at slow hours and 25-30 people on at peak hours (I did some probability calculations).

So the only reason to disagree with me is if ur THAT SCARED of a playerbase drop, or if u just really hate cooler maps than downtown.

How do you still not understand that it does not matter what map you switch it to, players still have to download the new map to play on the server which does take a while meaning that people will leave while joining the server. And you get a massive player loss due to that. Someone please close this cancer thread.

-Snip-

How do you still not understand that it does not matter what map you switch it to, players still have to download the new map to play on the server which does take a while meaning that people will leave while joining the server. And you get a massive player loss due to that. Someone please close this cancer thread.

I got you fam........

Sugar already said that he is not doing a map change, stop making threads about this topic.

Anyone that continues after my post will be subjected to a warn on the forums....

Starting now...