steam friend notification

rickitytick

most of the time i find myself not knowing who of my friends are on and who arent, and i have to search them all in the tab menu to see. maybe you guys could add a steam friends notification in the chat or something when a friend joins, and maybe even add a little friends list to show who all is online and who isnt, if possible of course. i think it would be pretty neat and helpful

just roam the map or set up a party, and if they are online they will open party gui and join, if they aren''t they wont.. if you're joining later check to see if there is already a party made by one of ur friends, if there isnt there is a good chance they aren't on, so you yourself set up a party. that's how i do it with a lot of my friends

On 4/23/2022 at 8:37 AM, rickitytick said:

most of the time i find myself not knowing who of my friends are on and who arent, and i have to search them all in the tab menu to see. maybe you guys could add a steam friends notification in the chat or something when a friend joins, and maybe even add a little friends list to show who all is online and who isnt, if possible of course. i think it would be pretty neat and helpful

If you press Shift + Tab the place where your friends normally are shows your friends in the same server (if you have any!)

You can also add nucknames to your friends on steam so you can see what their nickcnames are. It is easier to identify that way and doesnt require any real extra work plus it is permenant.

Also, on the F4 menu you can identify your Steam friends by this green bar on the left side of their name and a light grey border around them in the player list. This can get overwritten by the player's job color so this could definitely be improved a bit. 

image.png