Remove The Ban On Selling/Buying In-game Money

Zek

i feel like when selling money was allowed you had to actively seek it out and was very far from 'Selling 50mil $1 a mil. PM me for my paypal Buy now and get 500 pickup boxes.' it was a service only for those who needed and sought it out which operates on the same principle as sugar's shop, and very few people even had the accumulated wealth to be selling. maybe my memory's bad but it was far from the global chat advertisements you'd see in games like maplestory and BDO and i dont see the server ever becoming like that if this was allowed again. i think itd make the server more  competitive and make basing important and meaningful again. its interesting that HIDDEN talks about letting players enjoy the game how they want while supporting the restricting of those who enjoy the mmo elements of the server

Edited by smerexy
  • thumbdown -1 3

7 hours ago, Lean said:

Just make it to where you have to pay a tax fee to sugar for selling on his server. If you wanna advertise give him 5% of what you make. omegalulu.

Just sold 10 mil! Hol up, almost forgot to cashapp sugar a dollar

Edited by Raccoons

this should come back due to the amount of people basing as of rn there is hardly people basing in this point of time which makes this gives incentive to make people start to base again due to they have something outside of gmod to gain. +1

Edited by omg uwu malicious

1 hour ago, HIDDEN said:

I feel like this will just create more problems, issues and scamming

Buying money existed for years. There was more CC scamming then rmt scamming as everyone that sold large amounts of money had like $300 worth of shit on the server and its not worth scamming for like $10-20

6 minutes ago, HIDDEN said:

yes technically buying money "existed" for years however it was only until a couple months before the ban that people started actually doing it, most people got annoyed with the amount of /advert spam it created, sugar had been uneasy on the idea for a while as well but it wasn't until people started to really ramp up the rate at which they would advertise and sell things for actual cash that sugar decided to ban it.

A lot of people frame the argument as "well if someone doesn't wanna grind all day but be OP anyways he can just buy money from someone else" well if that's the argument then literally just buy suga dollars from the OFFICAL store that actually supports the server and trade it in for DarkRP cash with another player or just spend it yourself on the CC and Auction House.

I feel like a majority of people wanna SELL stuff more than they want to BUY stuff.

It's true that more CC scamming happens but you guys act like this isn't REAL money that's getting lost, according to google the american minimum wage is 7.25 so if you attempt to buy something for 20 bucks from a guy infamous for alting but you don't know that and get scammed out of 20 bucks then that's like 2 and a half hours of WORK wasted compared to 2 and a half hours of FREE TIME. Some people out there are greedy enough to willingly get banned if it means making a quick buck, look at all of those scammers you find messaging you on steam and discord.

there’s just so much wrong with what you said it’s not even worth spending the time to reply to each point. The only thing i’ll address is your first point, but just know the other two are equally stupid.  Buying money has been done, advertised, and hardly ever an issue for the entire time the server had existed. 

2 hours ago, WantedNearby said:

Adding a tax that goes to sugar doesnt work people will just do it in secret again.

This can be fixed by adding a (semi)-automated middleman service on the website or in the game with a fee to use the service (This is the main talk happening with the Devs right now behind the scene). 

This might not prevent people who  trust each other and wont use the service, but I think it's a good way for the server to make revenue from. Also new users who don't have your trust are usually the majority of the customers you get (in my experience). 

Edited by Zek

45 minutes ago, Zek said:

This can be fixed by adding a (semi)-automated middleman service on the website or in the game with a fee to use the service (This is the main talk happening with the Devs right now behind the scene). 

This might not prevent people who  trust each other and wont use the service, but I think it's a good way for the server to make revenue from. Also new users who don't have your trust are usually the majority of the customers you get (in my experience). 

This is a good idea, I can imagine the middleman thing would work where the player buying the money pays the website, the website takes a fee, and then the website pays the money out to whatever service the selling player wants to use.