Make actions outside of TitsRP not punishable

Quas

5 minutes ago, dokerz said:

If a ban is for toxicity and then proceeds to go on other servers screaming the n word to ransoms. Or is banned for cheating and gets banned on icefuse 

Uh, no. Cheating bans are already perms anyways and you shouldnt get punished for still being toxic outside of tits after you got a ban for it.

The main problem I've seen lately regarding this is that people will do or say whatever they like in their own private Discord server (of course we have zero control over that), then people bring that drama into the TitsRP discord. I will use a specific situation as an example because it actually happened recently:

Let's say a TitsRP discord member starts doxing someone or sharing their IRL photos in a private Discord. Someone else gets that photo and starts reposting / sharing it to members in the TitsRP discord. Should we just allow our community members to get away with that type of stuff just because it didn't happen on our server?

There are many scenarios where Rule 12 is effective, just on paper I'll admit it seems a bit harsh. Quite frankly, if people didn't try to get away with some really fucked up stuff we wouldn't even need to come up with rules like this. Everything we have done is a reaction to some type of action which negatively affects another community member, our staff or reputation in the Gmod community. My goal (and I'm sure I share this with the entire staff team) is to keep TitsRP online for as long as possible and make sure it's a healthy and safe environment for everyone. You have every right to voice your concerns for a specific rule or whatever but why anyone would come here and +1 something like removing a rule that protects a user from harassment or abuse is beyond my comprehension. 

To go back to your suggestion that activities outside of TitsRP shouldn't be considered in ban appeals / reports, what if evidence of the above was provided in a player report or a ban appeal? Why would we not consider that? Let's say the offender applies for staff, would you really want someone like that moderating your playtime on TitsRP? 

Note: I know your suggestion was not directly related to rule 12, but I provide this situation as an example of why we would want to consider someone's activities outside of TitsRP in a ban appeal, report or staff app. 

13 minutes ago, Rubik said:

The main problem I've seen lately regarding this is that people will do or say whatever they like in their own private Discord server (of course we have zero control over that), then people bring that drama into the TitsRP discord. I will use a specific situation as an example because it actually happened recently:

Let's say a TitsRP discord member starts doxing someone or sharing their IRL photos in a private Discord. Someone else gets that photo and starts reposting / sharing it to members in the TitsRP discord. Should we just allow our community members to get away with that type of stuff just because it didn't happen on our server?

There are many scenarios where Rule 12 is effective, just on paper I'll admit it seems a bit harsh. Quite frankly, if people didn't try to get away with some really fucked up stuff we wouldn't even need to come up with rules like this. Everything we have done is a reaction to some type of action which negatively affects another community member, our staff or reputation in the Gmod community. My goal (and I'm sure I share this with the entire staff team) is to keep TitsRP online for as long as possible and make sure it's a healthy and safe environment for everyone. You have every right to voice your concerns for a specific rule or whatever but why anyone would come here and +1 something like removing a rule that protects a user from harassment or abuse is beyond my comprehension. 

To go back to your suggestion that activities outside of TitsRP shouldn't be considered in ban appeals / reports, what if evidence of the above was provided in a player report or a ban appeal? Why would we not consider that? Let's say the offender applies for staff, would you really want someone like that moderating your playtime on TitsRP? 

Note: I know your suggestion was not directly related to rule 12, but I provide this situation as an example of why we would want to consider someone's activities outside of TitsRP in a ban appeal, report or staff app. 

Obviously if it is brought into TitsRP I think you are in the right to punish someone for doxxing. But for what you said about not considering that type of evidence is becasue its not yours, or my place to punish someone over what they do in private.

Keep TitsRP healthy, keep it going, we all want that but I dont think accepting evidence or punishing players for what they do outside of TitsRP is the way to go. I dont care how crappy of a person someone is, if they keep it out of TitsRP, follow the rules, and arent toxic in the server, then let them be. if a video of me surfaced where I was trolling and being extremely toxic in a discord or gmod server, would that warrant a punishment even though I have followed every rule since ive been back? It may influence your opinion of me but do you think that it would truly warrant a ban/warn?

I recently had a situation where a user posted my face, my name and my location in my discord and displayed the information on his steam account. Had it not been for rule 12, this would have gone unpunished. As Rubik said, the rule does sound harsh but its something that's needed sadly. I doubt you'd get muted for saying a couple funny words in your own or a friends discord. Rule 12 is mostly reserved for cases of extreme toxicity, harassment and as I've already mentioned, doxxing. 

Edited by Raccoons
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HIDDEN said:

Well if they post it in the discord, forums, ingame, etc 100% ban them. If they aren't sending it there and are instead sending it through dm's / other discords that isn't going to stop just because they were banned from discord as they are still able to go through the dm's process and some may even take a more extreme approach. While I think this kind of situlation is bad, it should fall under a general no drama rule instead of a specific rule like rule 12.

Was just about to say that. Getting banned from the server wont stop whoever it is from doing that. It will reduce the damage but not by much. Theres still the rest of the internet.

TBF though, if someone does do something as heinous as doxxing, ddosssing, post CP, etc. even though it doesnt do much damage control, I have no issue if you intervene. other then that, toxicity, harassment, anything that can be prevented by the victim should not be punishable.

24 minutes ago, Quas said:

TBF though, if someone does do something as heinous as doxxing, ddosssing, post CP, etc. even though it doesnt do much damage control, I have no issue if you intervene. other then that, toxicity, harassment, anything that can be prevented by the victim should not be punishable.

How you gonna prevent harassment if they block the dude, but the dude shares it with his people on his private discord, and now that entire gang is now harassing them.  There's a point where it just gets too out of hand. Like, what's this dude gonna do now, block all those people? Now those people are gonna get something like his facepic and share it to everyone except on the titsrp platform, where the problem originated. In a way, it is ALL related to titsrp. Had neither player come in contact with each other THROUGH titsrp, they wouldn't know the other existed. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SEWER said:

How you gonna prevent harassment if they block the dude, but the dude shares it with his people on his private discord, and now that entire gang is now harassing them.  There's a point where it just gets too out of hand. Like, what's this dude gonna do now, block all those people? Now those people are gonna get something like his facepic and share it to everyone except on the titsrp platform, where the problem originated. In a way, it is ALL related to titsrp. Had neither player come in contact with each other THROUGH titsrp, they wouldn't know the other existed. 

Sewer, you summed up my thoughts exactly. 

8 hours ago, SEWER said:

My point exactly. At the end of the say, TitsRP is only one community. They can get banned but its not going to change that there is literally the entire internet left. 

I also dont know why people trip about a face pic as well. City? Maybe. Address? Definitely. But a face pic means nothing, the most people can do with that is call you ugly. 

• thumbdown -1 3

pretty sure OG got originally banned because the guy who said was harrasing him showed doc evidence on dms/a private server or something and OG got perma'd without a report or anyway to refute the claims. if that shit can happen with approval from a head admin or whatever i doubt asking will do shit.

• KDawg locked this topic