A smashup of all your favourite chem bugs

snake eyes

Category:

Bug

Priority:

Medium

Description:

Theres a fair amount of chemical pump bugs bug spots and id like to finally report most of them

How to reproduce:

will put all bugs in the chatbox

- Chemical Pumps will start out at 100% HP (HP being the loose term for how much you can pull out [Chemical Barrels Currently Pull Out 20% HP]) When they first spawn in. this includes when the server restarts, and most importantly, when using a Materials Galore.

Currently all other materials have max "HP" when they spawn in but chem pumps don't and I believe this has to do with the changes that were made a long time ago to chem pumps.

- Chemical Pumps display incorrect "HP". They have 200% HP but only display 100% leading to you being able to pull 5 barrels without noticing a change in %.

This is without a doubt the most confusing because it wasn't always like this. A long time ago (by a long time i mean like a few years ago) it worked perfectly fine, 100% HP and 10% takeout. Then one of the devs changed it to 200% HP and 10% takeout, after that it was changed to 20% takeout and THEN the devs changed the HP displayed to 100% but never changed the actual hp. I have no idea why this hasn't been fixed.

- Chemical Pumps (and for that matter i think all resources) after being spawned in by a materials galore seem to also all be considered for respawn. This leads to Materials Galore turning into Materials Forever (atleast for the day since they respawn much quicker)

This might be intentional but if it is it isn't displayed. It also might not be real too.

There will be a 2nd report made to deal with buggy chem pumps and spots that I think should be moved.

I also have no video for any of this so you will just have to test them all for yourself. they should be self explanatory from reading them.

- Chemical Pumps will start out at 100% HP (HP being the loose term for how much you can pull out [Chemical Barrels Currently Pull Out 20% HP]) When they first spawn in. this includes when the server restarts, and most importantly, when using a Materials Galore.

Is this a bug or are you just making a statement? 

Currently all other materials have max "HP" when they spawn in but chem pumps don't and I believe this has to do with the changes that were made a long time ago to chem pumps.

I don't understand what you mean. They spawn with 100HP. 

- Chemical Pumps display incorrect "HP". They have 200% HP but only display 100% leading to you being able to pull 5 barrels without noticing a change in %.

I wasn't able to reproduce this. First barrel took 20HP leaving the node at 80. Second barrel left it at 60 and so on. I was able to farm 5 barrels from a world-spawn node. Seems to behave as intended so I'm not sure where you're getting 200HP from or anything like that. 

This is without a doubt the most confusing because it wasn't always like this. A long time ago (by a long time i mean like a few years ago) it worked perfectly fine, 100% HP and 10% takeout. Then one of the devs changed it to 200% HP and 10% takeout, after that it was changed to 20% takeout and THEN the devs changed the HP displayed to 100% but never changed the actual hp. I have no idea why this hasn't been fixed.

See above. 

- Chemical Pumps (and for that matter i think all resources) after being spawned in by a materials galore seem to also all be considered for respawn. This leads to Materials Galore turning into Materials Forever (atleast for the day since they respawn much quicker)

I don't understand what the issue is here. All nodes respawn somewhere every few minutes. Once they're used up they spawn somewhere else. That's how it's supposed to work. 

This might be intentional but if it is it isn't displayed. It also might not be real too.

There will be a 2nd report made to deal with buggy chem pumps and spots that I think should be moved.

I also have no video for any of this so you will just have to test them all for yourself. they should be self explanatory from reading them.

Is this a bug or are you just making a statement? 

I'd assume this would be a bug as it doesn't seem intentional for you to only be able to farm 5 barrels off of the pumps that first spawn on the map, then be able to farm 10 from them forever afterwards. 

I don't understand what you mean. They spawn with 100HP. 

Displayed as 100% HP but they have an effective health of 200HP. A video will be posted for reference to what I mean by them having 200HP.

I wasn't able to reproduce this. First barrel took 20HP leaving the node at 80. Second barrel left it at 60 and so on. I was able to farm 5 barrels from a world-spawn node. Seems to behave as intended so I'm not sure where you're getting 200HP from or anything like that. 

If this is on a separate server then that seems to make sense as the previous statement from up-top stated that they only can be farmed 5 times. If this is on the main server then, I'm not really sure. I've put a link at the bottom to a video of me farming 6 barrels off of one pump which should show what i mean by the pumps having 200% HP. 

I don't understand what the issue is here. All nodes respawn somewhere every few minutes. Once they're used up they spawn somewhere else. That's how it's supposed to work. 

So its an intentional feature? It was mainly posed as a question since it didn't seem right that the nodes spawned from a materials galore would keep respawning long after starting.

a 4 minute long video of me farming barrels at a chem pump that supposedly had 100% HP. Stopped recording after 6 barrels since i suppose there isn't any need to show another 3 minutes of me sitting at the pump to farm the last 4 barrels.

This should explain what i meant with those posts and if not then idk.

The issue is that you can get 10 barrels from a hose, but the hp (the percent above the hose) thinks you can only take out 5. This leads to you able to take out 5 barrels before the health starts going down

I used to think this bug was because of how spawns were saved in in the past and cached but turns out its not. This happens after you use a chemical node for the first time. If it has 10 uses it is a node that has respawned. This is fixed for the next reset